Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson - No Time For Scapegoats

Guest westmidswhite

Us Lancastrians hate Kendal.

And Morecambe.

And Barrow too.

And there's a bit of history with Southport.

Anyway, get back on topic before the mods tell us off.

Dont knock Barrow, went watching them against Alfreton on Saturday, playing good football, anyway away from the subject, watching Leigh v Burscough tomorrow, in a Lancs Derby.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And Megson wants me to stick around?

Listen Ginger tw@ i'm sick of hearing your pathetic excuses, seeing footballers who were technically very good this time last year turned to shyte by your clueless coaching. You and Gartside are the reason we are not only heading to the Championship, but are biting the hands that feed you.

I will not pay money to watch Bolton Wanderers Football Club again until you leave MY club.

Thats all well and good but megson doesn't say he wants you to stick around, he said he knows the supporters will turn up and if you do then he wants you to get behind the team instead of getting on their backs.

I feel that a lot of fans are letting emotion get in the way of facts, i'm not sticking up for megson because some of his decisions (subs and tactics) have been poor, but there

are a number of things that have contributed to our situation.

1) We've been punching above our weight for years.

2) Things were on the slide when allardyce was here.

3) We have some world class players who aren't doing the business

4) The fans are shit and dont get behind the team (at home), many leaving early or not turning up.

5) Removing Sammy Lee when we did, did a lot of damage. Change takes time and then to undo it takes more time.

6) Megson has only had one transfer window, and to be fair made some decent signings (rasiak apart, but i think that was lack of options), but hasn't had time

to sort all the problems the club had before he got here.

7) There has been a lack of confidence since allardyce went.

8) There was no goalscorer worth buying in january that was, within budget, good enough and willing to come.

9) Probably more that I can't think of.

Should we get relegated, Megson might be the man to get us back up, if everyone gets on his back we could end up relegated and end up with a manger that isn't good enough for the championship. If we stay up then I don't believe Megson is the man for the job. Megson has to take his share of responsibility for the present situation, but so do the players, coaching staff, board and the fans. It seems every one is putting the blame solely on Megson and Gartside. Slating them both isn't going to help in our current situation, if you want to get on their backs then wait until we are relegated (to be honest you wont have to wait that long), until then support them.

If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem.

Hopefully off to Chorley tomorrow night. They've been fighting relegation all season too. but when I've seen them they still try to play passing football with two strikers. And they reached the final of the Lancashire Trophy, against Southport (though they lost).

They're obviously clueless about 'proper' football, huh. We'd better send Megson over there.

<_<

Thats all well and good but megson doesn't say he wants you to stick around, he said he knows the supporters will turn up and if you do then he wants you to get behind the team instead of getting on their backs.

I feel that a lot of fans are letting emotion get in the way of facts, i'm not sticking up for megson because some of his decisions (subs and tactics) have been poor, but there

4) The fans are shit and dont get behind the team (at home), many leaving early or not turning up.

5) Removing Sammy Lee when we did, did a lot of damage. Change takes time and then to undo it takes more time.

6) Megson has only had one transfer window, and to be fair made some decent signings (rasiak apart, but i think that was lack of options), but hasn't had time

8) There was no goalscorer worth buying in january that was, within budget, good enough and willing to come.

Should we get relegated, Megson might be the man to get us back up, if everyone gets on his back we could end up relegated and end up with a manger that isn't good enough for the championship. If we stay up then I don't believe Megson is the man for the job. Megson has to take his share of responsibility for the present situation, but so do the players, coaching staff, board and the fans. It seems every one is putting the blame solely on Megson and Gartside. Slating them both isn't going to help in our current situation, if you want to get on their backs then wait until we are relegated (to be honest you wont have to wait that long), until then support them.

I agree with most of that, and I believe that Megson should be able to get us back up. But we then become a yo-yo again until we can find someone who can move us forward again. It is so easy to destroy 8 years hard work and progress as we have found out this season.

I can handle pretty much everything that has happened this season, but the things which have really got under my skin is the ripping off of the thousands who travelled to Lisbon and the surrender at Wigan. Those four days have defined the entire season for me.

4) The fans are shit

5) Removing Sammy Lee when we did, did a lot of damage.

10) Should we get relegated, Megson might be the man to get us back up,

11) If your not part of the solution then your part of the problem.

1) Always love this one. Given that Swansea, Luton, Leeds, Brighton, Huddersfield & Millwall are all in League-1 and Milton Keynes, Bradford City & Grimsby are in League-2 ..... where exactly should BWFC be in order not to be "punching above our weight" ? Why not continue punching above our weight - like Blackburn, Pompey, Brum, Reading ?

3 & 4) "World class players who aren't doing the business" but "the fans are shit". Interesting. Not 'world class players who are shit' and 'fans who are nor doing the business', huh ?

5) And what further damage would Sammy Lee have done if left in charge for longer ? Since he had no management experience, how can you possibly know he had the skills to turn the tide ? He was appointed for continuity and promptly threw continuity out the window. 'Nuff said.

8) Not a single goalscorer available on loan or to buy in January that would have been better then Rasiak or (effectively) no-one ? What was the budget, given we'd sold Anelka already and were allegedly trying to save our Premiership skins (conservatively valued around ?30m-?40m) ?

10) Coz he did it once for WBA ? What about his doings at Nottm Forest & Leicester ?

11) The problems are all within the Reebok management and playing staff. Don't try to palm them off onto the long-suffering paying fans. That's an old old trick of the club's. The fans pay, the owner stands to make a profit, the chairman is paid, the players are paid, the fans pay ! End of.

I think it is a little harsh to call him a coward but you are spot on that he is not a leader.

