Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Footage Of The Police In The Stadium

Andybwfc

Upto 24 seconds it's all madrid against madrid and/or the police, thats also what they say in the report. Afterwards it's bolton, later on they are saying A. Madrid are looking at a fine for what happened.

I can't see anything happening, they will say we had to act to stop the coins and bottles being thrown, but why didn't they do the same with group of 30 near the exit of their stand who continued to throw objects while the security officers in brown stood next to them.

Edited by skin

Upto 24 seconds it's all madrid against madrid and/or the police, thats also what they say in the report. Afterwards it's bolton, later on they are saying A. Madrid are looking at a fine for what happened.

I can't see anything happening, they will say we had to act to stop the coins and bottles being thrown, but why didn't they do the same with group of 30 near the exit of their stand who continued to throw objects while the security officers in brown stood next to them.

what sector was it and when in the game

we were in 522 and couldnt see it

This happens many times each year in Spanish European ties.

Why will UEFA do anything about it this time when they simply ignore it every other time.

Speak to any United fans, they have had it every time in Spain and Italy in the past.

Some joke of a fine (few grand) will be the puinishment.

If this had happened in the UK, there would be a European ban

Eventful trip to say the least which was in short marred by a combination of:

- disgraceful organisation

- brutal police who arrived wanting to fight

- some Bolton fans not realising quite how normal / minor provocation is handled on the continent

- a small minority of Bolton fans wanting to fight with the police / stewards / athletico fans

I started the night in the front right of 517 and so had a very good view of the way it panned out. Here's what I saw....

Arrived about an hour before kick off and headed straight up to our seats where I couldn't believe that there was no segregation from the Athletico fans and more than that we were actually mixing with / sharing the bogs with Athletico fans from that small section in front. As the match started there was a bit of verbals over a Real flag being paraded but nothing too much. As the ground filled it was obvious that there weren't enough seats and arriving fans continued to be pushed up the one staircase with the one steward directing fans up the staircase by the home fans with no seats for them to go to. A bunch of riot police appeared around the stairwell. A sign of things to come as a Dad confronted these policeman over the fact his son had been hit and that he had no seat. People around him told him to calm down but obviously pissed up he continued to shout in the face of the policeman and got more and more aggressive. Rather than just take him away a bunch of riot police suddenly drew battons and bundled him and his kids down the stairs in a heap.

Then after things had calmed down riot police suddenly waded in from the right with no provocation at all swinging at anyone in their way - mainly newly arriving people who other police had been directing in that direction. At this point my Dad and I headed away from the trouble and watched the game crushed in one of the other gangways.

At half time we decided to move to into the newly cleared section in front of 517. For about 30 minutes there was no trouble but looking to the right I saw a load of riot police grouping. At this point I grabbed my Dad and a couple of kids and started moving to our left. At this point I turned to see the police line heading in our direction and managed to get a bunch of us up over the railings. Didn't realise until I saw the youtube clip quite how lucky we'd been. A couple of people we'd been stood next were taking a right battering and I know for a fact that they had done nothing at all. After getting over the barrier one of the kids we'd pulled over started walking towards the police and got a crack over the head leaving him covered in blood. When I went to pull him away I got a crack for good measure too. After getting him to the medics we decided to get as high up in the stand as we could. I realised that the further you were from the police the better.

I'm not sure Athletico or the Spanish police could have organised the match any worse and they should be severely punished. As someone else pointed out, it could have all been avoided with some even half decent segregation.

Not a chance that any of these things would have happened at a British ground. I saw a bunch of completely innocent fans take horrible beatings but for Garthside to say that it was all unprovoked is completely wrong too. We had some complete idiots out there who looking for trouble and in the Spanish police they found like minded idiots who were more than happy to give it to them.

Not a chance that any of these things would have happened at a British ground. I saw a bunch of completely innocent fans take horrible beatings but for Garthside to say that it was all unprovoked is completely wrong too. We had some complete idiots out there who looking for trouble and in the Spanish police they found like minded idiots who were more than happy to give it to them.

I think that it was inevitable that there was going to be trouble in the East Stand. The Spanish police are just thugs, plain and simple but there were a number of supporters from Bolton who weren't just pissed, they were absolutely shit-faced before they even got to the ground. It was always going to kick-off at some point. The experience of the supporters in the West Stand couldn't have been more of a contrast. BWFC and Atletico supporters sitting side by side and a great atmosphere throughout.

I think that it was inevitable that there was going to be trouble in the East Stand. The Spanish police are just thugs, plain and simple but there were a number of supporters from Bolton who weren't just pissed, they were absolutely shit-faced before they even got to the ground. It was always going to kick-off at some point. The experience of the supporters in the West Stand couldn't have been more of a contrast. BWFC and Atletico supporters sitting side by side and a great atmosphere throughout.

We have had many fans shit faced at each and every Euro match to date. I am usually between tiddly and shit faced (even in Belgrade). This is the first trouble we have had. In my view the common denominator is the Madrid police. Bolton fans just want to drink and have fun and, in my view, want to have the locals join in. These cowards (Police) wanted their fun, as well. The trouble was, at our expense.

I can't imagine I will ever again go to Madrid, which is a shame, as I enjoyed the city over the 3 days. Pickpockets didn't help; it was as though we were under attack.

Just change Aberdeen to Bolton and it would seem you could write the same report <_<

Bolton and Aberdeen have had no problems for a dozen or so Euro away trips, funny how we both had problems in madrid. <_<

PS we had a few pints with some dons fans at Heathrow, they were en route to munich and we were on our way to madrid, they told us exactly what to expect - and they were spot on.

Bolton and Aberdeen have had no problems for a dozen or so Euro away trips, funny how we both had problems in madrid. <_<

PS we had a few pints with some dons fans at Heathrow, they were en route to munich and we were on our way to madrid, they told us exactly what to expect - and they were spot on.

and both will/have reported it to UEFA, lets see what happends (but I will not be holding my breath)

Edited by tyldesley_white

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.