Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The El Hadji Diouf "saga"

fishbulb

• Moderators
stan how much do you honestly think we would get if we sold EHD ?

end of this season, he'll have two years left

he's prob on 30/40 thou a week

4 million maximum, if we found a team in england willing to take a gamble

i think he's worth more to the team than that

at his best, with his head screwed on, he's worth at least as much as andy johnson

i wouldn't take that gamble with my money, though

i'd guess his next club will be in spain - if we ever fancy accepting 2 million

end of this season, he'll have two years left

he's prob on 30/40 thou a week

4 million maximum, if we found a team in england willing to take a gamble

i think he's worth more to the team than that

at his best, with his head screwed on, he's worth at least as much as andy johnson

i wouldn't take that gamble with my money, though

i'd guess his next club will be in spain - if we ever fancy accepting 2 million

Do you not think that with 2yrs left on his contract we'd get more than that from a Spanish team for example? They're still paying quite high prices for players. If Athletico lose Torres for silly money, which seems fairly impending, then they may have money burning holes in their pockets...

EHD is one of if not our player of the season IMO. I think the highest price we could get for him would be about ??7-8m and at the moment I think he is worth far more to the club. Fair enough he sometimes loses his head but this is a lot less frequently than he ever used to and he has openly said that he is happy and settled here. Another thing is his partnership and friendship with Anelka, if Diouf left then I'm sure that Anelka wouldn't be half as happy here and would maybe leave.

diouf was our best player at spurs, he has the beating of every full back in the prem and his crossing is excellent with both feet. I don't blame him for getting frustrated and getting booked in the first half. That said I think he won the ball but unfortunatley your not allowed to tackle hard, especially away from home.

??10million would be a fair asking price, with that you could buy downing / wright-phillips / Ljunburg / Arteta who would do a similar job.

diouf was our best player at spurs, he has the beating of every full back in the prem and his crossing is excellent with both feet. I don't blame him for getting frustrated and getting booked in the first half. That said I think he won the ball but unfortunatley your not allowed to tackle hard, especially away from home.

??10million would be a fair asking price, with that you could buy downing / wright-phillips / Ljunburg / Arteta who would do a similar job.

None of them would go to Bolton.

You know for a nailed n fact, that if you sold him, you would get someone as good to replace him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.