Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Krauts are going out

Zozzy

performance of the tournament from Italy =D>

The final will be a good game if they play France,I just hope the Italians dont go all defensive as they did in 94,they have shown tonight they can not only defend well but produce a good all round performance.

performance of the tournament from Italy =D>

The final will be a good game if they play France,I just hope the Italians dont go all defensive as they did in 94,they have shown tonight they can not only defend well but produce a good all round performance.

France vs Italy final would be good. Though it would be nice to see Ronaldo get to the final and then get beat. shithouse!

Interesting quotes from a minute before KO tonight.

"I believe it will be a very close game, Germany are on a high, but this will be a real test and Italy are a classic team on the counterattack and I'll whisper it, but I think Italy will win."

Chris Waddle, BBC Five Live Sport

"Italian captain Fabio Cannavaro looked pumped up as he jumped up and down at the end of his country's national anthem. And, if the manner of the Italy team is anything to go by, they seem to be savouring the occasion and relishing the match than showing any signs of nervousness."

Mandeep Sanghera, BBC Sport in Dortmund

I'm reasonably confident Italy will play a decent game in the final. This time they have momentum, whereas in 94 and subsequent years they felt pressure.

I cannot entertain the thought of France winning it and Portugal have plummeted in my estimation too.

Come on Italy

I've got an italian pal in Lucca who supports Samp (also an adopted wanderer =D> ), they'll be celebrating till the final over there.

He was saying at the start it all depends on the big players being up for it when it matters and if the match fixing scandal brings them more together in team spirit than any other tournament, and to be fair so far he's nailed it on the head.

Unlike our useless shit heads who seemed as they'd been paid to lose it.

He was saying at the start it all depends on the big players being up for it when it matters and if the match fixing scandal brings them more together in team spirit than any other tournament, and to be fair so far he's nailed it on the head.

Unlike our useless shit heads.

To use a cliche - when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Fantastic Game. Italy thoroughly deserved their win and hopefully they will play, and beat France, in the Final.

Genuine world class players all over the park, but Fabio Canevaro fantastic best defender in the world.

so would you have swapped controversial defeat on Saturday - for a semi-final last minute defeat? I bet the Germans are far more choked than we were on Sat.
The Germans can hold their heads high. We can't say the same.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.