Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Guthrie To Fulham

Liverpool echo

FULHAM are lining up a ?3m offer for Liverpool youngster Danny Guthrie.

New Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has put the 20-year-old midfielder at the top of his wanted list and is ready to test Liverpool's desire to keep hold of him with a firm offer.

Having seen his first team opportunities limited at Anfield, Guthrie is currently on a season-long loan at Bolton Wanderers where he has become a mainstay of Gary Megson's side.

But despite speculation, Bolton are yet to make an offer to sign Shrewsbury-born Guthrie on a permanent basis and Fulham are looking to steal a march on their rivals by making the first move.

Southampton ? where Guthrie impressed during a loan spell last season ? and promotion chasing Watford have also expressed an interest in signing him but it would take a sizeable offer to convince Reds boss Rafa Benitez to part with a young player he rates highly.

Benitez has been impressed by the way Guthrie has settled into life at the Reebok and has been keeping tabs on his progress.

He said: "We have had our scouts watching him and we are really pleased because he is playing well.

"We have a lot of confidence in Guthrie.

"He needed to play games and we thought Bolton was the right club for him because Sammy Lee and Frank McParland were there at the start of the season.

"Although they have now left the club he is in the Bolton team, and is showing the quality that we thought he had."

But with Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano, Lucas and Momo Sissoko all ahead of Guthrie in the pecking order for a place in the Liverpool midfield, Fulham will hope they can tempt the player away from Anfield by offering him regular first team football.

I would like to think if Fulham or any other club put an offer in for Guthrie we would match it no questions asked, he has been fantastic for us this season.

iiiiin one!

and if they dont its time to pack up

Although I am not a violent woman: If this is any more than paper talk, & we let him go to any other club than Liverpool I will personally walk round the building with a baseball bat in hand, find Mr. Gartside & slap him around the face with the aforementioned bat!

• Moderators
Can Liverpool cancel the loan and sell him to Fulham in January? Or are they contractually obliged to leave him at the Reebok until May?

am not sure

I think if he wanted to stay with us, he could, based on Shaun Derry refusing to return to Leeds from Palace where he is on loan

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/673918.html

he might fancy playing for a bigger club with more fans. :blink:

Fulham are a sh1te nothing club and IMO are no bigger than us. They also have pathetic fans and not many of them (last time I took any notice). Plus we are closer to Liverpool and so he would be closer to his home and family, he probably wouldn't have to move.

Also by being here for a season it wouldn't be a big change for him and he already knows he is a very important player for us and so will be almost guarenteed first team football, however at Fulham he doesn't know this and doesn't know whether he would fit into the team and all that.

Fulham are a sh1te nothing club and IMO are no bigger than us. They also have pathetic fans and not many of them (last time I took any notice). Plus we are closer to Liverpool and so he would be closer to his home and family, he probably wouldn't have to move.

Also by being here for a season it wouldn't be a big change for him and he already knows he is a very important player for us and so will be almost guarenteed first team football, however at Fulham he doesn't know this and doesn't know whether he would fit into the team and all that.

current attendances suggest they are a bigger club than us.

Plus we are closer to Liverpool and so he would be closer to his home and family, he probably wouldn't have to move.

not that it I think it would make any difference to him, location wise where his club is/was, but he's from Shropshire or somewhere around there isn't he? - I don't think he's a scouser

current attendances suggest they are a bigger club than us.

I admit Mounts that I haven't taken much notice of their recent attendances. But up until this season, possibly last aswel, I have thought we always did much better than them with attendances. They have a sh1t stadium, with wank fans, of which most of them are supporters of the bigger clubs which either can't get tickets at Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs or can't afford it. So they go to Fulham to just watch some premiership football.

Plus they have a fcukin' neutral section, what's that all about.

I admit Mounts that I haven't taken much notice of their recent attendances. But up until this season, possibly last aswel, I have thought we always did much better than them with attendances. They have a sh1t stadium, with wank fans, of which most of them are supporters of the bigger clubs which either can't get tickets at Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs or can't afford it. So they go to Fulham to just watch some premiership football.

