Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Should the death penalty be brought back?

Should the death penalty be brought back?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

and what makes the 'mr bigs' such good guys all of a sudden

perhaps they should be gettin' the baseball bat treatment too

I never indicated they were good guys.... if some murderer wants to bum Huntly to death, I would have no problem with that.

Its a tiered system in prisons - Huntley is on the bottom tier - the shit of the shit... and then some. Scum.

My vote is yes the death penalty should be brought back, I don't like the idea of thousands and thousands of pounds of tax payers money keeping these vermin fed and looked after for what could be 60 years+

The downside is that juries might shit themselves when it comes to saying guilty of murder, one stubborn bastard on the jury said not guilty for Huntley. It may have been more of them if there was a death sentance waiting. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit!

My vote is yes the death penalty should be brought back, I don't like the idea of thousands and thousands of pounds of tax payers money keeping these vermin fed and looked after for what could be 60 years+

Doesn't work like that. Costs more to kill em. Said it before, biggest cause of death amongst American death row inmates is natural causes owing to appeals processes taking 40 odd years. Court proceedings lasting that long, legal aid etc costs more than the 25 thousand quid a year it costs to keep a man inside.

Hanratty, the 10 Rillington Place thing, one wrongful execution means the whole idea falls flat on its face. Utterly unworkable.

Use murderers like Huntley the way Doctor Mengele used Jews. At least we might get some benefit from them cos they're good for fcuk all else.

• Moderators

just lock them up for ever, no mixing with anyone, just them, a room and a few meals a day.no tv, no radio, no other shit you get these days.

lock them up and let them live the next 50yrs thinkin' about what they have done. anyone who has been locked up will know how long 1 day feels like, let them have years of it.

killing them is the easy option

huntley = totally guilty (do it 2 him)

as the system is i hope he gets the twatin' of his life, lives, then gets another one and another one...this carries on year after year.

r.i.p

holly-jessica.jpg

sleep well

horwich

[-o<

with modern technology, forensic science, dna etc. there should be no future miscarriages of justice.

Mike you are living in a dream world if you think this will ever happen. DNA evidence will never ever be 100% accurate in all cases.

I’ve been down this road before on this board and I agree that monsters like Ian Huntley, Brady & Hindley, Roy Whiting ect… should die for their crimes but that doesn’t mean it’s right. The DNA issue is a different matter altogether. I can give you cases were DNA evidence has convicted innocent people for similar crimes and that is Unacceptable. If the ‘hang ‘em high’ brigade had their way then innocent people would be sacrificed by the state just so that monsters like Huntley can get their just deserts, and that is something that a civilised country should be ashamed of. Keep that sort of ‘kangaroo justice’ for backward countries like Iran, Nigeria, asianstan, Saudi Arabia and the USA.

Murder + DNA = 100% guilt so kill them? BULLSHIT!

I vote NO!!

Guest spudwatter

Think now I've calmed down a bit, and reflected a bit I'd have to vote no.

However EG has a point- why not let the guilty party opt for the death penalty- with todays technology they could do it themselves

Just a thought like :-k

Think now I've calmed down a bit, and reflected a bit I'd have to vote no.

However EG has a point- why not let the guilty party opt for the death penalty- with todays technology they could do it themselves

Just a thought like :-k

i think if they want to die we should de everything possible to keep them alive.

i think you should put them in a big tin and light a fire underneath it so they gradually melt to death. for a small fee people could be to piss on them.

• Moderators
has anyone seen today's Sun?

the picture of the bloke who killed Sarah Payne?

you could've hung him just for looking like a pead

scary man

you can't hang a bloke for how they look

undies would've copped for it long ago

After nearly 40 years inside, Ian Brady wants to die.

So is it better to let him die (like he wants) or to keep him alive?

It sounds like I'm in the minority but I say let him die.

In some States in America it is possible for a convicted paedophile to choose to be castrated as a barter for a lesser sentance.

He can't rape kids with no dick can he. This is a great idea.The sickos that choose this are the ones that admit they are sick and say they can't help their actions.

I dont know whether this makes my opinion more reasoned, or less personal, but I am currently studying human rights law at university. As much as i want there to be a way of preventing such people ever going back into society, killing them is not the answer.

As underpants said, there can never be 100% proof. i say let them suffer in prison until they can prove they did not perform the crime. if they cant, keep them locked up until they die. i dont care about the expense of the detention - its worth the money to prevent the bast@rds being able to irreperably damage another victim.

has anyone seen today's Sun?

the picture of the bloke who killed Sarah Payne?

you could've hung him just for looking like a pead

scary man

you can't hang a bloke for how they look

undies would've copped for it long ago

does he have a beard?

beards make me nervous.

told our young un, if a man (or wench) comes up to you and has a beard shout 'WEIRDO WEIRDO WEIRDO' as loud as you can.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.