Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BEST WORLD CUP EVER?

Burndens Bogs

I know we're only part way through,but in my opinion this world cup is shaping up to be the best ever -

Good stadiums

Good organisation

FULL stadiums

Not many 0-0 draws in the group stages

Some great goals

Games not on TV at daft o' clock

Any one out of about 6 can win it

What do you reckon?

I think the last 2 have been a bit poor so this has been a welcome change, and I reckon the best is to come. Englands performance will have a big impact on how we feel abut it in the end.

Don't think anything will ever match 86 and 90 for me though, both incredible tournaments.

I think the last 2 have been a bit poor so this has been a welcome change, and I reckon the best is to come. Englands performance will have a big impact on how we feel abut it in the end.

Don't think anything will ever match 86 and 90 for me though, both incredible tournaments.

If we win it then I think you will change your mind.

• Moderators
I haven't seen all the World Cup finals, so I can't judge whether this year's is the best ever.

That's only because you didn't have a telly in 1930 :D

The lack of total shock results like Cameroon beating the Argies and the diabolical refereeing, sending players off in the first half kills games, are the only down sides so far.

This World Cup is right up there with the best.

Entertainment, skill, all the players giving 100%, great goals and the standard of refereeing has been better(with the obvious exceptions of course) than in other World Cups

Also you always want to see a rising superstar appear on the big stage that just makes your jaw drop, that Messi is really something special. In fact the whole Argie midfield are even keeping Aimar on the bench, one of my favourite players.

My dream finish would be England beating Argies in the final and then no other World Cup would ever come close [-o<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.