Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Th'ities

Carlos

Yes.

You are factually correct. I heard so many so called "football people" on talksport this morning stating it was offside.

This slight adjustment was brought in to stop defenders stepping over the line to play forwards offside.

Would there be this debate if he had fallen into the back of the net after colliding Buffon?

Now if the ref had allowed to him to go off to recieve treatment that would be different.

Advantage to the attacking side. English refs take note.

Edited by Big_Girl_Oral_Explosion

You are factually correct. I heard so many so called "football people" on talksport this morning stating it was offside.

This slight adjustment was brought in to stop defenders stepping over the line to play forwards offside.

I'm not sure they've ever been allowed to do that.

Certainly, deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee's permission has always been a cautionable offence.

There's nothing (well, there are probably a few things) pisses me off more than having to folk on the telly who don't know what they're on about.

I'd have stabbed Chris Waddle in the eye if I been anywhere near him during the France-Romania game yesterday.

• Moderators

all good as it turns out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...008/7445476.stm

seems though the players don't even know the rules anymore, Kuyt said in the interview after they were all waiting for the flag to go up and were surprised when it didn't

even horse face has a good look round to look for a flag as he runs off celebrating

all good as it turns out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...008/7445476.stm

seems though the players don't even know the rules anymore, Kuyt said in the interview after they were all waiting for the flag to go up and were surprised when it didn't

even horse face has a good look round to look for a flag as he runs off celebrating

See, I can understand that a bit more.

I don't imagine he had any idea where Panucci was when he stuck out a hoof to deflect it in.

The plonkers on the telly don't have that excuse (though David Pleat was possibly too busy cracking one off over Dirk Kuyt to be giving the game his full attention).

Opens up a bit of a can of worms does this.

Understand player has to leave field "intentionally". Was Panucci injured or acting?

Ironic that it's RVN benefiting too. Player who's well up for a bit of gamesmanship - though he wasn't obviously.

Opens up a bit of a can of worms does this.

Understand player has to leave field "intentionally". Was Panucci injured or acting?

Ironic that it's RVN benefiting too. Player who's well up for a bit of gamesmanship - though he wasn't obviously.

A player has to leave the field intentionally if he is to be cautioned.

If he leaves the field accidentally during play he is still considered active.

I don't imagine he had any idea where Panucci was when he stuck out a hoof to deflect it in.

The plonkers on the telly don't have that excuse (though David Pleat was possibly too busy cracking one off over Dirk Kuyt to be giving the game his full attention).

:rofl:

• Moderators

Don't get me started on David Pleat, he was fcuking awful covering Portugal v Turkey, senile old c?nt. He called just about everything wrong.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.