Plus they have a fcukin' neutral section, what's that all about.

not suprisingly that exactly is how bolton fans are now percieved, it is not a pleasant thought but unfortunately that is the way it is.

Although I am not a violent woman: If this is any more than paper talk, & we let him go to any other club than Liverpool I will personally walk round the building with a baseball bat in hand, find Mr. Gartside & slap him around the face with the aforementioned bat!

He did say that Bolton would be his first choice after Lpool, so let's relax.

That said, it would be a massive own goal if we let him slip away, esp to a team below us int league

He did say that Bolton would be his first choice after Lpool, so let's relax.

That said, it would be a massive own goal if we let him slip away, esp to a team below us int league

PMT, sorry. BUT, I stand by my belief that IF we were given the opportunity to get him & do not take it up, then I will be using the baseball bat! :D

• Moderators
not suprisingly that exactly is how bolton fans are now percieved, it is not a pleasant thought but unfortunately that is the way it is.

is it balls

who thinks that?

someone is winding you up

my money is on a bolton based utd fan

is it balls

who thinks that?

someone is winding you up

my money is on a bolton based utd fan

nobody winding me up if I was a neutral that is what I would think of bolton fans, whether we like it or not we are virtually on a par with Wigan, blackburn are now far and away infront of us in terms of attendances, if you look down the leagues Hull city and many other clubs we would have previously thought of as well below us are getting much better crowds than us, that is despite them playing in the lower leagues paying similar prices and watching an inferior product.

p.s.I also think this website despite having some great plus points, is one of the reasons behind our dwindling crowds, the negativity really is shocking, We could do with a section for negative and positive post, and I would ask happy to exclude me from depression corner.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

nobody winding me up if I was a neutral that is what I would think of bolton fans, whether we like it or not we are virtually on a par with Wigan, blackburn are now far and away infront of us in terms of attendances, if you look down the leagues Hull city and many other clubs we would have previously thought of as well below us are getting much better crowds than us, that is despite them playing in the lower leagues paying similar prices and watching an inferior product.

p.s.I also think this website despite having some great plus points, is one of the reasons behind our dwindling crowds, the negativity really is shocking, We could do with a section for negative and positive post, and I would ask happy to exclude me from depression corner.

You can't fail to agree with that

Posting negative lies like Hull being better supported than Bolton doesn't help then does it?

Hull's average league gate this season is over 3,000 less than Bolton's

The underlying point I am trying to make is that it is now how we are percieved by many other clubs, I am 100% sure our following is bigger than the likes of Fulham but at the moment it is not showing itself through the turnstiles, our fans need to look at the level of support they are giving the club, shake away the lethargy and negativity, back the club, it is the only way we can continue this amazing run of success we have had, the alternative is unbearable to contemplate.

• Moderators

this would be the first post in the negative corner for me

you can't really say "if i was a neutral" then pass an opinion on us, it's never going to be objective

objectively, blackburn are not far and away in front of us, this is based on facts

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Fixtures/

the big gates coincide with with teams that have filled out the away end, Liverpool/City/Newcastle all took 7000, they've had 3 under 20k (Pompey, Brum, Reading) and 2 more that didn't reach 21k (villa, west ham)

and all this with a revised ticketing policy to make it cheaper

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Mat...,,10303,00.html

if you can point me in the direction of lesser clubs getting much better crowds than us in div 1 I'd be interested to see who they are

hull are not one of them

http://www.hullcityafc.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...,,10338,00.html

they had two good gates over christmas with teams who will more than likely have taken decent followings

not sure how this constitutes "much better"

wolves, both sheffield clubs, norwich, west brom - they've always been very well supported in the lower leagues, whether you perceive them to be well below us or not is a matter of opinion but I wouldn't be too phased by seeing their average attendances better ours

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.