Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Italy/Aussies

Zozzy

Enjoyable game, Aussies dominated the 2nd half against 10 men, great defending from the Ities. 93rd minute dive in the box from the Italian centre forward and the ref fell for it and give the pen [-X

• Members
Laughed my socks off. :D/

Well they would if it was us.

Exactly my point mate. Like the sweaty socks (met a few of those sad tw@ts with the obligatory Ecuador shirts on the other day), the Aussies support EVERY fooker against us (and buy the colours). If that had been us on the receiving end, I would have been receiving calls, SMS's and e-mails taking the pi*s for the next couple of weeks.

I am ecstatic. Fook em.

For the record, I don't believe it was a pen and the sending off was total b0ll0cks. The refs have been fooking awful.

Laughed my socks off. :D/

Well they would if it was us.

Exactly my point mate. Like the sweaty socks (met a few of those sad tw@ts with the obligatory Ecuador shirts on the other day), the Aussies support EVERY fooker against us (and buy the colours). If that had been us on the receiving end, I would have been receiving calls, SMS's and e-mails taking the pi*s for the next couple of weeks.

I am ecstatic. Fook em.

For the record, I don't believe it was a pen and the sending off was total b0ll0cks. The refs have been fooking awful.

Went on one of the Celtic sites yesterday after a mate told me about some of the bile. Knew the anti English hatred would be there but not the intensity of it. Fair play there are one or two who are embarrassed by it but the rest revel in it. I've come to the conclusion that its some sort of crutch they need in life.

As for the Aussie game, they never took advantage in the lasty 30 mins. Any defender who goes to ground in their own penalty box in this world cup can only expect one outcome, and anyone who goes to ground anywhere is getting booked or sent off. I'll give Sven his due on this one as our lads by and large have stayed on their feet unless it has been last gasp stuff like Cole on Saturday

• Members
Kinell,Boltys up early! Either been on the piss all night celebrating the Aussie exit,or up early worrying where a good England performance is coming from :D

I would guess at the former :D/

Bang on Bogs!! Celebrating the homeward trip of the Shocker Poos. Before anybody gets on their high horse, think about it. I 100% guarantee that the whole of Australia (excluding ex-pat English of course) would be celebrating if that had happened to us. I haven't forgotten the bastuds buying the colours of EVERY team that played us in the Rugby WC

Getting farther than them is good enough but winning it would give me the moral high ground for at least the next four years and probably 40. A good English performance is inevitable. Hopefully the semifinal and final!

I thought the sending off was fair enough - it was a cynical challenge. May not quite have been last man but Italian defenders have been taking liberties for years, it's about time one of them paid the price.

The penalty was a dive too. Again - cynical. As soon as he knew Neill had gone to ground, he was always gonna go over him.

I didn't mind the Aussies winning, just like I don't give a shite about the Scots, cos if all they can do is support our opposition then that says everything you need to know about them...petty, smalltime losers.

Their inferiority complex is actually very very amusing

Dodgy penalty, perhaps, but never a sending off in the memory of man. If anything, Materazzi was in more danger of carting Zambrotta. Bresciano launched himself over the (admittedly reckless) challenge before trying to roll into the next round.

If he'd been playing for Italy he'd have been slated.

FORZA ITALIA.

• Members
I thought the sending off was fair enough - it was a cynical challenge. May not quite have been last man but Italian defenders have been taking liberties for years, it's about time one of them paid the price.

The penalty was a dive too. Again - cynical. As soon as he knew Neill had gone to ground, he was always gonna go over him.

I didn't mind the Aussies winning, just like I don't give a shite about the Scots, cos if all they can do is support our opposition then that says everything you need to know about them...petty, smalltime losers.

Their inferiority complex is actually very very amusing

My point is that the Aussies act exactly as those sad Scottish tw@ts. I am still on a high. Even though "all Italians are cheats and bastards" , good on em on this occasion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.