Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England

barryk32

Didn't see last night's game, haven't got shitanta, but when I have watched England recently, it's as though they are waiting for something to happen, perhaps waiting for the foreign playmaker that most of them have at their side at club level, to create something.

The Prem is great fun, but so far we have not seen the benefits for the national team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree about the rugby too. Blokes shedding a tear singing the national anthem. How it should be.

That game in Wales? The 4-1 drubbing at Wrexham. Mental day that was. Mancs and scousers going at each other all day. That useless stump Larry Lloyd played if I remember rightly?

Generally, I agree with you about the football. I would rather have 11 lads out there who would sweat blood for the England cause than the pampered tw@ts who get selected most often. Just giving up on the national team means we have surrendered to the same fookers who have ruined the game with their corporate hospitality, all seater stadia and face painted Englandfans.

the same fookers who sold the game to an Irish broadcasting company, the government should step in and put the game on BBC by law, oh I forgot were ran by the fooking jocks, what a fooking shambles England has become.

Andorra shouldn't even be in the competition. It's just a complete waste of time even playing them. Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and San Marino should f*ck off as well.

But they're countries in their own right same as silly places with no real football heritage like Wales & Scotland. We're quick to have a go at the EPL for only wanting the big boys in it. I hope you were fishing.

Andorra shouldn't even be in the competition. It's just a complete waste of time even playing them. Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and San Marino should f*ck off as well.

I agree, it is a waste of time

Faroes too

Or they should at least have some kind of staggered qualifying system.

But they're countries in their own right same as silly places with no real football heritage like Wales & Scotland. We're quick to have a go at the EPL for only wanting the big boys in it. I hope you were fishing.

The comparison with the EPL is ludicrous because teams at the bottom are capable of beating teams at the top but you may as well discount every single one of Andorra's results in this group because they won't get a single point and therefore their presence won't affect the final placings. If they want to compete then they should pre-qualify, so that some of the shite is filtered out before the real qualifying competition starts.

The comparison with the EPL is ludicrous because teams at the bottom are capable of beating teams at the top but you may as well discount every single one of Andorra's results in this group because they won't get a single point and therefore their presence won't affect the final placings. If they want to compete then they should pre-qualify, so that some of the shite is filtered out before the real qualifying competition starts.

There was no comparison and so to use the word ludicrous was, well, ludicrous. I merely pointed out the reference to immediately discounting the minnows. You initially said they were not to be in the competition, that is a far cry from a preliminary round system as mentioned by another poster.

I merely pointed out the reference to immediately discounting the minnows.

They shouldn't be taking part because historically their results don't affect qualification one way or another. These fixtures just clog up the football calendar. It's got nothing to do with them being 'minnows'. Northern Ireland fits that description but they have actually qualified for tournaments in the past. When was the last time that Luxembourg qualified for a major tournament?

Not that you can answer me but Norn Iron are the reigning British champions.

I would love to see the Home Nations cup come back(is that the right name for it)

as i think we were to young remember it first time around.

Would be great to play Scotland again ever year. :pardon:

Edited by M G WHITES

I would love to see the Home Nations cup come back(is that the right name for it)

as i think we were to young remember it first time around.

Would be great to play Scotland again ever year. :pardon:

The England Scotland game was the only game in the Home International Championship that got a decent crowd and made money. Also England wanted to play strong nations instead of Wales and Northern Ireland. Ironically Northern Ireland won the last championship and Wales were runners up. England would have liked to continue to play Scotland (provided the Scots supporters didn't break the goal posts at Wembley every time). They came up with the Rous Cup in which England and Scotland competed with another country such as Brazil but that didn't last long.

The England Scotland game was the only game in the Home International Championship that got a decent crowd and made money. Also England wanted to play strong nations instead of Wales and Northern Ireland. Ironically Northern Ireland won the last championship and Wales were runners up. England would have liked to continue to play Scotland (provided the Scots supporters didn't break the goal posts at Wembley every time). They came up with the Rous Cup in which England and Scotland competed with another country such as Brazil but that didn't last long.

I remember the Rous cup,England won the last one with i think Chile being the team from South America.

I know we have seen the last of the home Internationals but i would like the England Scotland fixture

to be staged once a year again.

I'm sat here, face painted up, watching us play the Rest of the World (if we win we are the bestest you know) writing a letter of complaint to the FA becuase Becks isnt playing.

En-ger-land!!

Piss taking fcuker :::lol:::

Sorry i forgot Corrie and emmerdale more your bag.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.