Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Highs And Lows.

High - I think the sofia/skopje and then Budapest/Belgrade trips for me. Domestic high was celebrating the last ditch equaliser at West Ham - thought that was the turning point

Low - was just 2 days ago!

High-Singing our hearts out in the Bayern Arena my Proudest moment ever being a Wanderer.

Lows-Arsenal.

High: 4 days in Munich on business not spending a Euro of my own money - topped off with an unbelievable result

Low: take your pick of two performances against 10 men. Nearly 150 minutes, totally inept and two losses that will see us relegated

Good: Munich away, Man Yoo home, Chelsea home, Wigan home, Pompey home, Madrid both legs.

Bad: Newcastle away, Pompey away, Derby away, Brum away, derby home, Blackburn away, Aris home, Braga home.

Ugly: Lisbon away, Wigan away, Villa away.

How exactly was Newcastle away a low-point? Unless you got your arse kicked in the Bigg Market.

Keeping a clean sheet and, actually, almost stealing the points in the "Return of the Messiah" was one of our high points if anything.

• Members

I wouldn't class the Newcastle game as a low - at the time I was delighted with Steinsson - but I reckon the 90th minute of that match was the turning point of our season.

Newcastle failed to clear a corner, the ball bounced up to Samuel 3 yards out, he cushioned it on his forehead, let it drop, and blasted it towards goal...

Damn Given / Harper flukily blocked it with his legs and Newcastle cleared.

Everything, including our luck has been rotten ever since.

If Samuel's shot had gone in I'm convinced we'd be safe by now.

Good: Munich away, Man Yoo home, Chelsea home, Wigan home, Pompey home, Madrid both legs.

Bad: Newcastle away, Pompey away, Derby away, Brum away, derby home, Blackburn away, Aris home, Braga home.

Ugly: Lisbon away, Wigan away, Villa away.

Why would Newcastle be bad ?

Best 2 away games have been Reading and Newcastle.

For me other goods include all the euro away games and United, Wigan and Brum at home.

HIGH,S 3 days in madrid probable never to be repeated wile that cunts in charge LOWS next season mid feb pissing down tuesday night away to blackpool the ginger red ginger

if megson still in charge then, will he be asked to wear a hat so he doesn't clash with blackpool's shirts ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.