Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burnden Boozers

Sweep

Which pub did you frequent before matches at Burnden?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just out of interest, which pub did you usually frequent before our matches at Burnden - I was generally a Cattle Market bod meself.

Also, does anybody know if The Cattle Market does any trade these days, have not been there for years - I know that King Bill & Wagon 'n' Horses have now closed :(

• Site Supporter
just out of interest, which pub did you usually frequent before our matches at Burnden - I was generally a Cattle Market bod meself.

Also, does anybody know if The Cattle Market does any trade these days, have not been there for years - I know that King Bill & Wagon 'n' Horses have now closed :(

Churchill's? Don't you mean Rose Hill?

Cattle Market is still trading

:-$

the trotters was a favourite always packed with a motley crew for the big games, waiting for the other teams firm to saunter round the corner, oh happy days.

wasn't it also called "Duck and Firkin" for a while?

the trotters was a favourite always packed with a motley crew for the big games, waiting for the other teams firm to saunter round the corner, oh happy days.

Yes it was, but didn't do much on match days as the Trotters.

Pub used to empty when the away fans came out of the train station 8-[

Yes it was, but didn't do much on match days as the Trotters.

Pub used to empty when the away fans came out of the train station 8-[

Didn't they have strippers in there at one time.

Cattle Market for me and still start off from there these days

Also, the General Haverlock..... it used to fill up at 3.15 and empty at 4.30... could never work that one out :D

And at one stage Captain Zero used to work on the door of the Cattle Market but it started attracting ex-Star and Garter cliental (it's his Freddie Murcury Tache I think) so he got sacked

Guest captain zero
NIGHTINGALE FOR ME.........ISNT THAT SOME FENIAN BOOZER NOW!?!?!? :-k

The Irish Centre it's called now but same boozer just a different name, always been fenian.... It's run by a local gangster named Big Bad Billy Smyth :D

dont forget his sidekick & driver Uncle Fester

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.