Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

7m Lita Bid Rejected!

Its a joke - he should of offered the 1st day off the transfer window!

Ginger F*cK Megson is a w*nker

Thats a bit harsh, Megson hardley has control of the clus finances, its more likely the money men who decide when and how much they want to bid!!!

Anyway, he could be saying we had a bid for Henry, Berbatov, Defoe or Johnson. It doesnt matter, they failed to get some one in so brought in a striker on loan to appease the fans. The worst thing is that the striker is backup for Davies and Helguson so a waste of time IMO.

Think there is only one gary neville here

i went to bed about 11 last night and heard nothing of this...

What kind of a team bids ?7 Million, the majority of our money, on a player with less than an hour to go before the transfer window shuts???? Reading were probably tucked up in bed by then....

Believe me this was a token offer to make us think they had tried...

Taken from sky - "We had a ?7m bid turned down - that shows our intention to get out of this position - but it may be a goer in the summer," Megson told The Sun.

Ah well, we will have to make the best of what we have got and get behind the white men.

?7m for Lita would have been a rip-off, I'm suprised that you think we should have negotiated higher.

I think there would have been an offer in before Tuesday that was probably no where near ?7m, then we offered an inflated price in despiration. Which was still turned down. Whining isn't going to help the situation, a bet you lot (moaners on the site in general) are the ones that boo Vaz Te the first time he slips over.

Ah well, we will have to make the best of what we have got and get behind the white men.

?7m for Lita would have been a rip-off, I'm suprised that you think we should have negotiated higher.

I think there would have been an offer in before Tuesday that was probably no where near ?7m, then we offered an inflated price in despiration. Which was still turned down. Whining isn't going to help the situation, a bet you lot (moaners on the site in general) are the ones that boo Vaz Te the first time he slips over.

nope... i agree moaning dont get you anywhere and we have just got to get behind the team now...

but the disapointment of losing a great player and getting somebody second rate cant not be vented.

No moaning from Me, will be at reading tomorrow supporting the boys, just a bit dissapointed thats all.

At the end of the day i support the club and the players and the Management team. Come on you whites!!!!!

I reckon that was a near miss

He's not worth that kind of money...but then again I think the transfer market has been inflated by this extra TV money

I don't think he's better than what we have. Diouf, Davies, Vaz, Helguson, Rasiak (in that order)

Not sure Lita would've added that much

nope... i agree moaning dont get you anywhere and we have just got to get behind the team now...

but the disapointment of losing a great player and getting somebody second rate cant not be vented.

Aye

I think it's been a poor show on the striker front, but I'm happy with the defensive signings and Iill be cheering on the whites with the other 400 hardy souls in Reading

We had a ?7m bid turned down - that shows our intention to get out of this position - but it may be a goer in the summer," Megson told The Sun.

I think the key will have been in the timing.If Megson put a bid in for Lita it will have been before the Cahill transfer went through.

and if Lita had been signed for ?7 million,Cahill wouldn't have been bought.

The bit about paying ?7 million for Lita in the summer is a joke.That won't happen.

We had a ?7m bid turned down - that shows our intention to get out of this position - but it may be a goer in the summer," Megson told The Sun.

I think the key will have been in the timing.If Megson put a bid in for Lita it will have been before the Cahill transfer went through.

and if Lita had been signed for ?7 million,Cahill wouldn't have been bought.

The bit about paying ?7 million for Lita in the summer is a joke.That won't happen.

=D>

Surely last minute bids are for clubs who aren't desperate?

I hope we don't go back for him in the summer, he had a half decent season last term- and now finds himself 3rd choice behind Kitson and Doyle. AND he seems to have a bit of an attitude problem..........leave well alone imo.
problem is the better or more expensive the player the less likely it is that they would want to play for bwfc so you end up looking at the cheaper end of the market or loan deals

Reading have denied that Bolton made a bid to sign striker Leroy Lita before the end of the January transfer window.

Reports on Friday claimed Wanderers boss Gary Megson offered ?7million for the England Under 21 star, but Royals manager Steve Coppell insists that is not the case.

"That just never happened, full stop," Coppell told Reading World.

"I've been saying all week that we've not had any bids.

"We had a few phone calls about players just asking 'what if?' but there was hardly any of that.

"It's all news to me, and I never got the call yesterday."

Reading have denied that Bolton made a bid to sign striker Leroy Lita before the end of the January transfer window.

Reports on Friday claimed Wanderers boss Gary Megson offered ?7million for the England Under 21 star, but Royals manager Steve Coppell insists that is not the case.

"That just never happened, full stop," Coppell told Reading World.

do you think he may have been reading autocue?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.