Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson - No Time For Scapegoats

Guest westmidswhite

Guest westmidswhite

Megson has stated THIS in the BEN

No time for scapegoats - Megson

By Gordon Sharrock

GARY Megson has told angry Wanderers fans that this is not the time to be looking for scapegoats.

There were chants of "Megson out" as the Whites were thrashed 4-0 at Aston Villa on Saturday, leaving them teetering on the brink of relegation after seven Premiership seasons.

Those fans are looking for answers to searching and serious questions, for decisive action and, ultimately, calling for heads to roll.

But the manager urged them to stay on side and play their part while there is still a mathematical chance of survival.

Protests and petitions are on the minds of many supporters but Megson has called for a united front at Saturday's home game against West Ham, which he believes could be decisive.

"We've got a huge game on Saturday and I know they'll turn out for that," said the beleaguered Wanderers manager.

"I know they are disappointed, I can hear it, I'm not stupid. We're not happy, they're not happy, nobody's happy.

"There's always blame and there always people looking round for who may or may not be culpable, but this is not the time for that.

"We're going to need everyone onside. We're going to need hearts on sleeves and have a right good go. We're going to need the supporters.

"I do feel sorry for them, when they are not used to being in this position.They are as frustrated as all of us but we need them onside on Saturday."

There are many who have been so infuriated by Wanderers' decline - from Champions League challengers last season to odds-on favourites for relegation - they are calling for major changes at the Reebok. They were unlikely to respond to Megson's rallying call anyway but Saturday's tame submission at Villa and gloomy prospects for the remaining games will have fuelled their anger further.

The only consolation was their nearest rivals Birmingham lost at Wigan but, with goal difference now a significant factor, Bolton effectively need to make up five points on Alex McLeish's Blues, with just five games to play.

And, after taking just one point from their last eight games, there is going to have to be a transformation of monumental proportions if they are to beat the drop.

Megson believes they can still make up the ground but his is philosophical about his personal future.

"What will be will be," he said. "I'm manager of a football club that's down in the bottom three. I'm manager of a football club that, when I arrived, was rock bottom.

"I like working at the football club. It's a terrific football club with a lot going for it, but also with huge problems.

"You're not down at the bottom of the table with five points after 10 games if you've not got problems and you're not down in the bottom three after 33 games and four points adrift if you've not got problems.

"You can't turn round and say that everything in the garden's rosy. It's obviously not.

"There are things that will take a little bit of time to sort out. But there are things that are more important at the moment that need sorting out - getting a win.

"Results decide what happens to football clubs, football managers, footballers.

"At the moment we've got five games to go and the focus is purely and simply on the West Ham game on Saturday."

BLEEDING IDIOT - LEAVE NOW TO GIVE US A CHANCE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i aint one for slagging folk off for the sake of it.

but if this ginger red ginger mentions one more time that we were bottom when he got here i will crush a grape.

he was bought it to do a job has nt done it, so we should now be able to get rid on the cheap.

• Moderators

dunno what it is, but when I read it, all I can hear is his weak soft balding ginger voice

particularly when I read lines like

"You can't turn round and say that everything in the garden's rosy. It's obviously not."

dunno what it is, but when I read it, all I can hear is his weak soft balding ginger voice

particularly when I read lines like

"You can't turn round and say that everything in the garden's rosy. It's obviously not."

No Sh*t sherlock.

And he can hardly use the fact that we have overtaken Derby as a positive.

Lets face it - he has come in and achieved nothing - FACT

He seems to take great achievement from the fact we have moved from bottom to 3rd bottom during his time in charge.

What he keeps failing to mention is that we climbed out of the bottom 3 for a significant period of the season but Megson (and Megson alone) failed to manage the club to remain out of the relegation places.

Give him a break!

How much is he getting paid to manage this team who have stopped tracking back, stopped closing

down, and are totally disorganised in basic defending. I couldn't take any more after the 4th went

in on Saturday, which was one of the softest goals we have conceeded for years.

I totally accept that he took over a shambles left by someone who should not have been appointed

manager and will never be appointed manager again. I thought the reason that Megson was brought

in to produce a team that would be organised and committed.

I honestly think he should have been sacked on monday morning.

Can't grasp how anyone would still come to the defence of Megson.

"What will be will be" oozes passion that does. Get this t?sser out of Bolton as soon as reasonably possible.

Edited by boothybwfc

Guest Muzzle
Can't grasp how anyone would still come to the defence of Megson.

