has any country ever won the world cup

Smiffs

with such an easy route..........

Group stage akin to the Bedford Sunday League

Austrailia............last min penalty

Ukraine........nuff said

Germany........like the wars, tried hard but just not good enough

France.........aged and tired

More difficult than Paraguay, Trinidad, Sweden, Equador and Portugal though  :-k

Didn't Brazil in 58 beat Wales in the 1/4s, France int semis and Sweden (managed by an Englishman) in the final? The only game they didn't win that tournament was against England, and Wales was their toughest knockout match - now if that's not an easy tournament I don't know what is :D

On another note, cropped up tonight, what would have happened in 66 if extra time hadn't produced a winner? I don't think pens were around then were they? Was a replay on the cards?

More difficult than Paraguay, Trinidad, Sweden, Equador and Portugal though  :-k

Not too sure, putting aside the group stages (which they had the easiest group of the lot), I would put portugal and sweden ahead of a hardworking but average germany (on home soil) regardless of last nights result, and I did not see anything tonight to make me think 'f??ck mop, they are good', especially when France looked very tired.

On another note, cropped up tonight, what would have happened in 66 if extra time hadn't produced a winner? I don't think pens were around then were they? Was a replay on the cards?

I have a feeling it was going to be a replay; Biffo will probably confirm and George will probably have a programme from it

• Moderators

Not too sure, putting aside the group stages (which they had the easiest group of the lot), I would put portugal and sweden ahead of a hardworking but average germany (on home soil) regardless of last nights result, and I did not see anything tonight to make me think 'f??ck mop, they are good', especially when France looked very tired.

Italy had a tough group i thought, on paper anyway

Spain had the easiest group

All things equal, I dont think they would have beaten Brazil, Argentina, or Portugal, regardless of what happened to them.

you could have sounded all intelectual and started that ceteris parabus

you would have sounded even cleverer if you had spelt it ceteris paribus

All things equal, I dont think they would have beaten Brazil, Argentina, or Portugal, regardless of what happened to them.

no he plays up front

no he plays up front

I understand what your saying satan but he could still play at full back like Henrik does, or as Captain Kirk once said "Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

no he plays up front

I understand what your saying satan but he could still play at full back like Henrik does, or as Captain Kirk once said "Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit"

"at 'n eglur cer ble ble na ddyn wedi cerdded anad" Boyo

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum.
:-k :-k

I give up!, your Bolton School history pisses on my mere Grammar School education.

It means:

We're off to see the wizard: the wonderful wizard of Oz! :D

I have a feeling it was going to be a replay; Biffo will probably confirm and George will probably have a programme from it

Yes it would have been a replay.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.