Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nolan new club captain

Guest Steeevo

Big Sam has said JJ still big part of the team but is a bit strange, i'd say he's prob leaving to. Although he would be missing most of January cos of African Nations Cup so hopefully its more to do with that

Does Sam read the messageboards? This has been shouted for ages.........and mostly because it was bleedin the obvious choice. I think Sam never did it because he didn't want to piss Jay Jay off. I now reckon Jay Jays off, if not at xmas definetly at end of the season when his contract runs out. Jay Jay's Bank manager must be dancing.....

• Site Supporter

Just to get you all back down to earth. I'm fairly sure, in the latter years of Burnden/early years at t'Reebok, there were TWO captains. One was TEAM captain, one was CLUB captain.

Fairly sure it was Gudni & McGinlay but could be wrong.

Just to get you all back down to earth. I'm fairly sure, in the latter years of Burnden/early years at t'Reebok, there were TWO captains. One was TEAM captain, one was CLUB captain.

Fairly sure it was Gudni & McGinlay but could be wrong.

Yes I remember them both collecting the Div 1 trophy together.

• Site Supporter

just imagine, if we a had a proper captain in the last 2 years we could of won the world cup and probably the london marathon as well as havin the the best 2 seasons in the clubs recent history....

](*,)

Kevin Nolan is a great choice for captain although Gary Speed has played like a captain for us since he arrived, I see why sam has chosen Kev thinking to the future is the best way.JJ being captain was a bad decision instead of unlocking defences with his brilliance!! he was playing deep trying to be a captain. So maybe we can see JJ back to his best!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.