Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next season

Posted (edited)

You would think optimistically, that now the team would regroup, use yesterday's heartbreak as fuel, like Dempsey said and get top 2 next season at the very least. But football doesn't always work like that.

We have no devine right, being probably the biggest club in the league next season with the nicest stadium and most likely the highest attendances. Means fuck all as we've seen.

I'm genuinely dreading next season at the minute, Reading, Wigan, Blackpool and Charlton will only get better.

Rotherham with frigging Steve Evans in charge, Clarke Harris up top, guarantee top 6. Birmingham and Huddersfield will be competing. Barnsley and Peterborough are always thereabouts.

Then the likes of Stockport and Wrexham coming up as well, who will no doubt bring 4,000 to our place and treat it like a cup final and get a result just like Carlisle and Wigan did.

God I really need something to give me some positivity

Edited by Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter

Renewed for next season 

they can all fuck off now for three months.

Last week has been horrible. Yesterday making a perfect shit week.

Share the sentiments and feel the same way about us being in League 1 for the long haul. Looking like us being another Pompey and Sunderland.

I personally happy to have the Euros to keep us busy over the summer. 

Will probably feel different come August.

Been a long and horrible season

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Share the sentiments and feel the same way about us being in League 1 for the long haul. Looking like us being another Pompey and Sunderland.

I personally happy to have the Euros to keep us busy over the summer. 

Will probably feel different come August.

Been a long and horrible season

Could be the case, or we could do it next season. 

We simply don't know, irrespective of opinions of the management. 

Both those teams you mentioned have gone up, even if it took a while.

One thing I would say, is that irrespective of club size, finance etc, no-one has the right to be promoted. 

It still has to be earned, and belittling small clubs etc only inspires them. I just hope the players realise that.

2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Any momentum and feel-good factor within the club has been smashed to smithereens in 90 minutes. 

Complete clear-out needed starting with IE and then we can look forward to pre-season. 

That's what makes it all so deflating.

That team should spend every waking minute being thankful for the support they've been given this season. Time after time they've let us down yet we all keep coming back for more like a battered wife.

32k there yesterday, every away end sold out this season.

The shithouses don't know how lucky they are.

It shouldn't matter about other teams. We have the basis of a squad to take us up and we have the resources of a big club for this league. If the manager can develop himself and make the right changes to personnel and tactics, then we will go up automatically.

All this “we have a good enough squad” I think is a bit blinkered. We are ok but we aren’t the envy of teams some folk think. We’ve got 4 strikers who can’t score ffs