Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carragher

trotter58

Anyone heard about this book of Carragher's? Doesn't want to play for England but he's happy to make money off the back of slagging off the England team and supporters.

'Whenever I returned home from disappointing England experiences one unshakeable, overriding thought pushed itself to the forefront of my mind, no matter how much the rest of the nation mourned.

"'At least it wasn't Liverpool,' I'd repeat to myself, over and over.

"The text messages of consolation I received on the coach included one from Kenny Dalglish.

"'I would rather miss for England than LFC,' I wrote back.

"I confess: defeats wearing an England shirt never hurt me in the same way as losing with my club. I wasn't caring or indifferent, I simply didn't put England's fortunes at the top of my priority list.

"Losing felt like a disappointment rather than a calamity. I was never in love with playing for England in the first place.'

Edited by trotter58

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

he doesn't slag them off in that bit, that's sort of how I am with regards Bolton and England

but that's as a fan, not a player, so aye, bit of a tw?t

does he mention in the book where he gets s?cked off by John Terry's mum?

or was it his mum who sucked off John Terry?!?!

either or, does it mention it?

If he wasn't bothered about playing for England then why not say so when he was picked? Why slag off supporters by calling them 'clueless' when they part with hard-earned cash to watch underachieving plodders like him turn out for England? To add insult to injury, he then publishes these comments to sell a few books.

Taken from the BBC website

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher's book reveals how Sven-Goran Eriksson offered dating advice to England's players when he said: "There's no need to have girls in the team hotel. If you see someone you like, just get her phone number and arrange to go to her house after the game. Then we will have no problems."

:good:

If he wasn't bothered about playing for England then why not say so when he was picked? Why slag off supporters by calling them 'clueless' when they part with hard-earned cash to watch underachieving plodders like him turn out for England? To add insult to injury, he then publishes these comments to sell a few books.

:good: ,Prick, was shite for England anyhow.

Anyone heard about this book of Carragher's? Doesn't want to play for England but he's happy to make money off the back of slagging off the England team and supporters.

'Whenever I returned home from disappointing England experiences one unshakeable, overriding thought pushed itself to the forefront of my mind, no matter how much the rest of the nation mourned.

"The text messages of consolation I received on the coach included one from Kenny Dalglish.

"I confess: defeats wearing an England shirt never hurt me in the same way as losing with my club. I wasn't caring or indifferent, I simply didn't put England's fortunes at the top of my priority list.

"Losing felt like a disappointment rather than a calamity. I was never in love with playing for England in the first place.'

With players like that pulling on the England shirt its time we got a team from the lower league, may not be as good but they will at least give their all and and care about doing it

Fook me if you think Jamie Carragher is an underachieving plodder no wonder nowt that happes at the wanderers pleases you

• Moderators

didn't glean that particular opinion from the quotes you put in

but aye

if that's anything to go by, it's no wonder we weren't in austria or switzerland this summer

Think jc been very good club player but never did it for england due to lack of chances by to$$pot managers of the national team.Can understand him having a pop at several people and issues but to knock the fans is a bit harsh, they done ewt to him.

He gained my respect when he lobbed a coin into the arsenal crowd a few years ago even tho it was a girls throw.

scouse tw*t :nea:

He's only saying what the rest of the England players are thinking. There was a time when playing for England was like reaching the pinnacle of your career, now such thoughts are reserved for players like Jimmy Bullard. Sadly money and greed cannot penetrate the game like they have done without affecting the National Team.

Its not just Carragher I dont reckon any of them give a shite anymore.

Everton fans may be very bitter, but everything I have read from his book is bitterness over-load!!!

Bitter about not playing for England, bitter about United and Fergy, and bitter about Everton and Everton fans!!

maybe it a Scouse thing

Jamie Carragher exclusive: I want to be Liverpool's manager.. I just hope Fergie's still around to be knocked off his perchBy Brian Reade 2/09/2008

The Liverpool skipper reveals why he has unfinished business at Anfield

There is one ambition more than any other which drives Jamie Carragher on: "To knock Sir Alex Ferguson off his f****** perch".

To consign Manchester United to a title wilderness, just as Fergie did to Liverpool.

And if he achieves it he doesn't want to be wearing a red shirt with 23 on his back, but a suit and tie.

Because although Carragher is confident he will win the Premier League as a Liverpool player, his real desire is to win it as a manager. And set up a new Anfield dynasty.

"It would be more of an achievement as manager because it would come about through my decisions," says the 30-year-old, talking in his restaurant Cafe Sports England ahead of the launch of his book: Carra My Autobiography.

"It's like the ultimate football man's dream to be better than Ferguson because he is the master.

