Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson In Shock Announcement

YATESY

Megson: We're missing Anelka

BOLTON boss Gary Megson concedes the club are missing the services of Nicolas Anelka.

It is nearly two months since Anelka left Bolton to join Chelsea for ?15m, and he remains the club's top scorer this season with 11 goals.

In the 10 games since his departure in early January, Bolton have found the net on just six occasions.

"We miss Nicolas, like any team would," admitted Megson, ahead of his side's UEFA Cup last-16 tie with Sporting Lisbon.

• Members

I really believe some folk give Megson an undeserved amount of stick for the Anelka sale. Fook all to do with Megson and I am 100% sure he would have preferred to have kept him and be mid table by now.

• Moderators
if helguson can stay fit, id be much more optimistic re our prospects

also, if taylor had scored just half his chances, anelka would have been long forgotten

agree

helguson is far beter than rasiak and would like to think he'd get in their first if fit

Big gamble selling Anelka and not getting a replacement

But if we stay up it will pay off as their will be better replacements available in the summer - it seems our best option in Jan was Jason Roberts but even he would have cost us a lot more than he's worth

Big gamble selling Anelka and not getting a replacement

But if we stay up it will pay off as their will be better replacements available in the summer

And if we go it will be the decision that has sent us down. (oh and also giving sammy lee the managers job)

Can't see "Poppadom feet" staying fit, shame though because he looked Ok last neet.

I think we all thought his season was over with after getting clattered by their keeper but for once he survived and looked OK.

if helguson can stay fit, id be much more optimistic re our prospects

also, if taylor had scored just half his chances, anelka would have been long forgotten

Agree. I think Helguson is vital to our chances of staying up as he does score given chances. Obviously we need goals otherwise we are certain for relegation! Nobody else will score enough in my opinion.

Taylor was and always will be a mistake; never mind how much we paid for him, he's falsely thought of as a decent player at this level. He smacks in nice, hard, early left footed crosses... but apart from that 'quality' he's woeful. How many chances has he missed? How costly are they proving? Don't waste your time defending him cos you'll only be embarrassed once you have to admit the same thing. He is a mistake!

Edited by Arnold Jackson

We only scored 9 goals in the 11 league games after he signed, too.

And how many did he score this season exactly.....while playing for a very sh?t team?

• Members

Getting bored with this Anelka boll0cks now. It is my understanding that he had a clause in his contract which stated he could opt to leave if a Champions League club came in for him and that's what he did. I know he stated otherwise but, if we had somehow stopped him moving, I supect his performances / goals per game ratio might have dropped right off. Water under the bridge - get over it.

Getting bored with this Anelka boll0cks now. It is my understanding that he had a clause in his contract which stated he could opt to leave if a Champions League club came in for him and that's what he did. I know he stated otherwise but, if we had somehow stopped him moving, I supect his performances / goals per game ratio might have dropped right off. Water under the bridge - get over it.

I agree with Bolty, the sale of Anelka had little or nothing to do with Megson. Ok, people are saying he should have been looking for cover as soon as he became manager knowing that Chelsea were interested but who could he have got in Jan? Nearly every name that was mentioned someone disagreed with. Only players like Defoe would have settled right away, people like Nugent would have been a huge gamble in Jan and if it went wrong we could have been counting the cost finically for a long time.

The reason we are in the state we are in is Sammy Lee who was naive enough to think adding a couple of below par players on the wing would make us the new Arsenal. We had to start again when he left with a squad low on confidence and without a galvanising figurehead such as Allardyce.

• Site Supporter
I agree with Bolty, the sale of Anelka had little or nothing to do with Megson. Ok, people are saying he should have been looking for cover as soon as he became manager knowing that Chelsea were interested but who could he have got in Jan? Nearly every name that was mentioned someone disagreed with. Only players like Defoe would have settled right away, people like Nugent would have been a huge gamble in Jan and if it went wrong we could have been counting the cost finically for a long time.

The reason we are in the state we are in is Sammy Lee who was naive enough to think adding a couple of below par players on the wing would make us the new Arsenal. We had to start again when he left with a squad low on confidence and without a galvanising figurehead such as Allardyce.

Absolutely spot on :good:

• Members

Christ, this is becoming like a hippy fooking love in! I have agreed with TonyCee and now with me mate Crawley. Who'd o' thowt?

If Trotter58 could post something vaguely intelligent, I might be up for the rare hat trick.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.