Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stephen MacAnespie

Guest Fife Superwhite

Guest Fife Superwhite

Okay, as a Raith/Bolton fan I have mixed emotions about the blonde one.

As a Raith fan he is a legend

As a Wanderers fan he was a disaster - what we would get for ??900,000 these days

but he did pay for the South Stand at Stark's Park

so what are your opinions on old Stevie Mac?

I'm editor of the Raith fanzine and would be interested to know what you guys who saw him play in the premiership thought of him, compared to us Raith fans who revered him for his performances in the Scotttish Premier and Europe

incidentally, he is now a coach for some major league soccer team in America.

not sure which team, but on his profile it states that he "took home" the UEFA cup whilst at Raith.

must have stolen it from Marseille's trophy cabinet then :^o

• Moderators

For me, he was very average. Not a bad player, just not quite good enough.

No idea who thought he was worth ??900K, but you can't blame Steve McAnespie for that. We'd done very well raiding the Scottish leagues, and got some decent players, especially Andy Walker. McAnespie was probably the opposite of that, a bad signing, him and Chic Charnley :D

Guest The Special One

I remember seeing him in the old ikon, I sent some bird I was with to go over and tell him he couldnt play football and had no talent. He was most upset and his goon bodyguard types came rushing over and a fierce brawl occured.

I remember seeing him in the old ikon, I sent some bird I was with to go over and tell him he couldnt play football and had no talent. He was most upset and his goon bodyguard types came rushing over and a fierce brawl occured.

Spooky that, because I also told him in Ikon he was stealing a f??cking living out of my club. A brawl between me, my mates and his goons swiftly followed.

A friend of mine was pretty close to a drinking buddy of Gerry Taggart. We were informed of a legendary night at the footballers player of the year awards in 1997 with Supa, Ged, Thommo and said macca at a table.

It was alleged that macca spent most of the night in the gents following white lines, a habit that resulted in a early exit from bwfc.

thommo fell out with the others and paid a black cab dirver to take him home to bolton. twas said that ??450 was the fare.

Guest Uncle_Northy
A friend of mine was pretty close to a drinking buddy of Gerry Taggart. We were informed of a legendary night at the footballers player of the year awards in 1997 with Supa, Ged, Thommo and said macca at a table.

It was alleged that macca spent most of the night in the gents following white lines, a habit that resulted in a early exit from bwfc.

thommo fell out with the others and paid a black cab dirver to take him home to bolton. twas said that ??450 was the fare.

off the topic.

Alan thompson was a top bloke =D> he was in kiss nightclub one sunday neet and i was in the toilets having a piss ..i was still sporting a black eye received the week before at the swindon v bolton first leg coca cola tie. he came in the toilets and started to have a piss next to me, he asked how i got the black eye , so i told him..

his reply was '' i hope you kicked the fcuk out of them' =D> he then farted ,zipped his fly up and walked out of the bogs =D>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.