Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Roverrrs

29 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Doing an ‘early bird’ discounted season ticket offer.

A massive 2000 sold so far. 😳

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24348859.blackburn-rovers-share-update-2024-25-season-ticket-sales/

Saved themselves late last season. Sold Wharton to Palace for a fortune to prop themselves up. They're treading water now. 

They have a great record of producing young talent and picking up good young players and selling them on for a tidy profit.  Something for us to aspire to. While laughing at their support obvs.

The third phase begins on Monday, July 22 and the club will also be running a new loyalty scheme designed to reward fans for engaging with the club at all levels.

Season tickets can be purchased via the official ticketing website and will earn 120 loyalty points, which will now be used to decide the priority for away tickets.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Gonk said:

The third phase begins on Monday, July 22 and the club will also be running a new loyalty scheme designed to reward fans for engaging with the club at all levels.

Season tickets can be purchased via the official ticketing website and will earn 120 loyalty points, which will now be used to decide the priority for away tickets.

My cousin is Blackburn and when discussing how shite it was to have no scheme but only away STs said 

We have a different approach, which frequently involves umpteen different tranches of availability but at least gets the prioritisation of eligibility right.

Blackburn will only need a loyalty scheme for Burnley away, but good on them for doing the work to make sure it’s done properly. We don’t need one despite a quarter or more of away games being fastest finger first 🙄 

Do have to chuckle at Blackburn and Latics having a combined total of 3,000 season tickets, mind!

11 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

They have a great record of producing young talent and picking up good young players and selling them on for a tidy profit.  Something for us to aspire to. While laughing at their support obvs.

Youth development is something we have been terrible at for a good 25 years. It really is an area we need to sort as we're miles behind Blackburn and even Wigan and the pool of kids will be similar.

Hoping it's something FV can sort over the next few years as it's way better having at least some local lads in the team and it's the only way to realistically make clubs at our level sustainable by having a good crop of kids continually coming through and selling some. 

7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’re the biggest Lancashire club by a fair distance…the rest are trailing in our wake.. always will be the same.

I think the only one that could argue is Burnley. That fanbase is pretty big - disguised by a ground capacity of only 21000. Would still obviously say we are a bit bigger than them.

28 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think the only one that could argue is Burnley. That fanbase is pretty big - disguised by a ground capacity of only 21000. Would still obviously say we are a bit bigger than them.

If we're looking at full/proper Lancashire borders we're 5th behind Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Everton.

11 hours ago, Zico said:

My cousin is Blackburn ...

We have a different approach, which frequently involves umpteen different tranches of availability but at least gets the prioritisation of eligibility right.

Does he actually speak like that ?

14 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Sounds a bit ridiculous taking the piss out of a championship team with a £20M striker. 

14 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Sounds a bit ridiculous taking the piss out of a championship team with a £20M striker. 

Not for long, and then its if and how they reinvest it.

10 hours ago, Stig said:

If we're looking at full/proper Lancashire borders we're 5th behind Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Everton.

Yes I agree but I think the basis of this debate is to discount the big city teams. None of the rest are in the same orbit, let's face it.

• Members
27 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Yes I agree but I think the basis of this debate is to discount the big city teams. None of the rest are in the same orbit, let's face it.

How many points do we get for that? 

It's pointless when you're discounting teams to make a point 

We're in league one and Blackburn and Burnley are in the championship 

Bournemouth with half our support are in the prem 

You sound like a Sunderland fan trying to find reasons why they are bigger than Newcastle 

3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

How many points do we get for that? 

It's pointless when you're discounting teams to make a point 

We're in league one and Blackburn and Burnley are in the championship 

Bournemouth with half our support are in the prem 

You sound like a Sunderland fan trying to find reasons why they are bigger than Newcastle 

I'm not clear what point you are trying to make. The debate is who is the biggest Lancashire club discounting the big city sides who are plainly much bigger than the rest. 

These are the types of debates that can't ever reach a full objective conclusion but which are just good to yarn over, especially when there's no football about. Its the type of stuff that gets chatted over on a football forum.

Get off your high horse and go and have some tea.

• Members
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

I'm not clear what point you are trying to make. The debate is who is the biggest Lancashire club discounting the big city sides who are plainly much bigger than the rest. 

These are the types of debates that can't ever reach a full objective conclusion but which are just good to yarn over, especially when there's no football about. Its the type of stuff that gets chatted over on a football forum.

Get off your high horse and go and have some tea.

I'm sure you know the point I'm making and you've been banging the same drum whether there's football on or not 

I have no high horse and it's like attendance figures, it's pointless as it means nothing 

Its clutching at straws 

• Moderators

We're one place below Blackburn in the all time league table and they've won the PL and league cup in my life time so fair to say they have the edge over us regardless of how many fans they're currently pulling in

We're 7 places above Burnley and won more trophies and they've never made Europe so I'm more than comfortable saying we are bigger than them 

The rest of Lancashire and Greater Manchester don't even come close

• Members
7 minutes ago, Zico said:

We're one place below Blackburn in the all time league table and they've won the PL and league cup in my life time so fair to say they have the edge over us regardless of how many fans they're currently pulling in

We're 7 places above Burnley and won more trophies and they've never made Europe so I'm more than comfortable saying we are bigger than them 

The rest of Lancashire and Greater Manchester don't even come close

Burnley were in Europe in 2018