Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

In 12 Short Months

We've gone from a respected "established" Premiership team that was hard to beat, and pushing for a UEFA place - to a toothless, spineless side that has now become easy to beat, and are looking increasingly likely to fill one of the relegation places.We've managed to "achieve" this freefall in 12 short months, in what is probably the weakest Premiership ever. How did this happen so quickly, and is it too late to stop the rot?

• Site Supporter
We've gone from a respected "established" Premiership team that was hard to beat, and pushing for a UEFA place - to a toothless, spineless side that has now become easy to beat, and are looking increasingly likely to fill one of the relegation places.We've managed to "achieve" this freefall in 12 short months, in what is probably the weakest Premiership ever. How did this happen so quickly, and is it too late to stop the rot?

We had a similar discussion post match yesterday. There are a number of reasons for this; the board not backing BSA (understandable and debatable from both sides), BSA taking his eye of the ball from mid season onwards last season, the departure of BSA, Little Sams disaster, sale of Anelka, not managing to replace Anelka.

Personally I don't blame Megson, I don't think he has done much wrong since his appointment (maybe Rasiak, but it was always going to be a gamble based on the fact there wasn't the available quality around)And I disagree I don't think we are toothless and spineless - maybe under Lee, but not under Megson. You don't get some of the results he has got by being spineless. The main difference between this year and years previosly is consistency. With all the changes that have been made both on and behind the scenes it isn't suprising we are lacking consistency. But to answer your question no its not too late. We can survive and move onwards (maybe upwards), hard for some people to see after 2 heavy defeats but nevertheless still realistic IMO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.