He blames other people when things go wrong which is why he has ended up falling

out with every club he has been at. His performance at Notts Forest was awful and at

Leicester he had already lost the crowd even though he had only been there 2 minutes.

1) Always love this one. Given that Swansea, Luton, Leeds, Brighton, Huddersfield & Millwall are all in League-1 and Milton Keynes, Bradford City & Grimsby are in League-2 ..... where exactly should BWFC be in order not to be "punching above our weight" ? Why not continue punching above our weight - like Blackburn, Pompey, Brum, Reading ?

3 & 4) "World class players who aren't doing the business" but "the fans are shit". Interesting. Not 'world class players who are shit' and 'fans who are nor doing the business', huh ?

5) And what further damage would Sammy Lee have done if left in charge for longer ? Since he had no management experience, how can you possibly know he had the skills to turn the tide ? He was appointed for continuity and promptly threw continuity out the window. 'Nuff said.

8) Not a single goalscorer available on loan or to buy in January that would have been better then Rasiak or (effectively) no-one ? What was the budget, given we'd sold Anelka already and were allegedly trying to save our Premiership skins (conservatively valued around ?30m-?40m) ?

10) Coz he did it once for WBA ? What about his doings at Nottm Forest & Leicester ?

11) The problems are all within the Reebok management and playing staff. Don't try to palm them off onto the long-suffering paying fans. That's an old old trick of the club's. The fans pay, the owner stands to make a profit, the chairman is paid, the players are paid, the fans pay ! End of.

1) Your talking about punching our weight in regard to league, i'm talking about the bigger picture, finances, attracting decent players...

3 & 4) Our World class players have the ability not to be shit, unfortunatly the majority of our modern fan base don't have it in them to back the team, sit in the WSL if you don't

believe me.

5) I still think he would have relegated us, but we'd be playing better football and in the same position. Teams had our long ball game sussed under allardyce, thats one of the reasons sammy lee changed it, megsons reverted back to it and look where we are. I think going back to methods that stopped working in the first place was worse than sticking by Lee.

8) Name anyone who fits in to the critera, scores goals, not overpriced, affordable, willing

10) Aye, the fact he relegated WBA once was enough for some to say he couldn't cut it in the prem (correctly), i dread to think the alternative.

11) Booing, chanting "megson out" and calling the players shit at every opportunity is going to help us beat west ham? Do what you will when we are relegated but at least back the

team until then.

I agree with most of that, and I believe that Megson should be able to get us back up. But we then become a yo-yo again until we can find someone who can move us forward again. It is so easy to destroy 8 years hard work and progress as we have found out this season.

I forgot to add get rid when we get promoted.

Guest westmidswhite

You are a bleeding idiot

Megson is the blame - poor tactics, unfit players, players unrest, lack of confidence after leaving the first team at home when we played Lisbon. no replacement for Anelka but letting him go (although that may have been forced on him)

He needs to go and SOON

You are a bleeding idiot

Megson is the blame - poor tactics, unfit players, players unrest, lack of confidence after leaving the first team at home when we played Lisbon. no replacement for Anelka but letting him go (although that may have been forced on him)

He needs to go and SOON

i agree his days are numbered however he is not the sole reason for our failings.

we have a squad packed with internationals and yet they can't score for toffee, defend basic set pieces.

professional footballers shouldn't need coaching on the basics.

Guest westmidswhite
i agree his days are numbered however he is not the sole reason for our failings.

we have a squad packed with internationals and yet they can't score for toffee, defend basic set pieces.

professional footballers shouldn't need coaching on the basics.

Agree totally but a good manager wouldn't be putting up with it. Steve Bruce would have kept us up

3 & 4) Our World class players have the ability not to be shit, unfortunatly the majority of our modern fan base don't have it in them to back the team, sit in the WSL if you don't believe me.

What a load of bollocks! If our players 'have the ability not to be shit', why shouldn't the supporters express their frustration when the players turn in one shit performance after another? Name me one other established Premier League club whose supporters would have put up with the sort of season we've had to endure?!

• Site Supporter
What a load of bollocks! If our players 'have the ability not to be shit', why shouldn't the supporters express their frustration when the players turn in one shit performance after another? Name me one other established Premier League club whose supporters would have put up with the sort of season we've had to endure?!

a slight exaggeration on wways? how odd...

im sure many clubs would have equally bad stories to tell about their club...

You are a bleeding idiot

He needs to go and SOON

I was having an adult, sensible debate about bwfc, not spouting shit, shouldn't you be in bed?

Edited by cbwfcd

• Site Supporter
3 & 4) Our World class players have the ability not to be shit, unfortunatly the majority of our modern fan base don't have it in them to back the team, sit in the WSL if you don't

believe me.

Cack, the atmosphere's non-existent all over.

The geordies, in fairness to them are undeniably a passionate bunch, but still moaned and voiced their dissatisfaction of the fare under Big Sam.

I go to everygame wanting to shout like fook, and do so at the start of every game, and still occasionally go home hoarse, but in all honesty, with some of the tripe on offer this season, I'd been better reading a fookin book for entertainment.

Not all of them have the ablility not to be shit but some do, diouf a prime example, at villa all he was interested in was blaming everyone else for his mistakes, trying to make it look like he is working with shit so he can get a contract elsewhere next year. Expressing frustration at the moment doesn't help, it might have done 10 games ago now is the time to get behind the team. If the crowd gets behind the players and we pick up 3 points at the weekend then you never know, we might stay up. Not that I'm hopeful.

Guest westmidswhite
Which would be sensible debate, not mindless abuse followed by making the same point over and over.

You are one of those guys that will put up with anything - how can you blame the fans and the fact that there were no strikers about - Boro, Brum and Wigan got better than rasiak - plus anelka was on a long term contract and could have been told he can leave at the end of the season

People like you are so annoying

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.