Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Au Pairs?

Sorry lads no salacious stories here!!

Just wanting advice from anyone who has ever used the services of an au pair to help with the home & kids??

Having worked out the finances I reckon we can save a lot by taking youngest lad out of private day nursery (?680 per month!!) and employing an au pair to help the missus.

I also work away a lot and would make me feel better to know they are at the house in cae of emergencies etc.

Any advice regarding agencies, do's/dont's or anything else I need to know would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jimmy.

Not of real help, but........

Just been in a big posh hotel for a fortnight and it was full of families with nanny's.

To a child, they were all horrible spoilt little snotty nosed badly behaved bastardchilds who stamped their feet if they didnt get at least 500% attention. Nanny, fearing a ticking off from the employers should Tarquin scream really loudly, gave in 10 times out of 10.

If Doris went back full time and we took Titch out of nursery we could afford the cheeky girls in french maid outfits. But I wouldn't, nor would I send them to private school either.

If you want your kids to be like this then go for it. If you want some kind of normality where your kids fall over and run to mum instead of nanny, then struggle on through.

Nanny, fearing a ticking off from the employers should Tarquin scream really loudly, gave in 10 times out of 10.

They should employ either of my sisters as nanny - neither of them give in to tantrums and will get any fussy eater eating properly within 5 days.

If you want your kids to be like this then go for it. If you want some kind of normality where your kids fall over and run to mum instead of nanny, then struggle on through.

Depends entirely upon the parent that one. One of the kids that sister A was looking after, years ago, told her "I love you ***** but I love my mummy more". Sister A felt both she & the mum were doing a good job!

However, most kids will run to dad as they know he'll be a soft touch ;-)

I will say, Jimmy, don't employ an au pair and expect to get a nanny. Two different jobs altogether.

I will say, Jimmy, don't employ an au pair and expect to get a nanny. Two different jobs altogether.

I can only afford an au pair, but really only need them to help my missus in a morning and maybe school pick up. My eldest is full time primary school and my youngest gets his free half days at nursery after Xmas.

We have grandparents who cover most of the week for the kids so the au pair would only really have to keep the house clean and the occasional afternoon with my 3 year old, which basically entails putting a Thomas DVD on or taking him to the park!

It would just allow Mrs JR to get into work at a respectable time and give a little bit of flexibilty if kids poorly etc

Not of real help, but........

Just been in a big posh hotel for a fortnight and it was full of families with nanny's.

To a child, they were all horrible spoilt little snotty nosed badly behaved bastardchilds who stamped their feet if they didnt get at least 500% attention. Nanny, fearing a ticking off from the employers should Tarquin scream really loudly, gave in 10 times out of 10.

If Doris went back full time and we took Titch out of nursery we could afford the cheeky girls in french maid outfits. But I wouldn't, nor would I send them to private school either.

Bang on, I'm sick of people wanting to 'buy' success for their children like money is a shortcut to everything in life. These people are usually inverted snobs who started off life skint got lucky and suffer instant anmesia the minute they open their bank statements.

I can only afford an au pair, but really only need them to help my missus in a morning and maybe school pick up. My eldest is full time primary school and my youngest gets his free half days at nursery after Xmas.

We have grandparents who cover most of the week for the kids so the au pair would only really have to keep the house clean and the occasional afternoon with my 3 year old, which basically entails putting a Thomas DVD on or taking him to the park!

It would just allow Mrs JR to get into work at a respectable time and give a little bit of flexibilty if kids poorly etc

Well that sounds as if you know what you're expecting and it sounds as if he/she will know what's expected too.

I'd just say make sure you give them a contract with the duties laid out (make sure it's legal!) and terms for dismissal etc.. and you'll have to pay tax & NI to the Inland Revenue. In fact, if you call the IR they may give you advice.

This answers a lot of questions re nannies, but it's prob the same for au pairs

http://www.tppsg.org/Articles/Childcare/Th...g%20nannies.htm

However, most kids will run to dad as they know he'll be a soft touch ;-)

Yip. Two Daddies girls. :pardon:

A theoretical debate came up about divorce recently and the eldest said immediatly that she'd live with me. Titch would go to whicehver let her eat worms.

However I can make both of them cry by just looking at them.

anyway

This is what you want

• Site Supporter

A theoretical debate came up about divorce recently and the eldest said immediatly that she'd live with me. Titch would go to whicehver let her eat worms.

