Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Random Acts Of Kindness

Moving on from Missus C's thread about sending vouchers and stuff to people who can use them, it got me thinking about these "random acts of kindness" that you sometimes hear about.

Have you ever done an "random act of kindness" or been on the end of a one - I must admit I have never done or received an unsolicited act of kindness.

One of my mates was stranded at night on the A1 with a puncture about 18 months ago, and he didn't have a spare tyre. Some stranger in a similar car pulled up asked him what was wrong, when he saw it was the tyre, the bloke let my mate take his spare so he could get home. My mate obviously returned said wheel a day or two later.

Are there still "nice" people around, or are we all cynical these days?

I believe that there are still 'nice' people around, i just think that people dont go out of their way as much for other people because society is changing.

Example- a few years ago i would stop and help an elderly person with their shopping bags, now i want to help them( and still offer) but i worry i will upset them and they may think im trying to rob them.

There is so much distrust.

I believe in the old adage of 'what goes around comes around' and some of you may think im talking tripe here- but i really think acts of kindness come back to you in some form or another.

perhaps i just like to think that because i still want to ' do the right thing' by people, even in these nasty times. Only seeing the best in people can cause you as many problems as being a bit of a selfish shite, but i cant bear to think i must grow to be cynical, untrusting, and incapable of showing kindness to other people, 'just in case' it goes wrong or doesnt get returned.

Besides, there is a feel good factor that goes with random acts of kindness. its good to give and good to recieve.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.