Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Association

Pea-Lad

Last night was the BWSA AGM and I was elected onto the committee.

Over a year ago. I and Big E were talking about the BWSA and asked, as many of you probably still do, "what does it do? What is it for?" To cut a long story short I said to him and others that I would get involved in the BWSA and eventually try and join the commitee so that I could try and help modernise it and make it more relevant to the majority of supporters.

Now I know I'm going to get stick for coming on here and being 'one of them' now, but I need everyone to know that the BWSA is changing. Albeit slowly - which I know won't please everyone. But we are making headway - the BWSA is building very close links to the club which I hope we can use and build on to help supporters.

With the clubs current attempts to 'win back the fans' (forgetting the current situation with Megson for a minute) the BWSA is currently in a fantastic position to try and make some gains from the club, and become an organisation that truely is representative of the supporters with the club having to listen to what is said. I think this is something the BWSA has lacked in previous years.

However, the biggest problem is that the actual membership numbers of the BWSA is pitiful. Without having the backing of supporters the BWSA can have no clout to any case they make to the club on behalf of the supporters. Similarly the BWSA needs to earn the backing of the supporters. I have not posted this on here today to try and recruit new members. That is the honest truth. I have posted this on here today to let people know that the BWSA is changing, slowly, but it is heading in a direction that I think far more supporters would approve of than it has in the past.

There is a desire to build a better and stronger Association for the supporters inside the new committee, and I for one want to push that through.

I know that this post, and I, will get a lot of stick and criticism for simply talking about the BWSA - but believe me when I say that we are trying to make it better. And to that end I am open to suggestions as to what would make you want to join the BWSA?

It is important that the BWSA has a large base of members to be able to promote the supporters views/ideas to the club. So yes, we do need people to join. But I am fully aware that people will not join up unless they can see that the BWSA is going to do something for them - that is what I am going to do my hardest to achieve.

So please feel free to email me on my BWSA email address : sponsorship@bwsaonline.co.uk if you want to talk to me further about any of this. I'll also be at the fanzone on Sunday if anyone wants to talk to me in person about what we are trying to do

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pea-Lad, if we have questions, how will we know it's you? Will you have a special rosette on?

Actually, I shouldn't take he piss, fair play to you for joining and want to change from within!

So, what colour will your rosette be? :D

Last night was the BWSA AGM and I was elected onto the committee.

Over a year ago. I and Big E were talking about the BWSA and asked, as many of you probably still do, "what does it do? What is it for?" To cut a long story short I said to him and others that I would get involved in the BWSA and eventually try and join the commitee so that I could try and help modernise it and make it more relevant to the majority of supporters.

Now I know I'm going to get stick for coming on here and being 'one of them' now, but I need everyone to know that the BWSA is changing. Albeit slowly - which I know won't please everyone. But we are making headway - the BWSA is building very close links to the club which I hope we can use and build on to help supporters.

With the clubs current attempts to 'win back the fans' (forgetting the current situation with Megson for a minute) the BWSA is currently in a fantastic position to try and make some gains from the club, and become an organisation that truely is representative of the supporters with the club having to listen to what is said. I think this is something the BWSA has lacked in previous years.

However, the biggest problem is that the actual membership numbers of the BWSA is pitiful. Without having the backing of supporters the BWSA can have no clout to any case they make to the club on behalf of the supporters. Similarly the BWSA needs to earn the backing of the supporters. I have not posted this on here today to try and recruit new members. That is the honest truth. I have posted this on here today to let people know that the BWSA is changing, slowly, but it is heading in a direction that I think far more supporters would approve of than it has in the past.

There is a desire to build a better and stronger Association for the supporters inside the new committee, and I for one want to push that through.

I know that this post, and I, will get a lot of stick and criticism for simply talking about the BWSA - but believe me when I say that we are trying to make it better. And to that end I am open to suggestions as to what would make you want to join the BWSA?

It is important that the BWSA has a large base of members to be able to promote the supporters views/ideas to the club. So yes, we do need people to join. But I am fully aware that people will not join up unless they can see that the BWSA is going to do something for them - that is what I am going to do my hardest to achieve.

So please feel free to email me on my BWSA email address : sponsorship@bwsaonline.co.uk if you want to talk to me further about any of this. I'll also be at the fanzone on Sunday if anyone wants to talk to me in person about what we are trying to do

no stick for posting about bwsa, we are all in it together, and anything to bring the whole of the club together must ba good thing

Do any of the women who are members there have big tits?

This could be an important factor for me.

We've been through this, how many times now? Big isn't always better. Indeed, a good sized tit is required BUT the shape is of equal importance.

So, do they have nice tits for the boys on here to look at and go 'oink oink' when they squeeze them?

We've been through this, how many times now? Big isn't always better. Indeed, a good sized tit is required BUT the shape is of equal importance.

So, do they have nice tits for the boys on here to look at and go 'oink oink' when they squeeze them?

FWIW it's more "honk honk" like an old fashioned car horn rather than "oink oink".

Agree and disagree

there are many beautiful breasts,indeed not many that aren't at least fantasic

women are lovely

Pea-Lad, if we have questions, how will we know it's you? Will you have a special rosette on?

Actually, I shouldn't take he piss, fair play to you for joining and want to change from within!

So, what colour will your rosette be? :D

Will make sure I wear a poppy on my wanderers shirt, that do you?

And regarding the breastage - something I'm working on! Until then, I'll get Big E there for you to fumble!

I agree. Anything bigger than a handful is a waste.

• Site Supporter

The lad deserves to be applauded for trying to give BWSA some credance within what we would call supporters. As long as BWSA, with Pea Lad's help, gets away from the perceived werthers, thermos and blanket group, I think we'll all feel better about it. You never know, one or two others may take note of your lead and follow your quest.

Good to see a few of you in the fanzone. Will keep you upto date with what we can do.

However, what looks clear from Sunday - it is going to be hard to convince people that the BWSA is changing so they are willing to join. Catch 22!

• Members
Good to see a few of you in the fanzone. Will keep you upto date with what we can do.

However, what looks clear from Sunday - it is going to be hard to convince people that the BWSA is changing so they are willing to join. Catch 22!

Borrow Widders' deerstalker, plus fours and boating blazer get up for the next match. That will convince folk the BWSA is changing.

Got to change that name too. Phoenix Knights :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.