Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

In-ger-land

Burndens Bogs

Because the red ginger in charge as no ragging idea , and nether does is number 2, who is soon to become number 1

Yes men both of them. Brian Barwick is England Manager - FACT! Now there's a red ginger proud of it. The lad's loosing his hair and instead of being grateful of no longer being ginger, he grows a tash, now that's just silly!

Heard a couple of weeks ago that Sven had already admitted he wouldn't be using Walcott at all in the world cup as he clearly wasn't ready. The worst thing is that this was at a time when he still could have brought in someone else but wouldn't because it would make him look stupid.

Not nearly as stupid as ending up in the situation we find ourselves in now with effectively 1 fit and 1 unfit striker to pick from

Thats what got me last night , Owen comes off and he sends Crouch on (whos on a yellow) I know this didn't happen but , Ronney could have broken down and Crouch could have got booked and missed the next game and that would have left us with Walcot as the only forward we have.

Thats what got me last night , Owen comes off and he sends Crouch on (whos on a yellow) I know this didn't happen but , Ronney could have broken down and Crouch could have got booked and missed the next game and that would have left us with Walcot as the only forward we have.

He's tactically naive! :D

He's tactically naive! :D

Hes not that good ](*,)

Does anyone actually think that they couldn't have got the England team to this stage of the world cup if they had been given the manager's job 2 years ago?

What, you mean a poster on here got the England job?

Counts me out, I've no FA badges and I'm a girl!!

Doesn't stop me from pontificating though!

:D

Does anyone actually think that they couldn't have got the England team to this stage of the world cup if they had been given the manager's job 2 years ago?

What, you mean a poster on here got the England job?

Counts me out, I've no FA badges and I'm a girl!!

Doesn't stop me from pontificating though!

:D

Even you and me ,without badges could have got this team to the world cup, we are not short on talent in the England team, but now its time for a few tactics to unlock defences and shore ours up and this clown does not have it in him to make those decisions.

I can just see two sheets of paper on Sven's wall one with plan 'A' on it with the name Ronney at the top and that's it, on the other it as plan 'B' on it and its blank.

Even you and me ,without badges could have got this team to the world cup, we are not short on talent in the England team, but now its time for a few tactics to unlock defences and shore ours up and this clown does not have it in him to make those decisions.

I can just see two sheets of paper on Sven's wall one with plan 'A' on it  with the name Ronney at the top and that's it, on  the other it as plan 'B' on it and its blank.

I can see it now NB & Tyldesley White. The dream team. I'll be Colin Todd & you can be Roy McFarland!! :D

I can just see two sheets of paper on Sven's wall one with plan 'A' on it  with the name Ronney at the top and that's it, on  the other it as plan 'B' on it and its blank.

I can see it now NB & Tyldesley White. The dream team. I'll be Colin Todd & you can be Roy McFarland!! :D

Works for me , split the money down the middle ??2 million a piece , I could live with that :D

What really really frustrates me about this England team is that game after game after game we go up against against inferior players. When you compare our players against those of our world cup opponents on an individual basis then we should have walked all over them. Based on their club form, only Ljunberg and Larrsson would have had a chance of getting into the England team.

It's pretty obvious that Sven hasn't deserved a fraction of what we pay him and yet I have no doubt that some mugs will pay him stupid money to take over at their club as soon as England are out of this world cup.

However well we do in this World Cup. I think it will be in spite of Erikson

not because of him. Yes we qualified & are still unbeaten but he has given me the impression of being a dead man walking ever since he was

given his notice.

Reasons why I think like that.

1) Only taking 4 strikers when one is coming back from injury (Rooney)

& the other Owen has hardly kicked a ball this year. Brazil other than a fat

Ronaldo, Italy etc... all took 5 strikers

2) Theo Walcott, why take a player you've never seen play and don't intend to play. Wouldn't have happend had Sven still been on a contract.

3) Why have Carrick & Hargreaves who are both holding midfielders but weren't likely to start but for yellow cards, injuries etc.. So you have cover of the cover so to speak & no cover for Lampard or Gerrard

eg Nolan, Danny Murphy or another goalscoring midfielder.

4) Failure to have a plan B.

5) His tactical substitutions usually make the team play worse. Unless he

has Gerrard or Rooney to come of the bench and they'd improve any team

in this competition.

Spleen vented that'll do for now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.