Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Should the death penalty be brought back?

Should the death penalty be brought back?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
Sorry i cant agree with this.

For instance a woman has just been released years later, after she was found not guilty of killing her kids. Imagine if she had the death penalty!

There are cases where there is enough evidence to prove 100% categorically that someone did it.

with modern technology, forensic science, dna etc. there should be no future miscarriages of justice.

for pure evil scum like huntley, the only suitable punishment is death.

why should decent taxpaying folk (this unfortuantley includes parents / relatives of the victim) pay to keep twats like this locked up for the remainded of his days. it's not right.

on the subject of the death penalty - going back a few months - the peadophile that photographed himself rapeing a 13 month old baby - he is another shining example of why the death penalty should be brough back.

• Moderators

with the lack of confidence in the boys in blue that is regularly displayed on this board, does anybody really want the death penalty?

what's 100%

is that when the ccoppers have fitted somebody up properly

Voted no.

In America the primary cause of death amongst death row inmates is natural causes. People say it would be cheaper to fry them than lock them up for life but the appeals process means this is a myth.

I do agree that Huntley, Hindley, Shipman etc have sacrificed their right to life by committing their crimes, but is another death in response to the murders in the first place the right thing to do? The death penalty can have the effect of creating another chapter in the cycle of violence.

And plus, death's too good for them, it offers a release from a lifetime in a cell. Where the laws ought to be changed is that a life sentance is just that. Murderers like the ones I've named should never ever be released.

• Site Supporter
I recommend you all watch the film, 'The life of David Gale'

Why? To see an american bullshit dramatisation!

Try watching hollywood films such as 'JFK' or 'Pearl Harbour' then read up on the ACTUAL facts!

• Moderators
No way, im definately against it.

The whole goverment/country is a joke, there is no doubt tehy would cock up, like they do with everything.

I recommend you all watch the film, 'The life of David Gale'

Garreth, you are of course entitled to your opinion, and who am I to tell you you are wrong?

But when you go to join the Police and they ask you that question, you'd better have a more compelling answer than that.

Can't trust the system.

I mean - the yanks have loads of people on Death Row (I've no idea how many - anyone?). And yet they let OJ Simpson off................... :-k

In a case of this size (the media & public interest it gathers), then it's quite clear that Mr Huntley was a sick & twisted bastard. But in a lesser known trial, say some local loner was accused of killing some kid, and it never got the coverage - they could have always stitcjed up the wrong bloke?

Thae again - I have no kids, so I can't imagine the anger that a parent feels about something like the Soham murder trial.

PB

Not pissing about - for once

Guest My Arse

i voted no for one you cannot trust the system at the moment, but then sometimes if its 100% clear cut then the death penalty is too good for some nutters out there. I would lock them a way in a cell 24/7 with a hole to shit in, have no contact with the outside world and basic rastions, after a short while the bastards would beg to die and at this point i would let the poor victims family take a good look a the bastard and decide death or to prolong the torture.....

Guest Siempre Blanco

Much as like to see.... well I was going to say beast or animal, but , you can't even catergorise filth like this..to be put through the same pain and torture that those poor girls (r.i.p) and their Parents/Families have been through, I'd still have to say no to the Death Penalty.

Don't get me wrong, In cases like this, 'It' deserves a slow and prolonged death, but, morally I can't support a Death Penalty.

The system can't be trusted unfortunately even when it's as clear cut as this case.

But fcuk the Geneva convention etc. Life should mean life, give these monsters that sentence - no chance of parole, minimum amount of food to keep them alive, bare cell with no toilet facilites, no contact with any human beings (even screws), and perhaps plentiful supllies of rope and/or razors.

I cannot even agree with myself on this topic. Death is too good for some of these scumbags. Rotting in a cell for 40 years is a slow death. I think someone like Huntley should be denied even basic human rights. He should have pictures of those 2 girls burnt rotten bodies put on the wall of his cell for him to stare at every day. Once a year the parents of Jessica and Holly should be allowed into the cell with baseball bats to inflict pain beyond belief - but not enough to kill him.

If a prison warder ever sees him smiling or laughing - then he should have his toes crushed by sledgehammers (Payback with Mel Gibson - get the picture).

You do not even need people on government payrolls to fulfil these rolls in life. Enough people will volunteer a day out of their busy schedules to participate.

Last night on Talksport Adrian Durham had a phone-in about all of this and the death penalty. Quality - "Personally I do not agree with the death penalty - there will be enough Mr. Bigs in the same prison as Huntley to provide justice" - he is quite right.

• Moderators
- there will be enough Mr. Bigs in the same prison as Huntley to provide justice" - he is quite right.

and what makes the 'mr bigs' such good guys all of a sudden

perhaps they should be gettin' the baseball bat treatment too

- there will be enough Mr. Bigs in the same prison as Huntley to provide justice" - he is quite right.

and what makes the 'mr bigs' such good guys all of a sudden

perhaps they should be gettin' the baseball bat treatment too

exactly - they are there for a reason.

How about - he gets kept in prison, having been injected with full blown aids, or the slowest most painful debilitating disease there is - some form of cancer etc. with no chance of treatment.

that would make the pussy suffer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.