Because someone in football must know why we employed him?

Look.

Bolton Wanderers has been one of the biggest parts of my life for nearly 30 years.

I could cope with losing Franky Worthington.

I coped with relegation to Division Two.

I then coped with relegation to Division Three.

I coped with losing 1-6 at Notts County.

I coped with losing 0-7 at QPR.

I coped with relegation against Aldershot.

I coped with losing 0-4 at Scarborough.

I coped with Wembley disappointments against Bristol City and Tranmere.

I coped with relegation from the Premier League twice.

I coped with losing to Watford at Wembley.

I coped with Barry Knight and Ipswich Town.

I coped with watching the most pi55 poor boring football I have ever seen at this club for the last 12 months under Allardyce.

Then came this season.

I coped with losing to the fat judas on the opening day.

I coped with Pompey, Brum and Derby away.

I coped with losing Anelka.

Then I went to Lisbon and this club took the pi55 out of every single supporter of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

Then I went to Wigan in the hope that the reason we threw the UEFA Cup was a correct decision.

Then I witnessed total capitulation against 10 men when 2-0 up.

Then I witnessed the most spineless, emarrassing fooking performance ever at Villa.

And Megson wants me to stick around?

Listen Ginger tw@ i'm sick of hearing your pathetic excuses, seeing footballers who were technically very good this time last year turned to shyte by your clueless coaching. You and Gartside are the reason we are not only heading to the Championship, but are biting the hands that feed you.

I will not pay money to watch Bolton Wanderers Football Club again until you leave MY club.

Guest Muzzle

I guess Megson may say you are lacking passion and support then........I am waiting for that little ditty to appear from him

Guest Muzzle
Just like Megson lacks passion and support for the second most prestigious cometition in european football.

The man is a bell end.

I think that is quite restrained...as a bell end still has a use.

Megson is a football dinosaur, and should be transfered to the annals of football history.

Look.

Bolton Wanderers has been one of the biggest parts of my life for nearly 30 years.

I coped with watching the most pi55 poor boring football I have ever seen at this club for the last 12 months under Allardyce.

Then came this season.

Then I went to Lisbon and this club took the pi55 out of every single supporter of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

Then I went to Wigan in the hope that the reason we threw the UEFA Cup was a correct decision.

Then I witnessed the most spineless, emarrassing fooking performance ever at Villa.

Listen Ginger tw@ i'm sick of hearing your pathetic excuses, seeing footballers who were technically very good this time last year turned to shyte by your clueless coaching. You and Gartside are the reason we are not only heading to the Championship, but are biting the hands that feed you.

I will not pay money to watch Bolton Wanderers Football Club again until you leave MY club.

Clearly im not as old as you but i agree 100% i have a season ticket and if work allows me i will go to the last two games, but away games are out the question anymore for me now and i will hold fire on my renewal of my season ticket till i know what is happening with my beloved bolton! which to be fair i think we all know what is going to happen there!!!

Grow some balls Davies and oust the terrible two for the 19.000 real bolton fans you owe it us!!!

</B>

No Sh*t sherlock.

And he can hardly use the fact that we have overtaken Derby as a positive.

Lets face it - he has come in and achieved nothing - FACT

you forgot to mention fulham as well is that not a positive

ok i get mi coat

• Site Supporter
Grow some balls Davies and oust the terrible two for the 19.000 real bolton fans you owe it us!!!

Not picked up on the fact that BWFC is no longer about what the (your quote) "19,000 real Bolton fans" want. It's more about how many they can get behind the windows and how many meals and bottles of wine will be sold. Roll-over hot dogs are for the peasants! Davies, therefore, owes us nowt!

Look.

Then came this season.

I went watching Leigh at the Giant Axe in a pre season match, and we got snotted.

I went watching Leigh at the Giant Axe in a pre season match, and we got snotted.

That's unusual for RMI to get snotted this season isn't it? :rofl: :rofl:

The Giant Axe is where you'll find me on Saturday afternnons now until that Ginger Cretin goes.

Except the Sunderland game. I want to see him and Gartside squirm as we pi55 8 years hard work and progress down the toilet.

That's unusual for RMI to get snotted this season isn't it? :rofl: :rofl:

The Giant Axe is where you'll find me on Saturday afternnons now until that Ginger Cretin goes.

Except the Sunderland game. I want to see him and Gartside squirm as we pi55 8 years hard work and progress down the toilet.

Just looking forward for the Kendal v Leigh game next season.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.