City Open Talks With Kakao

HomerJay

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 107 million.

Fu.cking cheap bastards!

IMO it won't be the transfer bid that will be the problem for City. They will throw money at them until they accept. It's persuading Kaka to leave one of the best clubs in the world, to join the 15th best in England that will be their problem.

The question is, how money motivated is Kaka?

"Kaka deal done, says owner

by Anil BhoyrulThis, on Friday, 16 January 2009

Manchester City owner His Highness Sheikh Mansour has told friends that Brazialian superstar Kaka has signed for the club, Arabian Business can reveal.

Sheikh Mansour is understood to have told his advisors at 6pm Dubai time that Kaka had accepted the terms of the world record transfer to Manchester City from AC Milan. The deal, worth well over $150 million, is more than three times higher than the previous richest transfer in soccer history, and will also make Kaka the highest paid footballer ever with wages of over $500,000 per week.

Sheikh Mansour bought the club last September, and has already broken the British transfer record with the $50millon signing of Brazilian Robinho."

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/543787-kaka-accepts-city-deal

Apparently it's a done deal. Unbelievable.

Edited by xxxxxx

Not saying they are wrong, but this arabianbusiness said City had pulled out yesterday and had signed another striker from Serie A.

hughes was on tellyu last night saying there a lot of people claiming to represent the owners of city most are just hangers on trying to big themselves up.

Football as we know it and have enjoyed will be officially dead if this transfer happens - English Premier League and English Football in genereal RIP

Its a sad day.

Is that what you truely believe or are you just being dramatic?

I agree its ridiculas amount of money to pay but i think that all it will do is make the true superstars out of reach of the mass of clubs, the rest of us will be left to compete for the rest of the pool of players.

Which is just the way it is now so i carnt see anything changeing for the likes of Bolton just that certain clubs will move further away (gap wise) with regards to leauge tables.

Edited by ringer

the proof that man city have more money than sense

From BBC

Manchester City have made an official bid to sign Hamburg midfielder Nigel de Jong, according to the German club.

De Jong's contract contains a clause that would allow him to leave in the summer for ?1.8m, but City have reportedly bid ?13.3m to buy him now.

itll happen

and then its gerrard and ronaldo

why the fcuk would it not be

we're talking ridiculous amounts of money here

maybe, when there is just so much money, when it becomes irrelevant, it reverts to football being important

• Site Supporter
itll happen

and then its gerrard and ronaldo

why the fcuk would it not be

we're talking ridiculous amounts of money here

i dint beleive it last week but now it seems it will.

to be honest, i cant wait to see kaka in the prem, for ANY team.

Best thing to happen to the game in years IMHO

The bleating that will come from the established big clubs will be sufficient to instiage discussion about salary caps.

Needs something daft to happen to prompt discussion about the future of the game.

I'm quietly hopeful.

Aye, this will just bring about the top clubs forcing through a salary cap.

I'm all for a salary cap, but it should be based on what the poorest team can spend not the richest, that way every one is on a level playing field.

Its no good let the top 4 clubs plus now city say well we can afford x amount on salary which will be 3 or 4 time waht the rest of the teams can support, if that was done their would be no point

I'm all for a salary cap

I'm not keen on the idea of a salary cap, people should be able to earn whatever they are able to, it's not for anybody to dictate what is "too much" for an individuals wages.

However, if something does come in, I think it should be related to turnover(i.e. a club should only be allowed to spend say 60%-75% of their turnover on wages) - people would find a way of working around a salary cap anyway, with payments no doubt being made to offshore accounts etc

• Moderators
I'm not keen on the idea of a salary cap, people should be able to earn whatever they are able to, it's not for anybody to dictate what is "too much" for an individuals wages.

However, if something does come in, I think it should be related to turnover(i.e. a club should only be allowed to spend say 60%-75% of their turnover on wages) - people would find a way of working around a salary cap anyway, with payments no doubt being made to offshore accounts etc

boot deals, image rights

salary caps don't prevent players earning what they are worth

justs tops club a getting all the top earners

fwiw, only way it could level things if you tell all clubs they can spend (example) 20 million a year on wages

link it to turnover and it favours the richest

theres no way the big boys vote for this, as it just sees the worlds best go to spain/italy

boot deals, image rights

salary caps don't prevent players earning what they are worth

justs tops club a getting all the top earners

fwiw, only way it could level things if you tell all clubs they can spend (example) 20 million a year on wages

link it to turnover and it favours the richest

theres no way the big boys vote for this, as it just sees the worlds best go to spain/italy

I think that s is what I was trying to get at :pardon:

• Members

A few years back, I would have agreed that a salary cap was not needed. Unfortunately, now things have reached a level that can be described as obscene. Is this 500k a week for real? So there you are sat in the stand watching some fcuker (admittedly brilliant) who is being paid for one week well over what you would earn in 10-15 years? How can that be right?

Having seen how a salary cap and draft system works down here, I am now all for it. Cassie is correct. Top earners get there by other means but all clubs end up with an equal chance of acquiring good resources and the glory gets shared around. Has to have a future in football somewhere - either before it implodes or immediately after.

Guest bwfc devon
A few years back, I would have agreed that a salary cap was not needed. Unfortunately, now things have reached a level that can be described as obscene. Is this 500k a week for real? So there you are sat in the stand watching some fcuker (admittedly brilliant) who is being paid for one week well over what you would earn in 10-15 years? How can that be right?

Having seen how a salary cap and draft system works down here, I am now all for it. Cassie is correct. Top earners get there by other means but all clubs end up with an equal chance of acquiring good resources and the glory gets shared around. Has to have a future in football somewhere - either before it implodes or immediately after.

Totally agree what happens when these owners / investors get bored or loose money the fans end up picking up the pieces as much as they can the worlds gone mad in general. :hi:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.