Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Walcott

burndenpaddock

West Brom are apparently trying to line up a season long loan deal for him.

He must have something about him to get an England place in the World Cup. Must be worth us trying to get him for a season..premership football would give him a better preparation for the Euros than a season in the Championship

Guest malodourous_intent
No better than Vaz Te in my opinion.

Have you seen him play?

Either way we won't see him at the Reebok. He's only 16 FFS. Arses loaning him out to lower leagues is good business for them.

Hope you don't mind me interceding on your Walcot thread. I have seen him play three times more than Erikson. I saw him play in a youth cup semi at the Wolves. He was man to man marked by a 15 year old school boy and was substituted after 60 mins. Although I did not see it apparently the same happened in the first leg of the tie. I saw him play for England under 17's and again he had a poor game and was substituted just after half time. He also played for Southampton at the Wolves last year, he had one good run early on but did nothing after that. He is very very quick but very lightweight and not a Bolton type of player at all. When he was picked in the World Cup squad I was flabbergated, one of the most bizarre decisions ever made by an England manager.

When he was picked in the World Cup squad I was flabbergated, one of the most bizarre decisions ever made by an England manager.

There is nothing bizarre about a making decision that pays of a debt or puts a favour in the bank. One would have to look into the murky muddy waters of player deals, agents and the regular back handers to get to the bottom of this particular one.

I think the dodgy connection in the whole Walcott story is Rupert Lowe.

Rupert is very well connected within the FA and the ??16m or so Arsenal will eventually pay for Walcott is based on loads of different things happening ie winning trophies, playing for England, being selected for major championships etc It is similar to the Ronney deal in some respects.

Walcott's England debut and subsequent holiday in Germany will triggered payments of several millions to Southampton, just before Lowe's departure. A strange coincidence, perhaps?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.