Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Euro 24

L/H White

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Correct. For Gods sake man go. Get a proper footballing man in instead of a virtue signalling automaton.

woudl you accept a proper footballing virtue signaller?

I reckon Bobby Robson would be one

12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Clutching at straws but in last euros we struggled to beat Croatia first game then drew with Scotland 0-0 then ended up in final.

We might get to the semi again if we can arrange to play Ukraine and Denmark at home 😀

And yes we beat Germany earlier, fair enough, but playing at home helps. 

24 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s unbalanced. Nothing progressive/attacking on the left. 

Needed Gordon or Grealish from Ibiza.

Why have we not got another left footed left back in the squad rather than the injured Shaw? It’s not like it’s League 1 making do. There’s 70 million English people to choose from.

There’s that Palace left back isn’t there?

In fact we should just have taken all Palaces English players, they might have gelled better than that lot today

I’ve had this same conversation over and over again 😂. As far as I can tell we have 2 injured left backs and at that point the whole of England runs out of left backs. How the fuck are we turning up to a tournament with an average right back as our left back.

I said Mitchell too. Regular in the Prem, maybe not a superstar but would add more balance to the team and is a square peg in a square hole. He doesn’t like them though.

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

I wouldn't want Southgate as Bolton manager. Don't rate him and never have

Surely no league team would want him as manager, there are far better managers out of work with a track record in club football.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Madison sat at home watching Gallagher and TAA ahead of him, its just odd.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

A big wide open left side with nobody in it and Grealish sat in Ibiza drinking cocktails.

There's nobody who wants to retain the ball.

even if those two were here instead I think we'd be saying the same thing

the inclusion of TAA in midfield and Shaw being injured just fucks the whole balance of the side right up

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I wouldn't want Southgate as Bolton manager. Don't rate him and never have

I’ve never thought of it that way but I’m exactly the same. If Evatt left, and in some bizarre turn of events Southgate was an option, I genuinely wouldn’t want him. I wouldn’t want the England manager in charge of our league one club 😂 

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

even if those two were here instead I think we'd be saying the same thing

the inclusion of TAA in midfield and Shaw being injured just fucks the whole balance of the side right up

Shaw last kicked a ball in January.

Why is it now halfway through a tournament and we still haven't rectified the situation?!

Christ is that best we can manage ? It’s not about anything other than the will to win . Set up is total bollocks  .Players clearly not on board with Southgate who is a reactive manager & got no idea how to unleash our undoubted talents .

It’s another draw snatched from the jaws of victory.

All the top European managers have upped their strategy & dynamism .

Southgate is blancmange

Edited by Take Hunt Off
Pished

All England's attacking players play in the world's best teams and play week in week out with intensity and purpose. They've all had phenomenal seasons. 

It's very concerning we're not seeing them play aggressively. Saw it for a snippet against Serbia, so it could return. 

No reason we shouldn't be playing the same as Spain going forward. 

Edited by London Wanderer

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

All England's attacking players play in the world's best teams and play week in week out with intensity and purpose. They've all had phenomenal seasons. 

It's very concerning we're not seeing play aggressively. Saw it for a snippet against Serbia, so it could return. 

No reason we shouldn't be playing the same as Spain going forward. 

Starting the game with a low block, no pressing, 3 no 10s, 2 CDMs and 4 right footed defenders.

Balance is fucked. Intensity is fucked.

We don't need two holders.

21 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Shaw last kicked a ball in January.

Why is it now halfway through a tournament and we still haven't rectified the situation?!

Taking injured players to tournaments when will we ever learn. Not even like we've took a chance on giving a star player an extra week or so to get fit for the knockouts.

Between Bolton and England I feel like I've had every single bit of positiveness beaten out of my worthless disgusting body and I'm like a forlorne wounded sparrow lay motionless on the floor. 

Fuck off football.

Till Tuesday :)

There's lots of tactical stuff to analyse but the main issue for me is far more basic.  Play at a slow pace and in a risk averse style, how do you expect to create chances? The team just don't look hungry enough and individually and collectively they were bloody awful. That late free kick with Pickford on the halfway line, where they wasted time faffing about then he squared it to Walker, who then twatted it out, summed them up. Shite. 

As always, we'll be home as soon as we face anyone decent.

• Members
1 hour ago, Zico said:

woudl you accept a proper footballing virtue signaller?

I reckon Bobby Robson would be one

Hahahaha........how wrong you would be. I know better through a former pro.

Thought Guéhi and Saka did ok. But every other player was lazy, complacent and arrogant. Kane strolling round the pitch for a second match was an absolute disgrace.

57 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Christ is that best we can manage ? It’s not about anything other than the will to win . Set up is total bollocks  .Players clearly not on board with Southgate who is a reactive manager & got no idea how to unleash our undoubted talents .

It’s another draw snatched from the jaws of victory.

All the top European managers have upped their strategy & dynamism .

Southgate is blancmange

We were lucky to get a draw. The set up does matter but that isn’t changing mid tournament. I agree though that Southgate has failed miserably to get the best out of our attacking talents. Why is TAA in midfield when there are good players in the squad who play there for their clubs? It is a ridiculous decision to experiment during a tournament when there are loads of other alternatives.