Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Did you lot get any chew abroad?

Guest boro_lad

Guest boro_lad

As a boro fan in our 2nd season in Europe i feel that we are being targetted all the time when we are playing away in the UEFA. We have had trouble in Ostrava, Villa Real, Zurich, Rome, and Basel and most of it hasnt been our fault!

I think the English are being caught up with the damage we have done to other countries in previous years.

In Rome we were attacked for no reason at 12 o'clock at night the day before the game by "ultra's" with knives, axes, chains, and hammers. They left 3 stabbed and 13 injured and the police did foooook all to help!

Just wondering if you had any of that in Europe this year?

• Moderators

Not really, Plovdiv's Lauta Hools were kicking off with old men and there was an incident with Rangers in Porto before Guimaraes. I think you lot have to face it that your fans are too goby for your own good.

Guest boro_lad
Not really, Plovdiv's Lauta Hools were kicking off with old men and there was an incident with Rangers in Porto before Guimaraes. I think you lot have to face it that your fans are too goby for your own good.

I think there was only one time the trouble was our fault and that was when a Basel fan threw coffe over the segregation barrier in Basel only for 10 or so Boro fans to jump over the barrier and throw a few punches, all the other times we have been provoked!

As a boro fan in our 2nd season in Europe i feel that we are being targetted all the time when we are playing away in the UEFA. We have had trouble in Ostrava, Villa Real, Zurich, Rome, and Basel and most of it hasnt been our fault!

I think the English are being caught up with the damage we have done to other countries in previous years.

In Rome we were attacked for no reason at 12 o'clock at night the day before the game by "ultra's" with knives, axes, chains, and hammers. They left 3 stabbed and 13 injured and the police did foooook all to help!

Just wondering if you had any of that in Europe this year?

had a good 1 in marseille but i think you went to worse places,Zurich, Rome and basel have all had bother with the english in recent years

Guest boro_lad

Our fans are great abroad, yes we like a drink and a sing song in the squares, yes we like to put washing up liquid in the fountains (so do you by the looks of it) but we are only there to enjoy ourselves.

We are provoked and antagonsied on nearly every trip we go to! The thing the media dont realise is they start it and when we react we get all the bad press!

Our fans are great abroad, yes we like a drink and a sing song in the squares, yes we like to put washing up liquid in the fountains (so do you by the looks of it) but we are only there to enjoy ourselves.

We are provoked and antagonsied on nearly every trip we go to! The thing the media dont realise is they start it and when we react we get all the bad press!

It's because everyone hates you Geordies.

Guest boro_lad
I think some went to Marseille by choo-choo; perhaps that's what the smoggie half-wit means  :-k  :-k

Thing is though, this smoggie half wit is off to Romania tomorrow to watch his team who ARE successful in Europe!!!

EIO EIO EIO EIO!

I think some went to Marseille by choo-choo; perhaps that's what the smoggie half-wit means  :-k  :-k

Thing is though, this smoggie half wit is off to Romania tomorrow to watch his team who ARE successful in Europe!!!

EIO EIO EIO EIO!

fair enough =D>

In response to the original question I suspect we had the advantage of finding ourselves in Bulgaria and Istanbul at times when it was (politically) very much in the authorities interests to have things go smoothly. So in both cases we found the police being efficient but measured and fair. The French police though were different - and had we won in Marseille we'd have had more than enough "chew" I'm sure.

What you mean a reporter from the local paper always start fights with you. Surely not.

What you mean a reporter from the local paper always start fights with you. Surely not.

I can see it know when they come down here in a couple of weeks an evenin news reporter twotting some smoggie get around the head with his pentax!!

Spent a week in Bulgaria and a couple of days in Marseille and didn't really see anything. As I have posted elsewhere within four hours of arriving in Turin a couple of weeks ago I had a bottle smashed in my face. Don't blame the Boro lads for anything that went on in Rome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.