Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

I love Shazza (and all that were involved in this decision)

HomerJay

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Random one but anyone remember what kind of allocation we got for WBA in play offs when they were rebuilding half the stadium?

Sure it was 2k not too dissimilar in that corner

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Sure it was 2k not too dissimilar in that corner

Actually just gone and looked at the highlights I always remember it looking like a tiny strip of away fans but it's actually a decent chunk.

Great kit.

Looked boiling.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Actually just gone and looked at the highlights I always remember it looking like a tiny strip of away fans but it's actually a decent chunk.

Great kit.

Looked boiling.

I recall going topless Newcastle style and waving my shirt around my head lots after we equalised

Great atmosphere after we'd scored the second 

12.30 KO 

Went for a couple after the match in Sutton Coldfield and ended up staying till well after last orders when we left with a crate of bottles the landlord sold us for fuck all as it was his last day 

We were there that long @DirtySanchez managed to get pissed and then sober up in time to drive us home

Had to stop at knutsford so we could throw up

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

I recall going topless Newcastle style and waving my shirt around my head lots after we equalised

12.30 KO 

Went for a couple after the match in Sutton Coldfield and ended up staying till well after last orders when we left with a crate of bottles the landlord sold us for fuck all as it was his last day 

We were there that long @DirtySanchez managed to get pissed and then sober up in time to drive us home

Same again tomorrow? Topless I mean, not a lock in.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Zico said:

12.30 KO 

Loaded up the boot with booze that looked like we'd just got back from Calais

Also when waving the shirt around that annoyed a woman and it turned out to be an old teacher from school

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Zico said:

12.30 KO 

Marvellous day. Went with @HazzyinBolton courtesy of BSA 👏

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Same again tomorrow? Topless I mean, not a lock in.

I'm watching at home but why not

Was ace though 

After we equalised it was non stop we are the one and only wanderers, was on the end of row in the corner so one hand waving shirt and one hand banging the metal wall thing

The folly of youth 

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Random one but anyone remember what kind of allocation we got for WBA in play offs when they were rebuilding half the stadium?

I wagged sixth form to get the first train to the reebok. 

Queued till just after 12 then got our 6 tickets and got the train home. Thought I'd have a look at the tickets just past Chorley and realised they'd only given me 5.

Had to get off and go back. Then queue again to sort it out as. Didn't have the bottle to bowl to the front in my innocent youth.

Got back to Blackpool for tea time and sixth form had rang home to see where I was and my mum went fucking mental at me and my Dad for letting me do it :)

49 minutes ago, Zico said:

I'm watching at home but why not

Was ace though 

After we equalised it was non stop we are the one and only wanderers, was on the end of row in the corner so one hand waving shirt and one hand banging the metal wall thing

The folly of youth 

Looked like great scenes on those highlights after the penalty, more of the same tomorrow please. Not that anyone will see it on telly seen as they stick everyone as far back as possible!

27 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I wagged sixth form to get the first train to the reebok. 

Queued till just after 12 then got our 6 tickets and got the train home. Thought I'd have a look at the tickets just past Chorley and realised they'd only given me 5.

Had to get off and go back. Then queue again to sort it out as. Didn't have the bottle to bowl to the front in my innocent youth.

Got back to Blackpool for tea time and sixth form had rang home to see where I was and my mum went fucking mental at me and my Dad for letting me do it :)

Ticket office fuck ups AGAIN 😂 how long were you in queue for the second time round, bet they couldn't believe you didn't just but in

Mad that your sixth form was doing that, they couldn't give a shit where we were at ours! 

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Looked like great scenes on those highlights after the penalty, more of the same tomorrow please. Not that anyone will see it on telly seen as they stick everyone as far back as possible!

Ticket office fuck ups AGAIN 😂 how long were you in queue for the second time round, bet they couldn't believe you didn't just but in

Mad that your sixth form was doing that, they couldn't give a shit where we were at ours! 

I'm now going on YouTube to watch these highlights and see where I end up

WBA one of my highlights watching Bolton.  Atmosphere was red hot from the 1st minute, WBA fans were well up for it, at that time they were happy just to have made the play offs, not expecting to win.  Roberts and Hughes up front were a right handful and we were 2 down. 

Had a similar feel to the Wolves play off a few years earlier when we also went 2 nil down and managed to win the tie, great days.

Never any problem getting tickets even though we sold out allocations for both, if it was now I wouldn't even be arsed trying, they'd be gone by 10.02.   

23 minutes ago, Zico said:

I'm now going on YouTube to watch these highlights and see where I end up

I was doing the same and came across this - I was stood on that open terrace behind the goal for this one.  Yet another come back from 2 down in the black country, and we had our keeper sent off, the comeback was with 10 men. 

McAteer scored from distance like he did in the Wolves play off comeback (and he didn't score many, nice one at Arsenal though).

1 hour ago, jayjayoghani said:

It's the exact number Barnsley gave us?  

World class shithousing. 

Does anyone know what our upper tier holds? Is it possible we told them they’d get our upper tier and they gave us the same number?

Just a hypothesis.