Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Highlight Of The 07/08 Season.

• Moderators
Funnily enough, the most entertaining 2 matches were Pompey and Arsenal at home and we lost both!

Everton at home was also a good end to end game, which we lost

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goal celebration in Belgrade.

The whole trip to Madrid.

Boro away.

Funnily enough, the most entertaining 2 matches were Pompey and Arsenal at home and we lost both!

Lisbon week was the best in the season imo, closely followed by Macedonia week :drinks:

With you Sue and also taking my lad to the match for the first time, his enthusiasm brought me out of 9 years exile a tthe Reebok.

Same as Crew.

With the best times of my life being Wanderers dominated,the praying all through the ex's pregnancy that we would have a son,singing "Who's that coming up the hill boys"through her fat belly to him,the enrolling him as a Junior White at 6 days old,getting him in a BWFC suit in the Evening News newborn section,giving his middle name as Nat,taking him on walks down Manny Road and hearing his first words"Munich Bastards",the joy of my lad spending 90 minutes kicking empty plastic skiffs under the East Stand Lower on his first time at the Reebok, made me the happiest man alive!

BORN TO BE A WANDERER

for some bizarre reason i think mines derby at home, total route one football, hoof and head, 3 points, stelios kissing the ref, jumpers for goalposts....

and munich away for obvious reasons.

And another strange one, the playing surface at the reebok (no idea why thats a highlight but its been superb)

The winner at Belgrade for me....that trip was special....and the sight of a f?cking thousand riots coppers waiting outside for us at the end was summat I won't forget in a hurry :good:

At the Reebok the atmosphere's v the munichs, Wigan, Madrid and Sunderland were very, very good.

The winner at Belgrade for me....that trip was special....and the sight of a f?cking thousand riots coppers waiting outside for us at the end was summat I won't forget in a hurry :good:

Aye Belgrade:good: nice edge to keep you on your toes and that sportsbar with the riot police waiting outside - top trip

1, Skopje trip, being asked did we want a room with a fireplace or one with bulletproof glass. Roughest nightclub in the world, asked some dutch bird, "was it always so busy?" got worried when she said, "no, everyone just out to see the English." looked again and there were blokes everywhere looking at us.

2, Belgrade trip, going through airport security then ordering a beer and a sandwich. Asked for something to cut sandwich and was handed a 8inch knife. Also getting 4 bottles of lager into ground where everyone had them off me within seconds.

3, Munich, 2 bouncers trying to throw me out of the sports bar, for refusing to pay about 20 euros for 1 drink. A few lads off here stood up for me and told the bouncers too fook off. Next thing their 8 foot tall boss dragged one of them out in a headlock. 10 minutes later I left anyway as I was pissed. Cheers lads, you know who you are.

4, Madrid, jeigermeister on draught.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.