Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carrick - my arse!!!

Snow_white

No axe to grind regarding Carrick. He plays in a holiding roll for the spuds

and is a better option than playing King there. As we did against the Argies.

Nolan should be in ahead of Jenas. As playing in the same position he's

a better player. Richardson, just not good enough wherever you play

Also he's the best cover for Lampard & Gerrard should either of those get

crocked. Just look at goals scored this season in the prem by English

Midfielders. Lampard, Gerrard then Nolan

i hope england do well in germany, but i really dislike the current management team and most of the current squad with a passion, the team is a click, if you dont play for the big clubs you do not get a sniff, highlighted by the fact that heskey was a regular at anfield cannot get near the team now he is at brum, and the same goes for crouch, Nolan would be a breath of fresh air and is the nearest thing to Frank lampard we have available if Lampard gets injured.

I said this earlier in the week & got a bit of a slating for it. Someone even suggested Carrick was better than Nolan & that I had rose tinted spectacles. Being a Wanderers fan...I'd say more of a muddy grey!

I said this earlier in the week & got a bit of a slating for it. Someone even suggested Carrick was better than Nolan & that I had rose tinted spectacles. Being a Wanderers fan...I'd say more of a muddy grey!

Carrick is better than Nolan in a holding role which we are currently lacking in the squad.

There are just two many ahead of Kev in the position/role/style he plays.

nolan may have a good chance yet

as gerrard is like a very high profile warhurst

injured alot (as is owen)

so as long as he gets injured before rather than during the tournament and we dont take him and nolan is next in line, then he may have a chance

Ok, I might concede to his holding abilities, but as a complete player & who's going to end up a better player my money's still on Nolan Mr. Boldtype!

In my opinion Carrick's all round game is better that Kevs. I think Kev is great at what he does but his all round game lets him down at times.

As I say its my opinion only, and not a given.

Time will tell - and even then it may not be conslusive

• Moderators
Ok, I might concede to his holding abilities, but as a complete player & who's going to end up a better player my money's still on Nolan Mr. Boldtype!

In my opinion Carrick's all round game is better that Kevs. I think Kev is great at what he does but his all round game lets him down at times.

As I say its my opinion only, and not a given.

Time will tell - and even then it may not be conslusive

all round ian marshall was better than gary lineker, seeing as he could play front or back

nolan is an attacking midfielder

thats what he needs to be good at, and thats what he pisses all over carrick doing

a comparison with carrick is pointless

maybe it should be carrick or king, freeing up a space for nolan

Guest Only BWFC For Me

Think its a good call i think. Can't believe that wright phillips is in there though i mean after all he isn't playing at chelsea. And when he does he is pap

• Site Supporter
So now you've all had the chance to watch Carrick, what did you think?

Also the SWP knockers - how did you think he did? Did England improve when Beckham went off?

swp is a great player imo, gets a raw deal a chelski which aint helpin him develop as a player...

carrick is the best play-making, 'sitting' midfielder we have in this country... but i dont think you should play with that kind of player unless you play with 3 in the middle...

• Moderators
i hope england do well in germany, but i really dislike the current management team and most of the current squad with a passion, the team is a click, if you dont play for the big clubs you do not get a sniff, highlighted by the fact that heskey was a regular at anfield cannot get near the team now he is at brum, and the same goes for crouch, Nolan would be a breath of fresh air and is the nearest thing to Frank lampard we have available if Lampard gets injured.

ahem, I think the word your looking for is clich??

So now you've all had the chance to watch Carrick, what did you think?

Also the SWP knockers - how did you think he did? Did England improve when Beckham went off?

swp is a great player imo, gets a raw deal a chelski which aint helpin him develop as a player...

Agreed

carrick is the best play-making, 'sitting' midfielder we have in this country...

Agreed

but i dont think you should play with that kind of player unless you play with 3 in the middle...

I think he can do a job against the top teams that have playmakers who drop in the hole between the back four and the midfield (Brazil/Argentina for example)

• Site Supporter
Bridge has played what, 5 games for Fulham? How does that warrant a call up? I'll be going to feckin' germany at this rate.

coz he's the only other decent england leftback around?

would you rather have jloydd samuel there?

My tits will be going at this rate.

For me to comment, I'd need to see them first.

Either on here, via PM or in the flesh: I'm not fussy, but sooner rather than later would be best.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.