Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

So many empty seats ...

The reasoning behind the unsold seats is still the same, regardless of who didn't sell out.

Football is becoming way too expensive for many. ??30+ for a ticket to a game that is on Sky, or ??30 in a pub getting leathered watching the same game.

5 live did a phone in after the game where the topic of the day was about the attendances or lack of it, they wanted to know why were attendances down when 5 years ago all prem games were a sell out. The answers are simple, players being paid too much, ticket prices too high. nuff said.

Beer swiller

Guest The Special One
5 live did a phone in after the game where the topic of the day was about the attendances or lack of it, they wanted to know why were attendances down when 5 years ago all prem games were a sell out. The answers are simple, players being paid too much, ticket prices too high. nuff said.

Beer swiller

In one mate

Beer swiller

In one mate

Exactly

[-X [-X

I would always find the money from somewhere to go to away games, but I cannot see myself going to one single away match this season. It pisses me off not doing them games because away days are a good crack.

Boro played Arsenal yesterday and look at the empty seats there. Will be very surprised if we sell our tickets for Wigan, how sad is that?

• Moderators

Beer swiller

I don't care what they get paid, they only play for a few years and many ex-player aren't THAT wealthy.

Games like today show what poor value for money football is, ??40+ to watch that or sit at home and watch on TV for free :-k

Only Liverpool, Manu and City left of the teams that can fill the away end, no one has done yet.

The bubble has finally burst. Apart from Chelsea, Arsenal and United all teams are now struggling to fill the grounds.

The prices have been gradually rising and people are now voting with their feet.

Value for money, pound for pound, it is far cheaper to go to the boozer, watch the game on a dodgy channel and get bladdered.

It will get gradually worse - particularly for the sky games.

Watch out for the Portsmouth at home attandance !!!

Prices are a joke, ??39 for us at yours!

Now lets face it, Bolton V Everton is no massive game, neither top side's. Paying the price for haveing a good previous season ???

DOnt give a fcuk, no way can Bolton Wanderers justify charging that, who do they think you are !?!?!?

No way will we charge ??39....we should do though!

they can justify it quite easily, 26000 turned up to watch it, and that financially is better than 28000 paying ??25...

It was ??35 I believe. And the crowd was 25600.

Of the 25600, 20000 are season ticket holders.

So, 5600 at ??35 a throw (assuming no kids) = ??196,000.

A 28,000 crowd at ??25 would have generated 8,000 x ??25 = ??200,000.

So Homer, that doesn't justify it at all. Add in to this the money spent on merchandising, car parking, food and drink etc by the extra 2,400 you'd attract and the club would be so much better off.

• Site Supporter
they can justify it quite easily, 26000 turned up to watch it, and that financially is better than 28000 paying ??25...

It was ??35 I believe. And the crowd was 25600.

Of the 25600, 20000 are season ticket holders.

So, 5600 at ??35 a throw (assuming no kids) = ??196,000.

A 28,000 crowd at ??25 would have generated 8,000 x ??25 = ??200,000.

So Homer, that doesn't justify it at all. Add in to this the money spent on merchandising, car parking, food and drink etc by the extra 2,400 you'd attract and the club would be so much better off.

bastard :D

I see the point you were trying to make Homer, it's just that you didn't factor in the season ticket holders. As an addition to the equation, some of the 5,600 non season ticket holders, were club members who only pay ??25 a game anyway, so the revenue would have been even lower than ??196,000.

PS How many did Everton bring, anyone?

Something must change, while it may seem ok to charge fans the same as your own fans are charged, it is unfair too take it out on the supporters, and doing that is hardly going to change the whole ticketing prices!

500 tickets left, so about 2500!

We did get the bottom too!

The reason why we didnt sell out was the fact that we had 3 away games in a week, You Vilarreal and Fulham!

most of top tier iirc

about 2,000 and a few?

So, Bolton only attracted 3,600 non-season ticket holders for a game against one of England's "champions league" representatives? Tell me, that's not down to a combination of high prices and Sky TV.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.