Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Allardyce

Eddie

Why? He won't make money from us and we're now more valuable. Doesn't make sense

He will make money when we're sold.

Another season on the premiership gravy train and we're even more valuable than we are now.

But to be honest I haven't a clue why it didn't go through.

• Members
I agree, we'll never again see an ego like that at the Reebok.

...and I'll agree with you if you'll concede that we are unlikely to see final league positions like that ego played a big part in generating. FFS, show me one successful person who doesn't have a big ego. Look no further than Ferguson or Mourinho.

Allardyce and his consortium are in london tomorrow for a meeting with gartside to finalise the deal the stumbling block has been gartside trying to hold out for as much as he can get,keep an eye on ssn tomorrow for the breaking news.

Allardyce and his consortium are in london tomorrow for a meeting with gartside to finalise the deal the stumbling block has been gartside trying to hold out for as much as he can get,keep an eye on ssn tomorrow for the breaking news.

I''l be glued to the screen :blink:

...and I'll agree with you if you'll concede that we are unlikely to see final league positions like that ego played a big part in generating. FFS, show me one successful person who doesn't have a big ego. Look no further than Ferguson or Mourinho.

I'm trying my best to agree with you. Allardyce was about as good for Bolton as Bolton were for Allardyce. I havent though given up hope of mingling with the upper members of Premiership mediocrity outside the top 4. I disagree that Ferguson or Mourinho ever put there egos before their club, Ok, suppose Mourinho did but it was funny.

Anyways, fook that lets wait for the news tomorrow... maybe the Blackburn situation has smoked this one out??

• Members
I'm trying my best to agree with you. Allardyce was about as good for Bolton as Bolton were for Allardyce. I havent though given up hope of mingling with the upper members of Premiership mediocrity outside the top 4. I disagree that Ferguson or Mourinho ever put there egos before their club, Ok, suppose Mourinho did but it was funny.

Anyways, fook that lets wait for the news tomorrow... maybe the Blackburn situation has smoked this one out??

:good: Near enough to agreeing. Aye, the management merry go round is off and running. I just worry that we should be involved in it. Hopefully, the ginger one will prove me wrong.

I'm no expert on finance, but why would Gartside be holding out for anything but a pay-off for being sacked? Surely it's Davies as owner that wants the best price for the club?

I smell bullshit

Again

Happy to be proved wrong though

I'm no expert on finance, but why would Gartside be holding out for anything but a pay-off for being sacked?

exactly, it will be pretty "cut and dried" what he is entitled to I would have thought

Guest Firthy

Bullshit

Ignoring the 'Bolton being sold' rumours ...

So City are paying Rovers ?5m compensation for Hughes, but Newcastle got BSA for nothing because he resigned from the Reebok in order 'to take a rest'.

And I wonder what the Rovers fans think of BSA becoming their new manager (possibly) : they didn't think much of BSA's style of football when he was with us. And they might lose all their backroom staff plus a couple of big (for them) players.

And a big ex Manu U idol to manage City - wonder how much time they'll give him.

All looks a pretty interesting time locally.

:blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.