Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Twiggys Son.

Has been selected to represent England at the World kick boxing championships in the Czech republic in August.

The lad is still at primary school and is chuffed to bits.

The downside is that he has to come up with ?2000 to pay for it.

He`s looking for sponsors to help him raise the cash, If anybody can help please PM me.

Twiggy will also have a sponsor form at the match tomorrow for anybody who wants to make a donation towards the cost(no amount too small).

Thanks in advance.

Mods can we pin this please?

• 2 weeks later...

i have recieved a list that uriah rennie collected at the sun'lan game..

he's asked if i can get the money in for him..

if you know your on it or even not sure can you get in touch..

ta

Edited by sir william of bearsville

clint-?10

mully-?10

c.poole-?5

phil flop-?5

christian-?5

jayc-?50

smiley-?20

colin.h-?5

cath gibby-?20

ivan-?20

arthur-?10

migster-?20

darren c-?20

zozzy-?15

rayvon-?5

danielle-?10

dannyg-?10

pud-?20

if you are on the list or are in contact with any can you get in touch asap..

Edited by sir william of bearsville

clint-?10

mully-?10

c.poole-?5

phil flop-?5

christian-?5

bobcat-?20

jayc-?50

smiley-?20

colin.h-?5

cath gibby-?20

ivan-?20

arthur-?10

migster-?20

darren c-?20

zozzy-?15

rayvon-?5

danielle-?10

dannyg-?10

pud-?20

sir william put me down for ?20.00 :drinks:

clint-?10

mully-?10

c.poole-?5

phil flop-?5

christian-?5

bobcat-?20

jayc-?50

smiley-?20

colin.h-?5

cath gibby-?20

ivan-?20

arthur-?10

migster-?20

darren c-?20

zozzy-?15

rayvon-?5

danielle-?10

dannyg-?10

pud-?20

8 people on this list have posted on ww..

can you arrange payment asap

• 2 weeks later...

Went up to Twiggys last night- there was an article in the Bolton News about young Sam on Friday. I asked how the sponsorships were going and its coming in 'dribs and drabs', a few companies have donated items to raffle off so if people are not in a position to sponsor please consider apporoaching your place of work for a donation or auctionable item.

Sam is a wonderful young lad and stays well adjusted despite his obvious success. Fair play to his family for supporting his dream to represent England, it takes a lot of dedication.

Well done young un !!

Just reading the original message - ?2000 seems very steep indeed. Guessing he can pick up cheap flights and accommodation - so where does the huge expense come from? Is it an insurance policy or something along those lines?

Hi Smiley i totally agree ?2000 is a shocking amount,it does include insurances which are expensive anyway because it is a full contact sport and also outside the UK, the England Squad travel as a group and stay in the same Hotel,also the championships run for 6 days in the Czech Republic from August 19th,i can only think that because it is high season and all costs rise when you travel to another country when a big event is taking place as we know only too well,I truely appreciate everyones support. A BIG BIG THANKS

When he was selected stood so tall with head held high and then when they mentioned the cost and we had to fund it, you can imagine how quick my chin dropped to the floor.

the article was published in The Bolton News on Friday 23rd May if anyone is interested in reading it:-

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/bolto...ngland_call.php

Hi Smiley i totally agree ?2000 is a shocking amount,it does include insurances which are expensive anyway because it is a full contact sport and also outside the UK, the England Squad travel as a group and stay in the same Hotel,also the championships run for 6 days in the Czech Republic from August 19th,i can only think that because it is high season and all costs rise when you travel to another country when a big event is taking place as we know only too well,I truely appreciate everyones support.

When he was selected stood so tall with head held high and then when they mentioned the cost and we had to fund it, you can imagine how quick my chin dropped to the floor.

the article was published in The Bolton News on Friday 23rd May if anyone is interested in reading it:-

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/bolto...ngland_call.php

Guest The Special One

right you lot, get your hands in your pockets, you know who you are, pm me and I'll collect

Guest The Special One
only stonesy has paid a fiver..

i'll bring the list tomorrow :aggressive:

i gave ?50 to twigster the other day

• 4 weeks later...

Just like everyone to keep you updated with Sam's progress leading up to the World Championships.

To add to his achievements, on Sunday (29th June) he became the new Welsh Champion 2008, he won the Welsh Open in Colwyn Bay, just need the Scottish now to make it a full UK sweep. :yahoo:

thanks for your support, superb

Twiggy

Just like everyone to keep you updated with Sam's progress leading up to the World Championships.

To add to his achievements, on Sunday (29th June) he became the new Welsh Champion 2008, he won the Welsh Open in Colwyn Bay, just need the Scottish now to make it a full UK sweep. :yahoo:

thanks for your support, superb

Twiggy

Cogratulations to the young man, hope he keeps up the good work.. :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.