Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Now The Spending Has Started........

Sweep

How much do you think we'll spend  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems that we have started spending a bit of cash now, and many people, prior to Anelka's departure were on here bleating about how Megson will be lucky to see ?5M of the Anelka money, well I believe was have already gone paste that with Taylor and the Icelandic bloke, I would imagine that a striker will come in as well, so we could, possibly, see as much money spent in this transfer window, as we've ever seen spent in an entire season :blink:

How much do you reckon we'll end up splashing out?

No doubt some of the miserable chuffers on here will claim that we will spend no more..........

It seems that we have started spending a bit of cash now, and many people, prior to Anelka's departure were on here bleating about how Megson will be lucky to see ?5M of the Anelka money, well I believe was have already gone paste that with Taylor and the Icelandic bloke, I would imagine that a striker will come in as well, so we could, possibly, see as much money spent in this transfer window, as we've ever seen spent in an entire season :blink:

How much do you reckon we'll end up splashing out?

No doubt some of the miserable chuffers on here will claim that we will spend no more..........

biggest spending in our history ...... needs to be thought :roll:

I refer the gentlemen to my thread posted at dinnertime today.

Megson has access to the whole ?15M, what he spends of it is up to him.

So far, I reckon the three signings have cost us ?7M. So a centre back and a striker of any decent quality will leave little change.

if we are not seen to spend 15mill minimum then crowds will be 15000 itk fact . this is a massive opportunity for bwfc - not just to spend decent money on decent players but for once a chance for bwfc to get bums back on seats by showing some bottle and desire to stay in this league, this could be the biggest public relations opportunity that bwfc have had in recent times and they have got a fookin good chance to get it right, we have literally lost thousands of fans in the past couple of seasons - this is THE chance to get them back , they have to be applauded on their recent price reductions for games but now bwfc show that you are as bothered about the club as we are - the fans . SPLASH THE CASH .

So far, I reckon the three signings have cost us ?7M. So a centre back and a striker of any decent quality will leave little change.

so whos on the way then o enlightened one :drinks:

He may have access to ?15m, but not hte ?15m from Anelka as only ?12m of it was up front

If the cash had been made available to Allardyce last January where would we be?

Dunno.

Near the bottom of the Championship after being slapped with relegation and a hefty points deduction for transfer irregularities?

Edited by enzo gambaro

I reckon we try and get Faye back from them tvvats, buy lita and roberts and we will be very strong for rest of season, though we'll be several points adrift at the foot of the table because we'll have pissed around without a centre back until the African Nations has finished.

• Moderators
if we are not seen to spend 15mill minimum then crowds will be 15000 itk fact . this is a massive opportunity for bwfc - not just to spend decent money on decent players but for once a chance for bwfc to get bums back on seats by showing some bottle and desire to stay in this league, this could be the biggest public relations opportunity that bwfc have had in recent times and they have got a fookin good chance to get it right, we have literally lost thousands of fans in the past couple of seasons - this is THE chance to get them back , they have to be applauded on their recent price reductions for games but now bwfc show that you are as bothered about the club as we are - the fans . SPLASH THE CASH .

evidence suggests it won't affect crowds

cept downwards

• Members
I reckon we try and get Faye back from them tvvats, buy lita and roberts and we will be very strong for rest of season. :yahoo:

Fook me, 3 workmanlikes. I hope we buy a bit of guile to seperate us from the also rans. I would be gutted if we signed Roberts. I would rather have Hunt from Reading than Lita. In fact, forget Roberts and get Hunt and Doyle from Reading or, if we have to have an Akinbiyi like striker, Hunt and Lita. At least they understand each others strengths and weaknesses already.

Fook me, 3 workmanlikes. I hope we buy a bit of guile to seperate us from the also rans. I would be gutted if we signed Roberts. I would rather have Hunt from Reading than Lita. In fact, forget Roberts and get Hunt and Doyle from Reading or, if we have to have an Akinbiyi like striker, Hunt and Lita. At least they understand each others strengths and weaknesses already.

i've said it before but i don't think i could hack having him play for the wanderers, he's not just dirty i'm pretty sure he sets out to actually injure people.

The more time passes i become more certain he meant to clatter cech.

i've said it before but i don't think i could hack having him play for the wanderers, he's not just dirty i'm pretty sure he sets out to actually injure people.

The more time passes i become more certain he meant to clatter cech.

Leave the tabloids alone Frank...not in the memory of man did Hunt try and kick him in the head

Leave the tabloids alone Frank...not in the memory of man did Hunt try and kick him in the head

i didn't think he meant it at the time either.

but after seeing him over the last year or so since then i've started to have my doubts.

the home game last year he was late with 90% of his challenges either late tackles or sly digs after the ball had gone

Guest squidgy66
He may have access to ?15m, but not hte ?15m from Anelka as only ?12m of it was up front

Whilst I never thought we'd spend the whole 15mill in the transfer window in a million years, what about all the 'new' TV money that they got this year? Where did all that go? (admittedly it's probably gone someway to subsidising our shite attendances to a large extent).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.