Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheffield United

Eddie

Is it pay on the day tomorrow?

I still haven't got a ticket and I don't know whether to go down to the Reebok today or just pay on the day tomorrow. I have looked on the website and it doesn't mention it.

i went yesterday to get a couple of tickets and enquired as to weather it was pay on the day and was informed that it was indeed pay on the day!!!!

Good of them to advertise this.

With Sheff U selling out the atmosphere should be good, but if Bolton had advertised the promotion better, and then advertised the pay on the day, e could of had a close to full stadium with a very good atmosphere.

Cheers anyway, I didn't risk it in the end and went and got a ticket from the stadium.

Good of them to advertise this.

With Sheff U selling out the atmosphere should be good, but if Bolton had advertised the promotion better, and then advertised the pay on the day, e could of had a close to full stadium with a very good atmosphere.

Cheers anyway, I didn't risk it in the end and went and got a ticket from the stadium.

For George:

"When did we last beat Sheff U in the FA Cup?"

Could it be an omen?

How would it be to win the FA Cup, esp after this difficult season? My dreams would be fulfilled

No,i doubt my collection would be in the top 50 Bolton collections.

And i have not had one letter or article in Programme Monthly to date.

I will be happy to do some PR work for you FOC, raise your profile and hopefully get Programme Monthly approaching you for articles.

I would be happy to arrange petrol* bombing their premises for you if required. ***

* or cheaper substance.

*** Old bill I know read everything on this site, "I'm just joking, ok".

Edited by Crew86

I've been cutting my teeth articles wise on this site,but im not good enough yet.I've got the ability to quote accurate facts and figures but not the descriptive powers that the columnists have

eg

"Another first was the pleasant experience of watching a game to the accompaniment of church bells,the nearby cathedral ringers obviously having a practice night for virtually the entire ninety minutes.Clitheroe won the tie with a last minute winner:had that not been scored,it would have been interesting to see if the bell ringers would also have gone into extra time"

That was in a description of the Lancaster City v Clitheroe match and programme in this months publication and is the standard of dry humour that has to be reached.

why not, now, create similar crap for last wednesday's match-we'll be the editor. We'll play fair.

BTW Lawro thinks we'll lose tomorrow.

I've been cutting my teeth articles wise on this site,but im not good enough yet.I've got the ability to quote accurate facts and figures but not the descriptive powers that the columnists have

eg

"Another first was the pleasant experience of watching a game to the accompaniment of church bells,the nearby cathedral ringers obviously having a practice night for virtually the entire ninety minutes.Clitheroe won the tie with a last minute winner:had that not been scored,it would have been interesting to see if the bell ringers would also have gone into extra time"

That was in a description of the Lancaster City v Clitheroe match and programme in this months publication and is the standard of dry humour that has to be reached.

I admit that's good George but if you follow that route you end like Stuart Hall with his match reports on Radio 5, not the shop lifting obviously but as a pastiche of yourself.

George : I assume you have the programme for the 3rd round Cup tie at Bramall Lane in 1963 ?

Doesn't it have a banner on the front saying something like : "Played at last, after 10 postponements". Except, of course, it wasn't - it was postponed again, but they used the same programme. (I can't check - I've loads of stuff in storage). Think it was eventually played in early March. What a winter; frozen solid for 2-3 months !

I remember being on the coach to one mid-week attempt to play it, and the coach turned round halfway over the Pennines (no M62) coz the radio said it was off again. Did get to the game when it was eventually played though. Sh*t, I was a tough teen in those days. :blink:

Yes,copying others is not the way to go.

But its a conservative publication.If i send in an article titled "Girlfriend said box was too small for postman" it would get ripped up"

Anyway i don't have enough old programmes yet to be a columnist.Its an older mans role really.

we'll be the judge.It's a quiet Friday night,just us, give it a bash. I mean "go"

I admit that's good George but if you follow that route you end like Stuart Hall with his match reports on Radio 5, not the shop lifting obviously but as a pastiche of yourself.

I once bumped into Stuart Hall who was sneaking into the bogs @ The Reebok for a crafty smoke. He didn't remember kissing me 20 years earlier. Or if he did, he didn't mention it.

I once bumped into Stuart Hall who was sneaking into the bogs @ The Reebok for a crafty smoke. He didn't remember kissing me 20 years earlier. Or if he did, he didn't mention it.

There's a joke in there somewhere. I'm nowhere near brave enough to crack it though :-k

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.