Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

england v paraguay

Mounts Kipper

i dont normally comment on England as the whole circus surrounding the team pisses me off 90% of the players and Erickson and the F.A. i vannot stand the sight of, but that performance today was abysmal, no pace no threat up front and very little passion, totally inadequate, the only hope is that Lennon replaces beckham asap, rooney/owen/ cole get somewhere near fitness very quckly, also the left hand side of the teams is unused completely, good job there are a number of decent teams in the tournament who are worth watching.

Guest The Special One

Who cares about the performance, traditionally opening games are w??nk so we did what was needed and got 3 points on the board now we can go and smash 4 past T&T and qualify for the next round

we will get through to the next round, but if you are a realist expect us back very shortly afterwards the players collectively are not intelligent enough to compete with the more astute foreign players, the manager is tactically inept, we still dont have a tried and trusted system/formation, the bad news Mclaren will continue this when erickson leaves, the same old tired and lame excuses will be trotted out, to say the result is all that matters is hiding behind the truth we are simply not good enough.

even through the fuzz on the tv in work i could see that the performance was poo.

Look at all the goals, pace and excitment from the previous matches to ours, and we dragged the standard of the comp down....

look at the passion t and t showed.

look at the pace and strength of ivory coast and the argies......

having taken the lead against such a team, we should have been looking to experiment with attacking ideas not defensive, there will be plenty matches to come in which we wont have the ball to get used to defending.

One more thing, the refs are doing their best to ruin the tournement, everythings a yellow card. we're going to end up with situations likethe champ league final..

Oh, and.....why the fook, have ferguson, and in fact anyone with an interest in a ny england squad member decided to unselltel the squad as much as possible with transfer talk, talk of taking erickson to court over rooneys foot, jeeeezus, cant it be left for 3 weeks,????

i think we should all cut the England team a bit of slack, its the first game of the World Cup, give them a chance ey.

we have already given this england team plenty of slack in previous tournaments, this particular 11 is not up to it, 2-3 changes would give the team more pace and purpose, a top manager like scolari would recognise this, i fear erickson will bumble along as per usual and blow a reasonable chance to progress.

i think we should all cut the England team a bit of slack, its the first game of the World Cup, give them a chance ey.

we have already given this england team plenty of slack in previous tournaments, this particular 11 is not up to it, 2-3 changes would give the team more pace and purpose, a top manager like scolari would recognise this, i fear erickson will bumble along as per usual and blow a reasonable chance to progress.

Every fucker did not want Sam as England manager because we didn't want England to play like Bolton , will I've got news for them we played like that yesterday, but not as effectively as we do , as soon as Owen went of we dropped in to a 4-5-1 formation but we played 5 straight across the midfield no one went to play the holding role in midfield , we had nobody to put is foot in or to hold the ball up, the Paraguay defender had Crouch sussed , he let him bring it down , the defender never even bothered to challenged him he just waited for Crouch to chest it down and he just ran around him to take the ball ragging easy

And why did we not have a forward to put on when Owen came off. Because the Swede decided to pick Dozy Doe Walcott, a lad who hasn't even played for his club's first team. He is not in the same class as Pele and even Norman Whiteside who both played in the World Cup at seventeen years of age. Both were a lot stronger physically and had more experience.

Owen is sh??te compared to a lot of other centre forwards in the competition but he is one of Sven's favourites. He left Defoe, Davies and Ashton at home, not massive talents I know but they have been playing a good standard of football in the Prem this year.

Owen is sh??te compared to a lot of other centre forwards in the competition but he is one of Sven's favourites. He left Defoe, Davies and Ashton at home, not massive talents I know but they have been playing a good standard of football in the Prem this year.

you dont stand a chance of playing for england unless you play for 1 of the top 5 clubs.

• Members

Kinell, how I'd missed this negativity. No team has won it hitting the ground running. We will clinch the group in Nuremberg. Rooney is 100%. I have seen it with my own eyes. We will go a long way. Qtr final as a minimum. Bolty - pisssed on Krombacher pils!

Kinell, how I'd missed this negativity. No team has won it hitting the ground running. We will clinch the group in Nuremberg. Rooney is 100%. I have seen it with my own eyes. We will go a long way. Qtr final as a minimum. Bolty - pisssed on Krombacher pils!

bolty you normally talk sense, but the krombacher must have got to you, there are at least 5 teams better than england up to now our ball retention is abysmal, if you cannot keep the ball in hot conditions how the hell can you win matches?

