Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

intertoto cup

Guest vjbwfc

Guest vjbwfc

according to big sam he his considering entering the intertoto cup if we dont qualify through our league position , i thought it was too late to enter it :-k

I thought applications had to be in a month or so ago. I have just read an article about it on the BEN online site and it reads like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whites plan Intertoto back-up

Last posted: Friday 17 March 2006 16:25

SAM Allardyce has covered all the bases in an effort to ensure Wanderers qualify for Europe again next season.

The Reebok boss has earmarked the newly-structured Intertoto Cup as a fall-back if the Whites fail to qualify for the UEFA Cup through the Premiership.

It would mean the Whites playing their first European game on July 15 and, although Allardyce considers it the worst-case scenario, it is an alternative route into the UEFA Cup, although a top six finish in the Premiership is still the target.

He said: "I sincerely hope the lads don't let themselves down and make sure they achieve what they deserve, which is qualifying for Europe through the Champions League or UEFA Cup."

But, with a testing schedule ahead, which starts with tomorrow's visit of Sunderland and includes games against resurgent Middlesbrough, champions Chelsea, and local rivals Manchester United and Liverpool, the Wanderers boss knows his side can ill-afford to dwell on the recent cup disappointment against Marseille and West Ham.

"We can't spend the rest of the season with hangovers," Allardyce said following the FA Cup defeat at Upton Park.

"The fact lies that if we can remain in a European spot in the Premiership and secure it, we can then look at fourth spot and try to clinch that.

"Anything else would be a massive disappointment.

"We don't want to lose focus in our pursuit of European football, because that it the minimum I expect."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now from what I can see, nowhere in that lot does Sam Allardyce mention entering the Intertoto Cup - methinks it's just another case of the Bolton Evening News hearing one thing and then reporting another

Guest vjbwfc
according to big sam he his considering entering the intertoto cup if we dont qualify through our league position , i thought it was too late to enter it  :-k

Doesn't this belong in the UEFA section

Sometime like yesterday?

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/viewtop...pic.php?t=24171

well obviously i didnt see it , or i would of put it there , or if i knew it was there i wouldnt of posted it at all :D

• 2 weeks later...
Big Sam's says they have applied for it, in case we don't get 6th spot. Put your holiday plans on hold in July/August. :-SS'

I think we have to finish in the place below the last UEFA Cup qualifier under the new rules; do we? :-k

So that currently means finishing 7th.

So is it:

4th - we get into the Champions League 2nd qualifying round

5th or 6th - UEFA Cup first round

7th - Intertoto sherpa van autoglass shield

• Moderators
Big Sam's says they have applied for it, in case we don't get 6th spot. Put your holiday plans on hold in July/August. :-SS'

This will sort out the men from the boys, Terek Grozny here I come.

First round was June 18th last year! Won't be that early now there are only 3 rounds instead of five. July 16th was the date the third round started last time, so presumably it'll be close to this. 11 teams go into the UEFA 2nd qualifying round. But its not clear how they work this as they imply one place will be given per nation. If that was the case then they would have to have byes for the better teams ie the weakest 36 play two rounds which leaves 9 who are then joined by the remaining 13 for the last round.

If its more than one then obviously they must have 88 enter, so two from most nations or maybe more. In that case we'd need to play 8 games to get to the same UEFA stage we started at last time.

I think #-o :-k

This will sort out the men from the boys, Terek Grozny here I come.

As do I! :D/

out of interest when is first round of t'intertoto ?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/c...lendar2006.html

UEFA European Football Calendar 2006/2007

Data on this page are not yet officially confirmed by UEFA. They are from a sort of UEFA Diary that is sent to the national associations.

April 10, 2006 draw for Intertoto Cup

June 17/18, 2006 1st round Intertoto Cup, 1st leg

June 23 draw for 1st qualifying round of the UEFA Cup

June 24/25, 2006 1st round Intertoto Cup, 2nd leg

July 1/2, 2006 2nd round Intertoto Cup, 1st leg

July 8/9, 2006 2nd round Intertoto Cup, 2nd leg

July 13, 2006 1st qualifying round UEFA Cup, 1st leg

July 15/16, 2006 3rd round Intertoto Cup, 1st leg

July 22, 2006 3rd round Intertoto Cup, 2nd leg

July 27, 2006 1st qualifying round UEFA Cup, 2nd leg

July 28, 2006 draw for 2nd qualifying round of the UEFA Cup

August 10, 2006 2nd qualifying round UEFA Cup, 1st leg

August 24, 2006 2nd qualifying round UEFA Cup, 2nd leg

August 25, 2006 draw for 1st round UEFA Cup

September 14, 2006 1st round UEFA Cup, 1st leg

September 28, 2006 1st round UEFA Cup, 2nd leg

I'm not sure which round of the UEFA Cup the Intertoto qualifiers go to.

Data on this page are not yet officially confirmed by UEFA. They are from a sort of UEFA Diary that is sent to the national associations.

2nd qualifying

I find it amusing that Big Sam is committing us to a Intertoto game when the World Cup has only just got going. Might as well scrap the summer break and train straght through!

Surely this is scare tactics so the lads buck their ideas up and push on for the 4th, 5th or 6th spots in the Prem!

First round was June 18th last year! Won't be that early now there are only 3 rounds instead of five. July 16th was the date the third round started last time, so presumably it'll be close to this. 11 teams go into the UEFA 2nd qualifying round. But its not clear how they work this as they imply one place will be given per nation. If that was the case then they would have to have byes for the better teams ie the weakest 36 play two rounds which leaves 9 who are then joined by the remaining 13 for the last round.

If its more than one then obviously they must have 88 enter, so two from most nations or maybe more. In that case we'd need to play 8 games to get to the same UEFA stage we started at last time.

I think #-o :-k

z??zzytours are running trips to all 8 matches. We are a non-profit making organisation and have a 100% satisfaction guarantee

Carlos Tours will also be travelling to Cyprus, Iceland, Macedonia and Wales.

Intertoto campaign = no season ticket next year.

Traf will be with Carlos!

The quickest and cheapest bookings!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.