Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Strange Places You've Met A Bolton Fan.

NZtrotter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a Wanderer with his Korean wife in an Irish pub in Seoul, O'Kims. And one in Hong Kong years ago.

Only seen one Wanderer so far in Singapore, would love to know if there are any BWFC fans in this neck of the woods. Place is full of glory hunters.

Devonport NZ. Its on an island about a 30 min ferry journey from Auckland. I was sat outside a bar and bloke came walking past singing " We are the one & only Wanderers " he'd emmigrated from Bolton about 6 months previous.

Disneyworld Florida: Ran into a Bolton fan on holiday from Horwich. We both had the same bolton shirt on.

Queuing for the ferry to Alcatraz in San Francisco Harbour with the missus, September '98, I was wearing my 50's replica shirt, and behind me in the queue was a bloke in the teale green away shirt. Saw him again at Brum New Street a few years later en route to Villa.

Disneyworld Florida: Ran into a Bolton fan on holiday from Horwich. We both had the same bolton shirt on.

You are either two thin lads or it is one big shirt.

when I lived in Leeds, I saw a tramp wearing a Bolton hat. I went over to ask him where he was from he replied that he was from Leeds and that he'd got the hat from a charity shop. I took it off him to save us any potential embarrassment, and got him a replacement. The hat really stank!!!

• Moderators
when I lived in Leeds, I saw a tramp wearing a Bolton hat. I went over to ask him where he was from he replied that he was from Leeds and that he'd got the hat from a charity shop. I took it off him to save us any potential embarrassment, and got him a replacement. The hat really stank!!!

Was it Undies? :D

Came out of a club in Worcester at 3am, only to hear someone screaming the Munich chant. Went around the corner and there was this guy off his face in our home shirt from 97/98 with Blake on back marching down the street.

Not too suprising given the situation but when I went to South Africa for the cricket we set our flag out on the grassy knoll in Kingsmead. This SA bloke who was sat behind us noticed it was a Wanderers flag so we got chatting. Turned out his grandparents where originally from Egerton.

Saw a chinese guy in Hong Kong with a Bolton Wanderers top on in 1996! I shouted over to him Bolton and he just looked at me confused. He hadnt a clue what i was on about .He probably only bought it cause it had reebok on it!

Met a couple in Goa earlier this year, they were both from Bolton, but have retired out there. He was a Bolton fan, he made me watch us get thumped by Liverpool as well.........which was a bit grim. But then we got leathered on beer at about 60p a bottle, so it wasn't all bad

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.