Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

how much more would you pay at the reebok

Horwich

how much more would you pay at the reebok  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep, but its a start. That leaves ??4.5m to start recovering.

Unlike most seasons, we have yet to sell one of our stars. So I guess that something unfortunate is on the horizon. Like it or not, someone will go in January..... chances are its going to be Jussi..... reason for Donovan Ricketts coming to the club.

sadly and i think the club know this i like others on here will pay whatever they get asked.

carlos on your point, an extra 3000 seats at ??30 per seat for 19 games is ??1.7m per year.

• Moderators
sadly and i think the club know this i like others on here will pay whatever they get asked.

carlos on your point, an extra 3000 seats at ??30 per seat for 19 games is ??1.7m per year.

Myself no, I have a limit for what I will pay for Premier League football and also Nationwide football, it is in Bolton Wanderers Plc or whatever they are now's interests to stay within that price range.

The problem with your stats Ian are of course, it will cost something to put the seats in, money we will have to borrow and pay more interest on, they won't be sold for ??30 due to kids, OAP's and people mascarading as students and lastly the extra seats won't be full 19 games a season.

But the Reebok isn't quite big enough, we've always known that. Maybe the extra capacity would have cut into Gordon Hargreaves' excessive profit margin at the time?

the size of the ground is n't the problem.

we rarely fill it.

the saturday before xmas we play arsenal at home, the club shop is packed there are people queuing up to pay.

there is also a special offer on that if you spend ??40 you get a free football - match day offer. Now someone explain to me why on the busiest day of the year in the shop they are giving freeebies away. if the offer applied everyday to spread the business or even on non match days i could understand but it is like a pub having happy hour in the hour before midnight on new years eve.

i know the free footballs do not make that much difference in terms of the overall debt but if we are running a serious proffessional business why are they giving something away for nothing.

spending a bit of time clamping on people using cheap tickets would also have some benefit but i daresay some people might think that is a bit harsh.

the club seems to lack any strategy to actually manage or repay the debt so we get nowhere, anyone who has ever been in debt will know that you need to actually plan who you are going to repay the money nit just hope some rich blokes turns up to help out (or you get made redundant :D)

i think i have discovered my future vocation in life.

• Moderators
golden gamble - its the way forward.

everyone buy a ticket each match.

thats half a million for starters.

we're on our way there now.

why's that gone tits up for a starters?

it was always ??2000 a match.

why not offer a few more prizes?

Yep, but its a start. That leaves ??4.5m to start recovering.

Unlike most seasons, we have yet to sell one of our stars. So I guess that something unfortunate is on the horizon. Like it or not, someone will go in January..... chances are its going to be Jussi..... reason for Donovan Ricketts coming to the club.

I've heard a rumour its going to be Campotheyareontome.gif

keeping the bars open in the second half would also help the kitty.

it can be no coincidence that the losses increased when they started shutting them 10 minutes into the second half.

• Moderators
keeping the bars open in the second half would also help the kitty.

it can be no coincidence that the losses increased when they started shutting them 10 minutes into the second half.

why do they close them?

keep them open another 1hr would cost about 15.00 tops

they would make that back if they sold about 7 beers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.