Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What Do You Love About Bolton Wanderers

Guest JacksonLSL

Guest JacksonLSL

I love that feeling of excitement I get on Saturday mornings because I'm going to see my heroes

I love buying every new Bolton scarf as it comes out and wearing a different one each day

I love getting every Bolton shirt as it comes out

I love debating with my friends which player to get on the back of that shirt

I love the feeling of adrenaline as the players walk out at the start of a match

I love going to the BWFC Family Fun Day and shaking hands with and saying "hi" to every player I meet

I love the fact that the stadium's a 30 minute walk away from my house

I love the fact that Nat Lofthouse played for this Club

I love all the memories of Jay Jay Okocha, Youri Djorkaeff, Bruno N'gotty and Fernando Hierro

I love the fact that we managed to get Nicolas Anelka to our Club

I love taking the utter p?ss out of Manure and Wigan fans when we beat them

I love taking a photo of the scoreboard whenever we win a local derby

I love putting on my Bolton shirt ready for a match, wondering what the score's gonna be

I love singing my heart out and trying to get others around me to join in

I love the fact that our little Club is in Europe and we're in the last 32

I love going to EVERY home match regardless of ANYTHING

I love the away days, although my last away match we lost 4-0 at Anfield

I love the fact that I get excited a week before I see the Wanderers away

I love how we've managed to stay in the Premiership for so long with hardly any money

I love going to Uefa cup matches at night with me + 5-10 others fired up for it

I love our 1958 and 1960's badges

I love that feeling of euphoria when a player in a White shirt scores a goal at the Reebok

I love our players for doing us proud in Munich

I love buying every piece of Club merchandise I can get my hands on

I love bring proud of this great Club of the town I, and many others, come from and support week in week out

What do YOU love about Bolton Wanderers?

I love that feeling of excitement I get on Saturday mornings because I'm going to see my heroes

I love buying every new Bolton scarf as it comes out and wearing a different one each day

I love the feeling of adrenaline as the players walk out at the start of a match

I love going to the BWFC Family Fun Day and shaking hands with and saying "hi" to every player I meet

I love all the memories of Jay Jay Okocha, Youri Djorkaeff, Bruno N'gotty and Fernando Hierro

I love putting on my Bolton shirt ready for a match, wondering what the score's gonna be

I love how we've managed to stay in the Premiership for so long with hardly any money

I love that feeling of euphoria when a player in a White shirt scores a goal at the Reebok

I love bring proud of this great Club of the town I, and many others, come from and support week in week out

you need to get a grip on your life,its time you went to have some of mummy's milk,then its time for bed.

I don't love anything about them - it's just that I've been hitched to watching the f?ckers for the last 30 years.

Hold on, I tell a lie. I do love getting shit-faced every so often before the game. And I did used to love going down to Wembley/Cardiff every couple of years. But that'll not happen for a while now. Oh, and I did used to love watching Jay Jay, safe in the knowledge that for once we were in the presence of genuine genius (in an age when the word "genius" is debased beyond all measure and ends up being applied to the rank and file); and grabbing a chip barm and jumbo sausage in Rice'n'Easy 1 minute before kick off. I used to love that.

Perhaps easier, and indeed more pertinent, is to list what you currently, certainly, don't love about Bolton Wanderers.

I'll start.

Lofty for starters - well past his sell by date, though his glorious baiting of Wolves fans will never be forgotten :good: Time to pension him off to Twycross.

Just found this rather amusing. How anyone can sit there and actually think up all that shit and post it on a fans forum knowing DAMN WELL they are going to be mocked is beyond me.

Ahh well, can only laugh :yahoo:

or cry

Why are people calling this guy? i have read on here loads of times people critcising fans for not turning up at matches,not singing and supporting the team and as soon as someone comes on here with abit of passion for the club you all shoot him down. you just cannot win with some bolton fans. i know i will get slated for this but i'm not bothered,but you should all have a long look at yourselves before you start criticising fans who love bwfc and will support them through thick and thin.

rant over.

• Site Supporter
I love BWFC because they have took me to strip bars in Sofia, Munich and Belgrade. I love BWFC because they have crippled me financially. I love BWFC because relationships have ended because I had to go to an away game in London.

I love BWFC.

when was the last time you spoke to trevor????????????????

Used to be 3 pies for a ?1 Burnden pie shop.

Edited by M G WHITES

give the lad a chance he makes some good points and its good that some people have such love for our club and imo we need a fair few more people who love the club so much so that the club can see our enthusiasm and support for the club, i'll prob get some stick for this but balls to it us fans should really stick together when the club is fighting to survive.

I love Bolton cause I got my head cracked open by a bar stool in a bar before the play off game against Wolves

I love Bolton cause when we beat the sc*m at OT I got pissed, sat on a train back to London with no lights on, waited an age at Wembley tube station due to tech problems and decided enuf was enuf and went head first through the door window. Funny how these tube platforms are a lot lower than intercity platforms. ?400 worth of physio later on the arm. Best ?400 I've ever spent.

Why do I love Bolton?

Cos TC scored 5

Cos Lee took the pis* at Anfield

Cos of AW & Super John partnership

Cos I got hit by a coin in my first game against Everton in the Embankment

Cos we scored 7 against Plymouth

Cos Fat Sam did us proud

Cos I use to go to all the reserve games

Cos I hate mi brother when he ripped up the the players autographs he got me while he worked at BOC(??) on Manny Rd.

Cos I went to the darlo match on bommie night (or around that date)

Cos I walked into a lampost while giving the fingers to Hull City fans leaving Burnden

Cos I still come back for more when we are sh*te

Cos I'm a gluten for punishment

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.