Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Was Convinced...

BWFC_LOVE

We'd be on television this Thursday. We weren't on last week, but I thought fair enough, we're the home side. Spurs and Everton are away.

But with Channel 5 showing Everton at home to some no mark Norwegian side, and Spurs hosting a match against the second best team in Prague live on ITV4, it just goes to show what the media think of us.

Not that I mind too much, as I'll be in Madrid, but it's absolutely scandalous. I've only seen Dioufy's goal again via YouTube.

Had either Everton or Spurs played Atleti, both channels would be fighting over the match. Granted, both are bigger clubs, but it's still a fcuking joke. How many tickets did we get at the Vicente Calderon? 3,000? So many fans missing out.

We'd be on television this Thursday. We weren't on last week, but I thought fair enough, we're the home side. Spurs and Everton are away.

But with Channel 5 showing Everton at home to some no mark Norwegian side, and Spurs hosting a match against the second best team in Prague live on ITV4, it just goes to show what the media think of us.

Not that I mind too much, as I'll be in Madrid, but it's absolutely scandalous. I've only seen Dioufy's goal again via YouTube.

Had either Everton or Spurs played Atleti, both channels would be fighting over the match. Granted, both are bigger clubs, but it's still a fcuking joke. How many tickets did we get at the Vicente Calderon? 3,000? So many fans missing out.

I believe a TV deal was offered to Bolton (home and away leg as a package) but Bolton turned it down as they wanted the home leg to be a much earlier kick off time and the club put the fans first. Shock horror :mellow:

How many tickets did we get at the Vicente Calderon? 3,000? So many fans missing out.

Supporters shouldn't be missing out on account of not having a ticket as there'll be plenty of room in the ground for anyone who doesn't mind sitting with the home supporters. The ground was only half full when they played Aberdeen. That said, i don't know why Madrid didn't give us the whole of the East Stand upper rather than just the block of seats along the top. We would have had around 6,000 tickets if they had.

Supporters shouldn't be missing out on account of not having a ticket as there'll be plenty of room in the ground for anyone who doesn't mind sitting with the home supporters. The ground was only half full when they played Aberdeen. That said, i don't know why Madrid didn't give us the whole of the East Stand upper rather than just the block of seats along the top. We would have had around 6,000 tickets if they had.

They probably gave us the bare minimum amount of tickets, 6000 thousand whites fans would have felt like a home game to us - and Atletico wouldn't want that <_<

Edited by Burndens Bogs

They probably gave us the bare minimum amount of tickets, 6000 thousand whites fans would have felt like a home game to us - and Atletico wouldn't want that <_<

But didn't Aberdeen take 5,000-6,000 supporters? Only half of them had tickets from Aberdeen so it would seem more sensible for Madrid to seat all the travelling supporters together rather than have a load of them in with the home fans.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.