However I can make both of them cry by just looking at them.

anyway

This is what you want

i can't believe you posted that on here....no,i can actually

what i want to know is how 2 shemales and their boyfriend is related video to German au pair in action

I was about 6 & my dad said that if No 4 was yet another girl, he was moving out to go live in a tent on the park. When No 4 turned out to be another girl, I got my bag and asked him when we were going... I was most put out to be told I was staying.

Mate of mine has a Romanian one, he pays her ?50 a week but she has a granny flat, gets fed, has use of some rather nice motors, goes on hols with them and thinks shes living the life of Riley sending monnaies back to the homeland!

Then again she skivvies round the house, chauffeurs us to the pub, looks after the kids, does the shopping, puts up with my letching and I'm sure she lets him shag her too!

Not a bad investment if you have an spare room/annex, I'm thinking of converting the shed for a Polish dwarf one but I fear I may have to put blocks on the pedals........

Mate of mine has a Romanian one, he pays her ?50 a week but she has a granny flat, gets fed, has use of some rather nice motors, goes on hols with them and thinks shes living the life of Riley sending monnaies back to the homeland!

Then again she skivvies round the house, chauffeurs us to the pub, looks after the kids, does the shopping, puts up with my letching and I'm sure she lets him shag her too!

Not a bad investment if you have an spare room/annex, I'm thinking of converting the shed for a Polish dwarf one but I fear I may have to put blocks on the pedals........

We thought about gettign one because of similar problems with flexibility and having no family around, we're paying around the same for the nursery but it still worked out a bit (only a bit mind) dearer. Also, and this is a personal preference, I prefer her to go to nursery and mix with other kids and she loves it.

I prefer her to go to nursery and mix with other kids and she loves it.

My word, I'm agreeing with Crawley again, for the second time in as many weeks! (I'm turnging into a raving Tarquin)

Children should be allowed to interact kids at nursery, playgroup or whatever, it will help them develop social skills at an early age. I'm sure that when children start proper school, those that have been to nursery and the such like are probably at an advantage to those who have spent most of their time without social interaction (I obviously have no facts to back this up, it's just my thoughts)

We thought about gettign one because of similar problems with flexibility and having no family around, we're paying around the same for the nursery but it still worked out a bit (only a bit mind) dearer. Also, and this is a personal preference, I prefer her to go to nursery and mix with other kids and she loves it.

All fine at the moment as nipper is at nursery.

God knows what we do next year when they start school and finish about 2.30 and have half the year off.

Having had plenty experience at the sharp end (usage) of both (nursaries and au pairs), I'd say au pairs win hands down. Out of about 5 or 6 I had, only 1 was a problem (didn't seem to understand the concept of no smoking) but most were a delight.

All fine at the moment as nipper is at nursery.

God knows what we do next year when they start school and finish about 2.30 and have half the year off.

I'm a bit worried about that but I've got another 3 years to mull that one over, plus I've just got a new job in Laaandan so we're going to move in the next 12 months, does anyone know if you have to put a kids names down at a primary school, and if so, how long before they start attending?

Oh and CWP, PM me I've got a lovely set of limited edition Olivier prints you might be interested in....

Oh and CWP, PM me I've got a lovely set of limited edition Olivier prints you might be interested in....

I'm still waiting for those cravates you promised me.

I'm also going to have some cous-cous for luncheon as well

:good:

Sold :good: , I've changed my mind.

Having had plenty experience at the sharp end (usage) of both (nursaries and au pairs), I'd say au pairs win hands down. Out of about 5 or 6 I had, only 1 was a problem (didn't seem to understand the concept of no smoking) but most were a delight.

Cheers Maarsh, any chance you can PM me how you went about finding them, getting references etc.. Thanks

Edited by JimmyRiddle

If you saw her coming out of the bathroom and showing a bit of snatch whilst giving you the 'f?ck me like a cockwhore' eyes, would you be tempted or would you be concerned about future blackmail.

I really do think you need to consider these things.

Cheers Maarsh, any chance you can PM me how you went about finding them, getting references etc.. Thanks

Sorry, by sharp end, I meant I was the child in that case. It was a fair while back now, but as far as I can recall my mother enlisted some agency, which sent various A4 info sheets on potential au pairs, and we picked one by mutual consent.

I think the point about mixing with other kids at a nursary really depends on age; I was 10 by the time of our first au pair, so buggered off where I liked after school anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.