Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

T'French

exiledwhite2

Guest The Special One

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I'm really gonna give up this betting lark

Had a Brazil/Spain double, quite a lot of cash too

I fancied France tonight as although they are ageing, Spain don't have any real pace and any team with Henry has a chance.

Same old Spain, cause of more ripped up betting slips than any other nation. The further they go the more nervous they get.

Playing Raul was a big mistake, their attack which was so fluid against Ukraine in the first game without him became as one dimensional as Englands with Crouch in the side.

Spain's defence was rubbish. Caught square time and time again. Only a matter of time before someone scored.

Leaving someone unmarked on setpieces isn't great either.

You cannot win the World Cup without a decent defence.

This could be the Argies undoing for all their attacking options. I rate Heinze but he looks to be struggling after his long term injury. No confidence in Scaloni either.

I fancied France tonight as although they are ageing, Spain don't have any real pace and any team with Henry has a chance.

Same old Spain, cause of more ripped up betting slips than any other nation. The further they go the more nervous they get.

Playing Raul was a big mistake, their attack which was so fluid against Ukraine in the first game without him became as one dimensional as Englands with Crouch in the side.

Dead right

Playing three centre forwards and hoping for the best was a big mistake, there was nowhere for Raul to go with three central midfielders behind him and two strikers ahead.

Should've played Joaquin

Dead right

Playing three centre forwards and hoping for the best was a big mistake, there was nowhere for Raul to go with three central midfielders behind him and two strikers ahead.

Should've played Joaquin

Admittedly, being a Betis follower myself, Joaquin is the most overrated player of his generation. Has the pace and ability, but the fuss surrrounding him is farfetched to say the least.

No final product on many occasions, it's a must for him to beat a man, and he is incapable of putting an early ball in. Only 2 goals last season, and he isn't the player people think he is.

Nowhere near good enough for the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea, despite speculation.

Last season I'd have dropped him, only the risk of Beticos during a disappointing season could've caused a riot.

I'd have brought Antonio Lopez on, and stuck him on the left. That would've been a smooth move.

Does anyone else think that people are going way over the top about the henry "dive" last night.

For a start I don't think it was a dive, I think Puyol clearly catches Henry's lower face with his head but I don't think henry helped himself by going down so dramaticaly.

Also how many players dive? Nearly all of them have dived at least once.

Henry is the most sporting guy in football and he goes over the top slightly on one little thing and he gets slated.

It's fcukin' stupid.

Does anyone else think that people are going way over the top about the henry "dive" last night.

For a start I don't think it was a dive, I think Puyol clearly catches Henry's lower face with his head but I don't think henry helped himself by going down so dramaticaly.

Also how many players dive? Nearly all of them have dived at least once.

Henry is the most sporting guy in football and he goes over the top slightly on one little thing and he gets slated.

It's fcukin' stupid.

In a word, no

I think he should be banned for a game

He and others might think twice before grabbing their face trying to con the ref next time.

No contact was made with his face. If as you suggest there was a faint touch, all I can say is it's a good job Henry ain't a boxer.

France were always the team to back last night.

Spain have never beaten them in a competetive fixture and they are the perennial under-achievers on both the World Cup and European Championship stages.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.