HomerJay

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?500K a week :shok:

This now is getting very silly.

Off BBC website:

Manchester City have opened talks with Italian side AC Milan over the transfer of their Brazilian playmaker Kaka, BBC Radio 5 Live understands.

A report on Mediaset, a website of Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi, says City want Kaka "at all costs".

A delegation from City has reportedly met with their Milan counterparts.

It is reported that the Eastlands club have tabled a bid of ?100m and are willing to pay the 26-year-old about ?500,000 a week.

The current record for a player's signature is ?46m when France's Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001.

Kaka joined Serie A giants Milan from Sao Paulo in 2003 and has since won the league title, Champions League and Club World Cup.

The attacking midfielder has also picked up the Ballon d'Or and Fifa World Player of the Year awards in 2007.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, estimated to be worth ?15bn, took over as City owner in September 2008 and extensive funds have been made available to manager Mark Hughes. 606: DEBATE

Man City fans - get real. Signing Kaka is like signing Ronaldo + Messi

ansimall

However, he has only secured the services of Wayne Bridge in January's transfer window, with bids rejected for West Ham forward Craig Bellamy and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.

The four-man delegation who travelled to Italy to initiate talks with the Milan officials is reported to include executive chairman Garry Cook and two representatives of the Sheikh.

BBC Radio 5 Live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis says the reported move underlines Sheikh Mansour's "desire to transform Man City", although he added "actually pulling off what would be an incredible coup is another matter entirely".

With the club struggling in 15th position in the Premier League, it would give the club an incredible boost if they were to seal the deal for one of the world's best players.

Having started his career with Sao Paulo where he scored 58 goals, Kaka moved to Milan for ?5m and has scored 86 goals in 244 appearances.

Kaka is on a contract at the San Siro until 2013 and although he stated in February that he wanted to remain at Milan for the rest of his career, he did hint at a desire to play in the Premier League - a division he has described as the "best championship in the world".

I can't make my mind up on this one -

Part of me wants Citeh to fail miserably after spending Billions

The other part of me wants them to piss all over Man U for decades

Hmmmm, descisions descisions.

Well if both of them were in the Championship, you wouldn't have a dilemma -so you need to wish for that

No choice whatsoever for me. In fact, MU need reminding on Saturday that they are the 2nd biggest club in Manchtheir area.

It pains me to stick up for the red filth but they're clearly not though.

whilst they have lots of fans outside manchester there's plenty more within the city boundary.

As for Kaka i hope he comes and has 36 fantastic games and 2 stinkers against us

• Moderators
I can't make my mind up on this one -

Part of me wants Citeh to fail miserably after spending Billions

The other part of me wants them to piss all over Man U for decades

Hmmmm, descisions descisions.

trust me, it's the former

they are more insufferable than a devon based utd fan

trust me, it's the former

they are more insufferable than a devon based utd fan

I'm with Zico on this one. There is a Man U fan from Wolverhampton in my office and you have to just write these people off - they are not real football fans. The Massives from Manchester are far more annoying.

I'm with Zico on this one. There is a Man U fan from Wolverhampton in my office and you have to just write these people off - they are not real football fans. The Massives from Manchester are far more annoying.

You always used to get one or two City fans that were the original Manchester Big Mouths, but now it seems most of them are like that. Unfortunately you can't ignore them if you have to go to Manchester, a bit like getting chewing gum stuck on your soles walking across Piccadilly.

On Kaka, I see it as ?100 million going out of the English game if it replaces buying the Craig Bellamys of this world where West Ham might spend a bit more on their Academy.

On Kaka, I see it as ?100 million going out of the English game if it replaces buying the Craig Bellamys of this world where West Ham might spend a bit more on their Academy.
Any money West Ham get will be going straight to the owner of the club I would have thought, not to academy players

• Moderators

Just been emailed this from a mate, presumably started off from a utd fan, most amsuing:

I have come across dialogue between Man City and AC Milan superstar Kaka. Unfortunately I only have the script from the City end but I think it is clear for all as to the total content:

"Hello, is that Kaka? How do you fancy becoming the supply line to Craig Bellamy and Darius Vassell this winter?

"No, your fellow countryman doesn?t like the cold and will be out until mid April - but you will play alongside Stephen Ireland"

"No, Kaka, Ireland is a person not a country"

"yes, I fully appreciate that he is not Ronaldinho, Pirlo or even Beckham but many fans have him in their fantasy football"

"I know you are currently the richest man in Italy but we can double it!"

"erm, well, we have had a bit of a slide recently and we are currently 15th"

"erm, out of 20...... but Mark Hughes once won the double for our neighbours"

"Hughes"

"Ex Blackburn boss"

"Blackburn, Blackburn Rovers"

"No, Blackburn......Black.....Burn"

"HUGHES man, HUGHES!!!"

"He once scored a good goal against Spain"

"No, thats Gerry Armstrong..... anyway, are you coming or not?"

"Usually about two thirds full but if we play a big team its really rocks"

"yes I know, but we dont even have a car park cos all the fans walk to the ground they are so local"

"Relevance? well, I suppose its all they have to brag about whether its true or not"

"Only the one to be fair but its called 'blue moon' you will love it"

"Blue"

"yes, definitely blue, always has been"

"No, no, no, they are in Trafford"

"yes they are, steeped in it in fact but what good is history to you my ambitious friend?"

"erm, 1976 I think"

"it was the er, the er League cup if memory serves me right"

"Well, the plan was to get in the top 4 this season and then....."

"yes, I realise that but....."

"Aston Villa? Whats it got to do with them?"

"Yes, I know but we have been down this history route already"

"How the heck does a Brazilian playing in Italy know about Nottingham Forest?"

"Yes, yes, and Leeds United also made a final but you are missing my point, this is all about the future"

"Give me strength......HUGHES!!!!"

"yes I know he did and he was a legend there but he is a changed man"

"forget them, they are falling apart"

"But all those trophies were won last year! They have won nothing in 2009"

"I have told you.... 1976!!!!"

"How the heck does a Brazilian playing in Italy know that Virginia Wade has won Wimbledon since then?"

"Yes she probably is in her 60's"

"I dont know, probably about 10 league titles, 2 european cups and countless domestic cups what has that got to do with it?"

"76,000 why?"

"yes, every game, even minor cups I suppose, but where is this getting us?"

"Yes, the league cup is considered a minor cup over here why?"

"I know, I know, I know, ok perhaps they won the FA Cup in 1970 or something does it really matter?"

"look, Kaka, we will treble whatever you are on now, buy you a mansion in Alderley Edge and give you a helicopter for your front lawn....are you joining us?"

"NO!, its owned by the council - what has the ground got to do with anything"

"well, officially its the city of manchester stadium but most people call it Eastlands"

"EAST!, not Waste"

"You will be adored there"

"No, not there, here I meant"

"No, thats Old Trafford, I meant adored here at Waste....erm, Eastlands"

"Anderson??? what does he know?"

"Ok I hear what you say, but other than Pride, Ambition, Achievement, History, Passion and a large car park - what can they offer you?"

"what do you mean no credit left in your phone.....I phoned you"

"Hello, Mr Kaka,...... Mr Kaka are you there?............................YOU RED B*ST*RD!!!!!"

They said they are willing to pay 500k a week - that has to be a joke. !!

Probably not.

I'm looking forward to ManU, Chelski, Arse & 'Pool all trying to keep up with Citeh ........ then it going t*ts up financially for all of them. That's my dream anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.