"I just hope he hangs around long enough to wait for me."

If Carragher's desire to finish his coaching badges and set about the enemy as Liverpool manager comes as a pleasant surprise to Kopites, his motives may not.

The ambition to emulate Anfield's biggest bogeyman is not down to hatred - but respect.

"I've got more respect for Ferguson than anyone else in the game. He's like a Scouser, really.

"He's funny, doesn't mind telling people to f*** off, and he even votes Labour. I love him."

As the most high-profile convert on Merseyside, Carragher is well used to looking clinically at both sides of a tribal divide and telling it like it is.

That is why Evertonians will be shocked to learn how the one-time self-confessed 'Biggest Blue in Bootle' now wants to beat Everton more than any other side.

"Losing the derby is worse than losing any other game. My passion has gone full circle. I was made up on the first day of the season when Blackburn scored that late winner at Goodison. We were getting ready to play Sunderland and it gave me a big lift."

This from the 11-year-old who, when Michael Thomas scored the last-gasp winner at Anfield in 1989 to deny Liverpool the title, celebrated in delirious fashion, applauding lads who scrawled "Thank You Arsenal" on the wall of a Bootle pub.

"I was a total Everton fanatic right through my childhood and teens," says the defender who went on to play over 500 games for Liverpool.

"Everton controlled my life and dominated my thoughts 24/7. I went to the away games, followed them across Europe and in the mid-80s went to Wembley so often it began to feel like Alton Towers.

"When I talk about that Everton team I still say 'we'. Even when I was playing for Liverpool reserves I'd want Everton's first team to win the derby every time."

His change from fanatical Blue to passionate Red was gradual. The more he established himself at Anfield the more he found himself defending Liverpool against Evertonian jibes. But one incident signified the death of his Everton love affair.

In January 1999 after Liverpool had thrown away a lead at Old Trafford and were knocked out of the FA Cup by two late goals, he walked into his local Bootle pub The Chaucer, expecting banter but also sympathy. What he got was laughter and derision. "I was drained and demoralised that day and good mates didn't think twice about treating me like any other 'dirty Kopite'.

"And that did it for me. I couldn't take it any more. People who I thought loved me, were getting off on my misery. The penny dropped. I turned around and walked out.

"They hadn't done anything wrong. They were just being themselves and they're still my mates. But it was over. When I walked out of that pub I turned my back on Everton for good."

Any doubts he may have had about making the wrong decision vanished in the increasingly ugly atmosphere of the Merseyside derbies when mates like Steven Gerrard and Robbie Fowler were subjected to loud personal abuse.

"I hate what they sing about Steven and his family.

"It's disgusting and goes way beyond the kind of banter that's acceptable in life, not just football.

Robbie suffered the same type of scandalous taunts which really hurt him and his family. I'm not saying Liverpool fans are blameless because they're not. They dish out abuse during games with our rivals too. But it ends when the game ends.

"Evertonians spread the lies around the streets of Liverpool and chant them whether they're playing us, Reading or Portsmouth.

"I even hear it on the telly when they're playing away in Europe and I think that could be my family they're singing about."

Carragher has more reason than most players to demand respect for the family. When his mother Paula was pregnant with him, she was told he had spina bifida and given the option of an abortion.

The staunch Catholic woman refused, and the love she showed still moves Jamie deeply today.

"She was willing to bring up a disabled child. She was prepared to sacrifice her life for me. I owe everything I've ever done in the past 30 years to that decision."

does he mention in the book where he gets s?cked off by John Terry's mum?

or was it his mum who sucked off John Terry?!?!

either or, does it mention it?

Seem to remember it was one of Carragher's scally mates that was noshed by John Terry's mam. Wasn't it at the 2002 world cup or something similar?

Whats that got to do with how good a player Carragher is?

He'd walk straight into the 1st 11 at pretty much any club in the world.

Well since this thread is about Carragher and England i just assumed that you'd put two and two together. Then again maybe not.

With players like that pulling on the England shirt its time we got a team from the lower league, may not be as good but they will at least give their all and and care about doing it

Aren't England currently doing that by picking Beckham.

Seem to remember it was one of Carragher's scally mates that was noshed by John Terry's mam. Wasn't it at the 2002 world cup or something similar?

Was his brother Paul. Got pissed up with Terry's mum and ended up skull f?cking her.....Or something like that at least!!

Carragher is a ragging mercenary, making money off a book slagging people off. Hes confident of winning the title as a player with Liverpool? :rofl: Biggest laugh ive had for ages. His restaurant is called Cafe sports England but yet he cant be arsed playing for them? What an arsehole, hope somebody gives him what he deserves.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.