4 forwards

1. injured

2. recovering from injury not match fit

3. never played at top level and manager never seen him play

4. crouch.

why would he go into competition with a squad like that ?

it might all work out, but we will need to be lucky.

gerard now a booking from a ban (i assume 2 yellows is a ban ??)

if terry or rio get injured sol the fruit cake (in more ways than one) to come in !!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

4 forwards

1. injured

2. recovering from injury not match fit

3. never played at top level and manager never seen him play

4. crouch.

why would he go into competition with a squad like that ?

it might all work out, but we will need to be lucky.

gerard now a booking from a ban (i assume 2 yellows is a ban ??)

if terry or rio get injured sol the fruit cake (in more ways than one) to come in !!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

sven gorran erickson, probably the worst England manager in my lifetime, when they had the chance with the affairs he should have been fired off.

• Members

bolty you normally talk sense, but the krombacher must have got to you, there are at least 5 teams better than england up to now our ball retention is abysmal, if you cannot keep the ball in hot conditions how the hell can you win matches?

You are right Kipper. That Krombacher stuff is evil! I am one of those blind faith types who just believes it will come right. Just a hunch. Rooney will lift the whole thing when he comes in. Group won by Thursday night, Rooney unleashed v Ecuador (?) in round of 16?

[quote name="bolty58

You are right Kipper. That Krombacher stuff is evil! I am one of those blind faith types who just believes it will come right. Just a hunch. Rooney will lift the whole thing when he comes in. Group won by Thursday night' date=' Rooney unleashed v Ecuador (?) in round of 16?[/quote]

Two days later and I have a more balanced view, though that display reminded me of many games in Japan 2002 and Portugal 2004. I think and hope we will get better and soon especially as will be there Thurs.

However this manager in tactically inept and sees something in medicocre players that I or many more cannot, Hargreaves FFS. The press drool on about the best midfield quartet in the world yet miss the fact that it was largely by passed with the long ball up to the tall lad on Saturday.

After 35 minutes most pundits around our tele agreed that Sven and Mclaren needed to tell Crouch to stop placing his hands on the Paraguay defenders as he jumped, he did not need to do it and everytime he did the ref blew. Yet in the 2nd half he kept on doing it and ended up with a booking with some backchat.

I may bump into you Bolty save some ale for me, are you joining the few ex pats interviewed on talksport this morning whotravelling to see the Aussies this afternoon? Amongst them was a former Bolton player Fitzpaterick circa 83-84 I believe!

You are right Kipper. That Krombacher stuff is evil! I am one of those blind faith types who just believes it will come right. Just a hunch. Rooney will lift the whole thing when he comes in. Group won by Thursday night, Rooney unleashed v Ecuador (?) in round of 16?

wish i had that blind faith, hope i am wrong and you are right.

• Members
[quote=bolty58

You are right Kipper. That Krombacher stuff is evil! I am one of those blind faith types who just believes it will come right. Just a hunch. Rooney will lift the whole thing when he comes in. Group won by Thursday night' date=' Rooney unleashed v Ecuador (?) in round of 16?[/quote]

Two days later and I have a more balanced view, though that display reminded me of many games in Japan 2002 and Portugal 2004. I think and hope we will get better and soon especially as will be there Thurs.

However this manager in tactically inept and sees something in medicocre players that I or many more cannot, Hargreaves FFS. The press drool on about the best midfield quartet in the world yet miss the fact that it was largely by passed with the long ball up to the tall lad on Saturday.

After 35 minutes most pundits around our tele agreed that Sven and Mclaren needed to tell Crouch to stop placing his hands on the Paraguay defenders as he jumped, he did not need to do it and everytime he did the ref blew. Yet in the 2nd half he kept on doing it and ended up with a booking with some backchat.

I may bump into you Bolty save some ale for me, are you joining the few ex pats interviewed on talksport this morning whotravelling to see the Aussies this afternoon? Amongst them was a former Bolton player Fitzpaterick circa 83-84 I believe!

A resounding fooking no! Today, for me it is tora, tora, tora and sayonara Australia for me. The one eyed bastuds would be even more unbearable if they won a game. Fook em!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.