Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Euro 24

L/H White

• Members
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It really is uncanny how similar the Southgate and Evatt debates are to each other

Aye, and looking at the likers of the blunderbuss halfwits post, how similar to the political discourse on here.

All the snowflake marigold pansy types 'assemble' backing the serial expert in failure.

26 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

All the snowflake marigold pansy types 'assemble' backing the serial expert in failure.

As a fully paid up member of the snowflake, marigold, pansy group I'd like to back all those successful managers we've had prior to Southgate. Oh. Even Sir Alf was an utter failure after his success.

In a wide competition, I think the daftest thing I've ever seen posted on here is an England fan not wanting them to win because the manager's too woke. Feck me.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I do back Southgate but did did think the second half against Italy needed a bit of more tactical nouse. It was a huge opportunity missed, and yes the players do have to take some responsibility for that as well.

I agree.

We started to sit deep and neither the management nor the players sorted it.

I'm no fan of all the surrounding "stuff"- for me they should just concentrate on the football- but that doesn't mean that the manager can't be judged on his decent record separately. 

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree.

We started to sit deep and neither the management nor the players sorted it.

I'm no fan of all the surrounding "stuff"- for me they should just concentrate on the football- but that doesn't mean that the manager can't be judged on his decent record separately. 

Agree - separate some of the surrounding noise with him as a football manager and there and many things we have to commend but also, that doesn't absolve him when he was found a bit wanting.

6 hours ago, woolli said:

How the fuck can you say Southgates a winner when hes won fuck all. He lost us the euros last time round, and will do the same in Germany.

So the players didn't bottle it then? 

2 hours ago, bwfc2003 said:

Wife beater collymore going on about it - all England fans accoring to that skld ,mark

I’m reliably informed from sources on the ground that Serbians went for a lone England fan. The Albanians and English ended up running the Serbs.

They looked scared of winning against Italy- the players and manager. Soon as we took the lead they collectively shat the bed. We've not had a better chance of winning something in my lifetime and we may never again. If we get that far here it can't happen again.

Nowts perfect but he's done a very solid job overall for me on the pitch and cultivated something better off it.

Give me this lot and this manager over the utter bellends that were the "Golden Generation" any day of the week. Bunch of self entitled gobshites.

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Every game so far with a decent level of entertainment. Every game with an early goal. 

....erm, England up next.

Was about to post the same. The tournament has been great so far. Noone going out for a bore draw as of yet. Really enjoyable games

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Winning most matches, winning group stages, winning quarter finals and winning a semi final is apparently not winning although I have to admit it felt like winning at the time.

Folk forget that England under Southgate have a better win percentage against World top ten opposition than Germany, Italy, Holland, Croatia and Portugal in the same period.

Not bad for a loser.

Was staying on R5 we've never won a semi final on foreign soil 

All those teams listed have

So there's the first challenge