Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Which charity ????

You should be aware by now that WanderersWays will be hosting a charity event when the football season comes to a close.

What I need are your thoughts and suggestions on which charity should benefit from the money raised. Indeed, you may suggest that this be split so more than one charity will receive much needed funds.

So in a nutshell, which charity?

You should be aware by now that WanderersWays will be hosting a charity event when the football season comes to a close.

What I need are your thoughts and suggestions on which charity should benefit from the money raised. Indeed, you may suggest that this be split so more than one charity will receive much needed funds.

So in a nutshell, which charity?

My Father died of cancer last year, in the last few days of his life Bolton Hospice really took care of him and made him as comfortable as possible. My Mother still goes there for bereavement councelling - they do a fantastic job, so I would suggest them

• Moderators
Happy, I could list a host of worthy causes, many of which we use.

Top of the list for me, I think would be Vision Aid [-o<

not particular myself, but i'd like to add my weight (no cheap shots please)to the cause chosen by mr hunt

• Site Supporter

Rather than go into a charity event with a pre-concieved plan of where to spend the proceeds, I suggest leaving it until a little bit closer to the event. God forbid anything happened to one of our own during the period between now and the end of the season, but if anything were to happen I would like to see a little flexibility.

In a nutshell, don't lets all go to a charity night wishing we were making money for XYZ instead.

I accept that at some stage a beneficiary needs to be chosen, but the later it is left, the more scope there will be should anything happen.

These are only my views. I have no wish to step an anybody's toes or anything.

you're right micky, however if we want to get tickets/posters and send begging letters to companies etc a chosen charity adds weight to our claims that it is a charity event, especially if we enclose information about the chosen charity eg- leaflets about bolton hospice , etc.

in order for this to be a success we have to start this sort of thing asap, however we should agree that a certain percentage of the money raised will be reserved right up until the event for ' emergency money', the rest of it will have to be allocated to show that we are serious about this, i will be writing to the charities( when we have decided who they are), i will explain what we intend to do, get their registered charity numbers etc, info about their work from them etc. The more proffessional this is the more we can raise .

when the event is over, the 'emergency pot' can be given a home.

me, happy, brixton,ian and smiley to meet up next week, draw battle plan etc.

headache already!!!!

i also wish to treat northamptons lass out of the money raised, this was my original thought behind the idea of turning an end of season bash into a fundraiser. with 2 events we can afford to benefit several charities plus those things that personally touch our friends and family etc.

got several companies lined up already with pledges of gift vouchers to raffle off etc.

if everyone can get 1 donation off a company or one gift we can raffle off it will be worth it.

• 1 month later...