Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Minute's Silence

Carlos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest squidgy66

On the 'live' bit Megson was shaking his head. I was annoyed at the time, but now fook em. Set of idiots. I don't care how pissed you are at a match, how much you are up for a sing song. There are things that are bang out of order

Guest squidgy66
oh dear! takes the gloss off what was probably the best result of the season so far.

Have you changed your pic love

:wub:

Heard it loud and clear on the radio unfortunately.

Had a text though from someone there saying it was people coming in through the turnstiles late in the concourse who had no idea the silence was happening.

That's exactly what it was, still no excuse though bearing in mind the fact that they got in with two minutes to go and there was no noise. How could they not know?

FWIW, the fans actually in the stand observed the silence impeccably.

Sometimes people are not aware that a minutes silence is happening whan arriving late at the ground? ... I can imagine some fans arriving in the stadium 'announcing ' their arrival with a triumphant "White Army"

... if they did know and they still sung then that's simply inexcusable. Possbily the most disrespectful thing you could ever do considereing the bravery of those being remembered.

I'm confident it was a genuine mistake

Sometimes people are not aware that a minutes silence is happening whan arriving late at the ground? ... I can imagine some fans arriving in the stadium 'announcing ' their arrival with a triumphant "White Army"

... if they did know and they still sung then that's simply inexcusable. Possbily the most disrespectful thing you could ever do considereing the bravery of those being remembered.

I'm confident it was a genuine mistake

Probably. But a fecking stupid and embarrassing one. Made us look like tw@ts.

Edited by chief wiggum

I was stood for the minutes silence near the tunnel and it was blatantly obvious the people in the concourse were oblivious to it. I was gutted but thought 'it aint their fault, they didnt know'. It was embarassing though :pardon:

that was definately the case, however there was one guy in the stand who was so pissed he didn't know the silence had started. He realised striahgt away though and he looked really embarrassed so it was pretty clear he didn't know.

Whoever was singing White Army during the minute's silence, I hope you die.

I agree. If it was a genuine mistake buy lads on the concourse who came on late, then fair enough. It sounded like some young lads about 10 rows behind me though joined in though? f?cking scumbags. Oh well... 3 points!! i'm a happy man.

I agree. If it was a genuine mistake buy lads on the concourse who came on late, then fair enough. It sounded like some young lads about 10 rows behind me though joined in though? f?cking scumbags. Oh well... 3 points!! i'm a happy man.

I'd love to meet them for a drink.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.